The Student Room Group
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Edge hill or mmu for animation

Which would be better for this course. I originally firmed edge hill but I’m having second thoughts due to the lack of activity they show on their website. Last time anything was added to the animation info at edge hill was in 2019.

I firmed it due to being worried about living in Manchester but Im worried I’ve made the wrong choice idk if im overthinking it

Thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Which would be better for this course. I originally firmed edge hill but I’m having second thoughts due to the lack of activity they show on their website. Last time anything was added to the animation info at edge hill was in 2019.

I firmed it due to being worried about living in Manchester but Im worried I’ve made the wrong choice idk if im overthinking it

Thanks

Hi,

I don't study animation but here are some tips to help choosing which university will be best for you.

I was able to find a couple of recent videos on Edge Hill's YouTube channel talking about studying animation here:
Discover Animation
Chris' Story
Studying Animation

There is also this page here that shows some recent news (May 2022) showing what animation graduates have been up to.

Some other tips for if you are struggling on deciding which university would be best for you is if you haven't already I would definitely recommend an open day linked here as they are an excellent way of asking any questions you have and may be able to address any of your concerns. I also would recommend taster days as they are an excellent way of speaking to current students and also allow you to see what you will get up to during your degree the one for animation is on the 21 June.

If you have been able to do so for both of the universities you have applied for then if you are still struggling on making a decision I would recommend making a pros and cons list and ask yourself some questions whilst doing so. For example: What modules are available? Are there optional modules? Do you prefer the modules at one of the universities over the other? What opportunities are available during and after your degree? What software is used?

Hopefully that all helps, let me know if you have any other questions! :smile:

Rebecca
2nd Year Geoenvironmental Hazards Student
Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Ormskirk
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending