The Student Room Group

BT Apprentices 2012/2013

Did anybody else get in this year, starting March '13? I don't know anybody else who got in, let me know :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got in! :biggrin:

I was told Tuesday last week over the phone and since then I have heard nothing. I'm sure that is normal, considering my start date is 3 months away, but I don't like waiting. I still have to hand in my notice at my current place of work but don't want to till I have the BT contract signed.
Hello whitey I got the same role offered a few weeks back in martlesham, I did think the same about not hearing anything and waiting but have realized that with the start date a few months away there is no need for them to rush into getting info. So now I'm just waiting to hear from them and looking forward to it.

Loads of people have asked for tips for the day so while I'm on I'll put what helped me.
-remember your there to sell yourself and not to compair yourself to the others there.
-try to relax, chat to the other applicants to get comfortable.
-remember the assessors had to apply too, they know how you feel so speak to them professionally but don't think you have to put on an act.

Just a few easy things to do but made me feel way more comfortable and confident on the day.

And guess I'll be starting with you whitey!
And you brucey potter sorry didn't see that message
Reply 4
So I take you had your Hub Day at Adastral Park? If so you'll be based in Ipswich like me, but also there is the possibility we could have already met. I had my Hub Day on Wednesday 31st OCT. How about you?
Reply 5
I'll see you all at Yarnfield, but i'm based at York :smile:
Yea I was at the same interview, spoke to a few people I would remember faces of?
Was in a group of 4 in the team tasks.
Let me know if you hear anything
Reply 7
Original post by Matthewpburke
Yea I was at the same interview, spoke to a few people I would remember faces of?
Was in a group of 4 in the team tasks.
Let me know if you hear anything

Will do. Nothing as of yet.

I was in a group of 3 for the team tasks so I wasn't with you. During the beginning part of the day which table were you at? I can kinda remember faces to seats.
As the guy was giving the presentation about the job I was sat in the group closest on his left. ( right side as you walk in )
You know anymore about what they need or when we start etc?
Reply 9
As the guy was giving the presentation about the job I was sat in the group closest on his left. ( right side as you walk in )
You know anymore about what they need or when we start etc?

Well I'll know you once I see you.

And nope nothing yet. Nothing else since the phone call. I even asked, back in the interview, if I were successful what could I do to prepare etc and both of them didn't say much. All I can recall is during the phone call they said that over the course of the next 3 months they'd get in contact when they want references and so on.
Reply 10
I got e-mailed asking for my passport details and my NI number :smile: Nothing else, but it's a start :smile:
Reply 11
Got my contract through :smile:
Original post by BruceyPotter
Got my contract through :smile:

Excuse me! Wheres mine?

How about you Mathew?
I'm still waiting but I guess we are different parts of the coutry so ours will surely come around the same time, probably done seraratly for different parts
Reply 14
Mine all came in e-mail form so far, and it's all filled in and sent.
whitey would you mind updating on here when yours comes through so we know where we are
whitey would you mind updating on here when yours comes through so we know where we are

Sure thing, will do.

So do the emails come from btopenreach or is it a specific person?
Anything yet Matt? Nothing here :frown:
Reply 18
Got my contract via email, done a load of confirming stuff, been accepted for the job, just gotta send off my P45 and my payroll details now...
just an email to say the start dates now 25th instead

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending