The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

MMU Applicants & Offers Chat Thread 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
i got an email this morning with my interview date for MMU on the 23rd of jan, can someone tell me what its going to be like ? i mean, ive got a portfolio with a range of work, drawing, digital etc. but i dont know what i need to know ? like will i be in a group or on my own completely ? what is it they will be asking me about ? i dont even know what to do and im completely freaking out !! SOMEONE HELP
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 101
Original post by Moontoon
ah it's 260-280 points :smile: should be ok!just out interest, why does manchester met get so much hate?
I think it's purely down to the fact it's a metropolitan university
i had my interview on wednesday and it was fine. there was about 10/15 of us and we all went to a big room and put out portfolios down and whilst they looked through them we all watched a presentation (which was the same presentation as the one at the open day if you went) then they called 3 of us (me and two others) to have a group interview with two lecturers. they asked us each to talk about one project in our portfolios for like 5 minutes and they just ask us questions about the project like where we got inspiration from and what we liked best about it etc. they then ask us why we chose mmu over all the other uni's. it goes really fast when you're there, they cant really show that they love one of you because it isn't fair on the other two, so if they don't show they like you then you never know hahaha, i didn't think they liked me but i got an offer two days after it and they said they'd let me know in up to two weeks! hope this helped :smile:
Reply 103
thank you !! that makes me feel much better about it, mine is next wednesday, and ive been worried about it since i got the email.
I've applied for this course too, not heard anything back yet x
Reply 105
Original post by cmcwhirter144
I got an offer for Geography with study abroad :smile: and I was wondering if anyone knew what the university is like compared to Manchester Uni? I heard that the courses are far more practical. Also has anyone else got an offer for this course? :smile:

I'm changing mine from geog to this:-) which uni abroad do you think you will go to? I'm thinking Australia but I'm unsure if they all do geography, do you know?:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Just got an unconditional for Fashion Buying & Merch. Exciting!
Reply 107
Got an invitation/interview on the 19th feb for adult nursing :smile:
08:45 though... blimey.
Anyone else? :smile:
I had my interview for adult nursing on the 8th Jan but still hasn't heard back. Anyone else in the same boat ? Is this a good/bad sign ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you have to have an interview for every subject at uni!?
got an offer for mechanical engineering of 280 points :biggrin:
Original post by christy053
I had my interview for adult nursing on the 8th Jan but still hasn't heard back. Anyone else in the same boat ? Is this a good/bad sign ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know. But I haven't heard back either. I know some of my friends got an offer, and they had theirs on the same day as us. Guess we just have to wait!!!:smile:
Original post by IncognitoBlue
I don't know. But I haven't heard back either. I know some of my friends got an offer, and they had theirs on the same day as us. Guess we just have to wait!!!:smile:

Awww right okay ! I wonder if that means we are on the maybe pile "/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 113
I applied beginning of December and was given a conditional offer on 12th December. Just booked to go on the visit day on 6th March x
Reply 114
Original post by femig
should i be worried? with people getting offers an interviews already?

I applied around 10th december

ALSO , when do i send them the digital portfolio ?

What have you applied for? Manchester haven't asked me for a digital portfolio, just invited me for an interview. I wouldn't be worried, have you had interviews for other unis?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi everyone :smile:
what offers have you been getting for geography? Panicking as I already have my a levels which come to 260 points with a B in geog
Reply 116
Original post by Moontoon
Do you have to have an interview for every subject at uni!?

No:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 117
Hi all,

I applied for this course at the end of December and Im still waiting for a response. Hoping for a decision soon as this is my first choice.

Good luck everyone!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by christinasot
Thankss! Yeah.. MMU is my first choice so now that i have it i don't care about my other offers. I got conditionals from all my other Unis but i wanted mmu! What course are you gonna do?:smile:

think i might be going to Leeds metropolitan, but it might be my insurance! i applied to do physiology
Anyone considering Daisy Bank Halls? I'm starting in MMU in September to study Psychology and thinking of going to Daisy Bank halls as it's literally under 5 minutes to my campus xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending