The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey we had the chance to win it but Stephen no confidence Gostkowski managed to somehow screw it up. We have better TE's but we've had to make do with either Hernandez injured with a Gronk carrying injuries or a injured Gronk with a just come back Hernandez. Schedule wise we have the harder schedule they play in the AFC west which somehow is actually worse then the AFC east the two worst teams Chiefs and Raiders have a combined 5 wins the same amount the Bills and Dolphins both have. Fact of the matter is Manning hasn't showed up when it comes to the big games story of his career for most of it...

Manning probably shouldn't even get comeback player of the season.

Original post by ..DT..
... but Brady lost to the Cardinals...

I get what your saying, but I don't think really there is that much between the 2. Ok Denver defence offsets the fact that NE have better WRs and TEs, schedule wise nothing much between the two. In the games the Broncos have lost Manning has been poor, in the games NE have lost they have come up against 2 teams solid against the run. I agree that AP should be in the picture though, how that team wins games I have no idea. He's gonna have to have back surgery soon for the amount of time he spends with the team on his back.

What console do you play on?

Xbox 360 the guy who last owned the team i took over has really screwed the team up worse then what i thought was possible. Awful contracts, cap space sucks and roster is woeful...
Reply 4701
Original post by TheMagicRat
No way is Manning worthy of the MVP award. He's not even the most valuable player for the Broncos. The Broncos are all about the defence. Manning has had a great year but when you're not the most valuable part of your team, you can't be the most valuable player in the league. The QB tends to get all the glory. Even last year, it was all about Tebow for the Broncos when, much like this year, it was their defence that got the job done time and time again.

But the defense isn't one player.
Manning has turned a decent team into a team that looks like it can beat anyone, and he's doing it without a great supporting cast on offense.
Original post by munn
Manning has turned a decent team into a team that looks like it can beat anyone, and he's doing it without a great supporting cast on offense.

Decker and Thomas are easily good enough to be first team receivers not to mention hes got a pretty damn good O-line. It looks like he can beat weak teams but he can't beat the playoff teams...
Original post by munn

I think that's a little harsh on some of the offense, particularly McGahee who offers very good support for him.

And I know it isn't one player but generally speaking the defence is a unit that is the sum of all its parts, or else it usually isn't very effective. Having said that, Von Miller is clearly Broncos MVP.
Reply 4704
Can I just say how happy I am that I chose to support the Seahawks! Think we are serious contenders for the Superbowl.:biggrin:
Original post by TSuggs
Got my fantasy regular season champ award! Missed out on highest scoring by 4 points!
Up against my best mate in the playoffs who's team consists primarily of Giants players..

Who else made the playoffs in their fantasy?

Yup, with an 11-3 record. Scored the most points overall in my league as well. I took some risks with the drafting (picked Freeman and Doug Martin up) and they've both been outstanding. The 4th seed I'm up against now has an 8-6 record with a very average team - I'm expecting to make the final tbh.
Original post by Bromers
Can I just say how happy I am that I chose to support the Seahawks! Think we are serious contenders for the Superbowl.:biggrin:

If you don't get home field youyr lot are screwed. Woeful away from home haha :tongue:
Reply 4707
Original post by johnharris19944
Xbox 360 the guy who last owned the team i took over has really screwed the team up worse then what i thought was possible. Awful contracts, cap space sucks and roster is woeful...

If you fancy a game sometime my GT is x dannnnyt . I'll probably be on quite a bit over the christmas period in evenings.

Original post by TheMagicRat
I think that's a little harsh on some of the offense, particularly McGahee who offers very good support for him.

And I know it isn't one player but generally speaking the defence is a unit that is the sum of all its parts, or else it usually isn't very effective. Having said that, Von Miller is clearly Broncos MVP.

Mcgahee has been poor this year. I think it says it all when a QB has more yards in less attempts than him.

EDIT2: Also just noticed AP's stats. I knew he'd been wrecking it up but 6 YPA, and 18 20+ yard runs. No way does he not get comeback player of the year.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ..DT..
Mcgahee has been poor this year. I think it says it all when a QB has more yards in less attempts than him.

He has a YPA of 4.4 which is pretty good and, in fact, his third best year ever for that stat and he's having his second best year receiving with a 8.5 average.

I'd say that says more about RGIII than McGahee and, besides, a good rushing QB will almost always have a better YPA than the vast majority of running backs.
Gronkowski supposedly ready to practice, if thats the case other teams will finally get a look at what our offense is truly capable of. :grin:

However as much as i like the sound of Gronkowski having 3 new red and gold toys to play with for Christmas (Bowman, Willis and Whitner) let him heal up a bit more. Unreal how quickly players are coming back to play with serious injuries...
Original post by Bromers

We're looking great at the moment. Think we proved we can beat anyone and we only getting better. Just hope Sherman isn't banned when (if) we get to the playoffs.
Original post by nevergohalfpace
We're looking great at the moment. Think we proved we can beat anyone and we only getting better. Just hope Sherman isn't banned when (if) we get to the playoffs.

The longer they delay his suspension the longer he will miss the playoffs wont he? I don't think hes missed a game yet, if thats the case he would come back after the wild card round possibly after.
The longer they delay his suspension the longer he will miss the playoffs wont he? I don't think hes missed a game yet, if thats the case he would come back after the wild card round possibly after.

His appeal is after this game against the Bills, so if he is found guilty then he would be able to return in the NFC Championship game if we got there.
Worst case scenario is that he misses start of next season if we go out of the playoffs early.
Think Seahawks tactic is to blame it all on Browner, then Sherman accidentally drank Browner's bottle with adderall.
Reply 4713
Does anyone have Madden 13? Is it worth getting it, or should I just pick up 12 for a lot less?
Original post by nevergohalfpace
His appeal is after this game against the Bills, so if he is found guilty then he would be able to return in the NFC Championship game if we got there.
Worst case scenario is that he misses start of next season if we go out of the playoffs early.
Think Seahawks tactic is to blame it all on Browner, then Sherman accidentally drank Browner's bottle with adderall.

Oh god man, thats a toughie if they took the suspension they could have had him back by playoffs but then they could have not made the playoffs as well, on the other hand they also had the chance of using them and delaying the suspension to get to the playoffs but then the cornerbacks severely weakened for the playoffs.

Tough situation :redface:
Gronkowski supposedly ready to practice, if thats the case other teams will finally get a look at what our offense is truly capable of. :grin:

However as much as i like the sound of Gronkowski having 3 new red and gold toys to play with for Christmas (Bowman, Willis and Whitner) let him heal up a bit more. Unreal how quickly players are coming back to play with serious injuries...

I agree. Pats already guaranteed a playoff spot. They need Gronk 100% for the playoffs.
Original post by ..DT..
If you fancy a game sometime my GT is x dannnnyt . I'll probably be on quite a bit over the christmas period in evenings.

EDIT2: Also just noticed AP's stats. I knew he'd been wrecking it up but 6 YPA, and 18 20+ yard runs. No way does he not get comeback player of the year.

A certain player with the initials PM would like to have a word with you...
Original post by dgeorge
I agree. Pats already guaranteed a playoff spot. They need Gronk 100% for the playoffs.

Your a Pats fan man? :tongue:
Your a Pats fan man? :tongue:

I became one after the superteam of 2007.

What I wouldn't give for Randy Moss to be back on the team. Probably the most potent offensive combination in history (of course Brady and Gronk/Welker come close)

:frown:
Why does the NFL not realise that it needs to have an hour or so long highlights programme at a sensible time on a free to view channel in order to satisfy and expand its fan base?

I'm not paying to have - what's it on now, Sky Sports 3? - just for the NFL.

Latest