The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mobius323
Colts won. :smile:

Tell me that was flagged. LOL

Nope :biggrin:
I'm a Cardinals fan and while I did expect us to lose yesterday, I didn't expect a blowout loss.

Thankfully we have a pretty solid defence. Our pass rush could be better, but it has been worse.

How we won with such a woeful offense is another matter!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4462
Peyton Manning having an absolute nightmare start at the Falcons
Original post by mobius323

Didn't watch the game, though I saw the missed FG. What a terrible attempt. Mind you, no disrespect to Arizona (who are looking very good so far this season), but New England should really be blowing them out. Mind you, I hear the Cards defence was very good? Either way, gotta be scoring more points.

Cards D is very good, but we had various mistakes. Our offensive line was bad which meant our offense was sloppy all game, and we took too long to adjust to the Hernandez injury. We still should have won, as Brady was Brady again in the 4th, and but for a dodgy holding call cutting out Woodhead's touchdown, and Gostkowski missing an easy kick compared to the 50 yarders he had already put over, Brady would have had 4 scoring drives in the 4th quarter. The interception was also not his fault really as he got tipped.

Basically, we made loads of uncharacteristic mistakes. Without them, we are are as good as ever.
Reply 4464
Pleased with Tampa's start to the year to an extent, albeit the weekend did cause a few questions to be raised about their defensive playcalling. I have no idea why the D co-ordinator kept running blitz packages leaving talib 1v1 with Cruz and Nicks. Suicide to say the least.
Original post by DanielMonopoly
Wish we had an American football league in the UK!

Is the three-tiered, multi-divisional senior league and 20+ year established university league not enough for you?
Original post by Hedgeman49
Is the three-tiered, multi-divisional senior league and 20+ year established university league not enough for you?

Not really no, it hardly compares to the NFL. A franchise over here would be nice, although there are plenty of potential issues (time differences, flight time, costs etc).
Original post by fudgesundae
Not really no, it hardly compares to the NFL. A franchise over here would be nice, although there are plenty of potential issues (time differences, flight time, costs etc).

I think what we have now is realistically the best we're going to get. Participation numbers will increase, possibly team numbers too, but the golden days of British football are gone and probably won't return.

International Series is nice as a once per season event (maybe even twice a season, if you listen to the commish) but the American fans will never support a British franchise, and nor will the Brits given most already have strong allegiances to their own teams.
Shaking up my fantasy team after a horrible performance last week. WRs are still playing horribly so I picked up Brandon LaFell and dropped Titus Young. I'ma start LaFell and Bryant. Dropped Roy Helu and picked up Michael Bush. If Forte is out, with Cutler's problems he could get big yards and be a TD threat. Benching AP as he has to play SF.

Rodgers needs to step up. 32 points in 2 games so far is appalling. I'll also be looking at Kenny Britt in the next couple of days. If it looks like he'll get more stats then I'll probably have him as my flex over Brandon Lloyd who has been getting targets but nothing in the redzone.
Shaking up my fantasy team after a horrible performance last week. WRs are still playing horribly so I picked up Brandon LaFell and dropped Titus Young. I'ma start LaFell and Bryant. Dropped Roy Helu and picked up Michael Bush. If Forte is out, with Cutler's problems he could get big yards and be a TD threat. Benching AP as he has to play SF.

Rodgers needs to step up. 32 points in 2 games so far is appalling. I'll also be looking at Kenny Britt in the next couple of days. If it looks like he'll get more stats then I'll probably have him as my flex over Brandon Lloyd who has been getting targets but nothing in the redzone.

You had a bad week? I've been named and shamed in the activity feed for leaving 77 points on the bench.
Original post by TheMagicRat
You had a bad week? I've been named and shamed in the activity feed for leaving 77 points on the bench.

haha :tongue:

At least some of your players were performing though, even my bench performed horribly.
I left Victor Cruz, Trent Richardson, and Cam Newton on my bench last week. Luckily it's only 6-man, so I still came out on top despite sitting 90 points.

I have 5 RBs and my friend needs an upgrade, trying to convince him to part with Jimmy Graham in return but it doesn't look like he's going to bite.
Original post by TheMagicRat

Thanks for that, by the way :smile:
Original post by shunter7634
Thanks for that, by the way :smile:

:lol: No problem.
Seahawks on MNF. That is all.
Reply 4475

Shoulda dropped Helu for Morris after week 1, Helu is 3rd RB on the skins depth chart.
The officials were truly awful against us, im not usually one to blame the referees but today they were against us with some almost comical calls. Get the old refs back ffs.
Original post by johnharris19944
The officials were truly awful against us, im not usually one to blame the referees but today they were against us with some almost comical calls. Get the old refs back ffs.

Second week in a row this could be said - we would have won last week if it wasn't for the very iffy holding call against Gronk. Got to beat the Bills next week, 1-3 would be very bad.
Truly awful the officials today I cab accept last week but this week was a new low...

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT26i
Officiating was bad but the Pats don't have any excuses really.

I hate to say it, but the Pats are in trouble. Bad offensive line play is still evident (although slightly improved) and the defense has reverted back to the base "revolving-door" system whereby you can take your pick from whether you score through the air or on the ground.

Shocking really! 2 dropped picks from McCourty, a god awful schoolboy DOUBLE missed tackle by McCourty and I think Gregory on Dennis Pitta, and not much of a pass rush to speak of either.

To only lose to the Ravens in Baltimore by 1 point with 2 seconds left means it's not all bad, but we need to beat Buffalo or we are going to b 1-3 and in real crisis mode.These are dark days for the empire...

Latest