The Student Room Group

How to get rid of a guy?

He wanted to have physicals with me back in 2021 but I didn't and he became quite sulky but persisted in maintaining contact with me.
I went along but he did a few things that pushed my buttons and I cut him off. However, he wouldn't accept it and kept trying to start conversations with me. He deleted me off whatsapp I think as I couldn't see his last seen after I kept ignoring his attempts to talk to me.

Ultimately I decided to give him another chance and he persisted. However, i stopped going to the building where he studies and after a month, when he saw me, he gave him a hateful look but i still waved st him.

Then I found out how he was stringing me along with a few other girls so I cut him off again but he protested and didn't accept it again, forcing me to speak to him .

I care and like him and some of his classmates gossiped about him to me so I told him about it and he quickly re-added me on whatsapp after 9 months of deleting or hiding his last seen from me.

However, I know he's stringing me along and I no longer want this. But I don't know how to get rid of him.

What do i do?
Oh I was in the exact same position as you! There was this guy I was seeing and I liked him and was together with him but he was always flirting with other girls and I didn't like it. Every time I got angry he would insist that there's nothing going on and after I blocked him and don't message him, he will always find a way to contact me again and to get back, so it was so hard to get rid of him.
I think the best way of all is to not give him any attention, you see the more attention we give to someone like that the more they wouldn't give up and keep on coming back over and over cause that's really what they want, your time and attention. No matter how much he comes back, just don't feed him the attention that he so desperately needs.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Oh I was in the exact same position as you! There was this guy I was seeing and I liked him and was together with him but he was always flirting with other girls and I didn't like it. Every time I got angry he would insist that there's nothing going on and after I blocked him and don't message him, he will always find a way to contact me again and to get back, so it was so hard to get rid of him.
I think the best way of all is to not give him any attention, you see the more attention we give to someone like that the more they wouldn't give up and keep on coming back over and over cause that's really what they want, your time and attention. No matter how much he comes back, just don't feed him the attention that he so desperately needs.

I did but he doesnt stop
Reply 3
Its better the devil you know than the devil you dont. You would rather keep adding him back and him being nasty, sulky, persistant, than you cutting him off completely and be done with it.
If you are going to cut him off, make sure its 100% next time, otherwise if you re open the door again he will think hes still in a chance with you, or still got some sort of connection there when there clearly is not.
If you really want him to stop and get rid of him, you know exactly what to do, just block him from everything. But you don't do this, so why bother ask for advice when you already know what you should do to get him to stop.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending