The Student Room Group

Northern Ireland Social work entry 2023

ReportThread starter3 days agoHiya anyone applied for social Work for 2023? If so where are you hoping to go? Im hoping for UU the relevant graduate entry route but I've applied for the 3 year one too

Scroll to see replies

Hi I've applied for the 3 yr degree at Ulster and Queens. Nervously waiting to see if I'm offered an interview.
Just got my interview date and so nervous! Any tips girls pls x
Original post by Stephanie,94
Just got my interview date and so nervous! Any tips girls pls x

Yeah I just got mine this afternoon too. I would just watch the video ulster put up on their website regarding interviews it was pretty informative. And have answers ready for why you wanna study SW and what the job entails I think. I wish we could do face to face so bad!
Me too so so badly! It's hard when no one is there to engage with you and if you stutter you just have to watch yourself 🥺 I'm prepping and have been for the past week or 2 anyway but I can never be prepared enough. Is yours on Monday too?
Me too so so badly! It's hard when no one is there to engage with you and if you stutter you just have to watch yourself 🥺 I'm prepping and have been for the past week or 2 anyway but I can never be prepared enough. Is yours on Monday too?

Yeah mines on Monday. I've just been doing lots of reading, haven't practiced saying answers out loud yet. I probably should but like you said it's so strange just sitting talking to yourself.
Original post by Mildlymad
Yeah mines on Monday. I've just been doing lots of reading, haven't practiced saying answers out loud yet. I probably should but like you said it's so strange just sitting talking to yourself.

Good luck let me know how it goes for you x
I'm so nervous waiting to hear if I've got an interview! Seems they don't give much time to prepare if you have one scheduled for Monday lol - when did they email you with the interview date? Is it with QUB? I'm researching like crazy but will be so handy to know what sort of questions they're asking this year. I've applied for the relevant grad route at QUB 🤞
Original post by jimmykrankie
I'm so nervous waiting to hear if I've got an interview! Seems they don't give much time to prepare if you have one scheduled for Monday lol - when did they email you with the interview date? Is it with QUB? I'm researching like crazy but will be so handy to know what sort of questions they're asking this year. I've applied for the relevant grad route at QUB 🤞

I got my email yesterday saying the portal will open on Monday and from then you have 72hours to complete it. I've applied for qub 3 year and 2 year course and belfast met ulster 3 year course too 🤞
Reply 9
Morning guys I've applied to queens ,ulster and Belfast met three year route. Currently doing my fd degree in health and social care at NRC newtonabbey. Good luck to everyone sending interviews in the next 72 hours im nervous but excited will be doing mine tomorrow because my kids are both at home today 😅.
I got my email yesterday saying the portal will open on Monday and from then you have 72hours to complete it. I've applied for qub 3 year and 2 year course and belfast met ulster 3 year course too 🤞

Original post by ChezzaE
Morning guys I've applied to queens ,ulster and Belfast met three year route. Currently doing my fd degree in health and social care at NRC newtonabbey. Good luck to everyone sending interviews in the next 72 hours im nervous but excited will be doing mine tomorrow because my kids are both at home today 😅.

I'll be doing mine tomorrow too as my 3 little ones are home today and their dad is working. I've been reading over answers I've written to questions I'm hoping will come up.. sooo nervous just about the fact there's no one on the other side of the camera! But hoping I won't have any stutters and just goes smoothly. Good luck x
I still haven't had any emails at all and starting to worry I haven't even got an interview 😭 anyone else in the same boat? Would I have got a link already if I'd an interview? Good luck to you all 🤞
(edited 1 year ago)
I still haven't had any emails at all and starting to worry I haven't even got an interview 😭 anyone else in the same boat? Would I have got a link already if I'd an interview? Good luck to you all 🤞

Just wondering when you sent your application off? I sent mine end of November and they may go through them from first submitted to last x
Just wondering when you sent your application off? I sent mine end of November and they may go through them from first submitted to last x

Aahh maybe that is it cos mine wasn't until end of Jan! Hoping you're right anyway lol thank you x
Aahh maybe that is it cos mine wasn't until end of Jan! Hoping you're right anyway lol thank you x

I would count no news as good news as I'm sure they would let you know if you were unsuccessful and not leave you hanging. Good luck x
Heyy everyone! I got my interview email last week I'm hoping to do mine tomorrow. I've been looking at the NISCC website mainly and googling interview questions and just writing my answers. I hate the thought of it being online I feel like it's so hard to get your personality across without speaking to a human lol. I have a WhatsApp group if any of you want to be added just send your number? I applied in November so yeah I would say they're done in batches but I'd say you would of heard by now if you didn't get one. I think they interview everyone tbh going by previous years
Original post by pariskosky
Heyy everyone! I got my interview email last week I'm hoping to do mine tomorrow. I've been looking at the NISCC website mainly and googling interview questions and just writing my answers. I hate the thought of it being online I feel like it's so hard to get your personality across without speaking to a human lol. I have a WhatsApp group if any of you want to be added just send your number? I applied in November so yeah I would say they're done in batches but I'd say you would of heard by now if you didn't get one. I think they interview everyone tbh going by previous years

Ohh can I be added to the WhatsApp please? My number is 07492366489 😘
Original post by pariskosky

Same pls 07594012745
Yes add me to the whatsapp please im 07570015516.. and impatiently waiting for the interview email to go live 😂😂😂
That's yous all added now 🥰

Quick Reply

Latest