The Student Room Group

Hiding last seen online time: whatsapp

Say if I wanted to read a message, but wanted to hide the last seen online time, could I turn off the wifi, read it, then turn it back on when I have exited whatsapp? So basically if my last online time was 21:44, and someone send me a message, and i did the wifi trick, would it still remain at 21:44?
Who cares? Why does this even matter OP?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 2
Original post by sophisticated
Who cares? Why does this even matter OP?

So he doesn't have to reply immediately, or make the person think the OP is ignoring him/her.

I don't use Whatsapp, but I can see why people want to disable last seen time!
You can disable the last seen time on your settings anyway if you want to? At least you can on the app version I've got....

Reply 4
Original post by ZRO
Say if I wanted to read a message, but wanted to hide the last seen online time, could I turn off the wifi, read it, then turn it back on when I have exited whatsapp? So basically if my last online time was 21:44, and someone send me a message, and i did the wifi trick, would it still remain at 21:44?

Original post by sophisticated
You can disable the last seen time on your settings anyway if you want to? At least you can on the app version I've got....

http://jaxov.com/2012/09/hide-online-offline-status-whatsapp/

Yeah
Reply 5
Original post by ZRO

i tend to go onto airline mode, dont know if this works or not, hope it does! haha
Reply 6
Original post by tehforum
So he doesn't have to reply immediately, or make the person think the OP is ignoring him/her.

I don't use Whatsapp, but I can see why people want to disable last seen time!

Yup exactly! This man understands aha! Thanks for the help anyway guys :wink:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
No, last time will change for sure and you don't need to do that, just disable last seen on your whats up, go to WhatsApp Settings, Then head to Account where you Choose Privacy Go to Last Seen and select “Nobody“. Here http://www.vpnanswers.com/tips-tricks-safer-whatsapp/ you find more tricks to be more safe and private.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending