The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Manchester Met or Leeds Uni ? Fashion Marketing

Hi, I’m interested in fashion marketing. I like both Leeds Uni & Manchester Met and just wondering if anyone has any advice on which would be best. x
Reply 1
Leeds is more renowned, if you’re after success Leeds is where it’s at🙂
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by Codior
Leeds is more renowned, if you’re after success Leeds is where it’s at🙂

Thank you.
Original post by SJPD
Hi, I’m interested in fashion marketing. I like both Leeds Uni & Manchester Met and just wondering if anyone has any advice on which would be best. x

Hi there
im at manchester met and i would say it is a really good uni and i would recommend it, a fair few people i know are doing fashion marketing here as well and they all enjoy it. I would say leeds uni is probably more 'respected' in terms of like status etc but i really like MMU. I do know that the facilities for fashion marketing here are pretty impressive as some of my coursemates did joint projects with fashion students. They did some pretty cool stuff as a project.
The only thing is there are a lot of people who are here for the uni experince over university if you know what i mean e.g clubbing,social life. However you will get that at any uni but i think it may be slightly more at MMU than other unis such as bath or exeter.
I do disagree with the other peson who has commented on this thread though (and not even because you would consider me bias 😂 ), just because you go to leeds does not affect or guarantee the success you may get. That is not something that should affect your decision in my opinion no matter what uni you pick. Another thing to consider is manchester is such a good city for connections and its very up and coming which is something you will not get at leeds. MMU does have excellent connections with industry as well.

I have rambled on for so long now, sorry if this confused you more or something. I hope this helped you in some way though and good luck!!!
Reply 4
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it. I was really impressed with the course at MMU open day. Decisions decisions 😀
Original post by Anonymous
Hi there
im at manchester met and i would say it is a really good uni and i would recommend it, a fair few people i know are doing fashion marketing here as well and they all enjoy it. I would say leeds uni is probably more 'respected' in terms of like status etc but i really like MMU. I do know that the facilities for fashion marketing here are pretty impressive as some of my coursemates did joint projects with fashion students. They did some pretty cool stuff as a project.
The only thing is there are a lot of people who are here for the uni experince over university if you know what i mean e.g clubbing,social life. However you will get that at any uni but i think it may be slightly more at MMU than other unis such as bath or exeter.
I do disagree with the other peson who has commented on this thread though (and not even because you would consider me bias 😂 ), just because you go to leeds does not affect or guarantee the success you may get. That is not something that should affect your decision in my opinion no matter what uni you pick. Another thing to consider is manchester is such a good city for connections and its very up and coming which is something you will not get at leeds. MMU does have excellent connections with industry as well.

I have rambled on for so long now, sorry if this confused you more or something. I hope this helped you in some way though and good luck!!!
Original post by SJPD
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I really appreciate it. I was really impressed with the course at MMU open day. Decisions decisions 😀

aha glad i didnt stress you out more. Deciding on unis is so hard it took me months to work out which one to go to. Good luck i wish you all the best :smile:)
Reply 6
Original post by futurestudent11
I just firmed my place here and I’m currently waiting for a decision. I chose Manchester met for Fashion Marketing because I really love the course and the city seems like best of both worlds, but don’t do what I did and rush. Impulsively I chose to firm it and woke up with second thoughts but I think it’s because I’m scared. Sorry if I’m rambling I just needed somewhere to talk about it, but if you end up going MMU too , hit me up let’s be friends. Moving to a new city can be kind of Scary and that’s probably why I’m so nervous and anxious. I called UcAs asking them what I can do if I change my mind and he explained that if I wanted to all I would
Have to go do is call the university if it’s been more than 14 days. This thread has been incredibly helpful in calming down my nerves. If you have anymore to say about MMU please share thank you ☺️

Have you received an offer from MMU? I’m still waiting. The course sounded fantastic at the open day. Will definitely get in touch if I go x
Original post by SJPD
Have you received an offer from MMU? I’m still waiting. The course sounded fantastic at the open day. Will definitely get in touch if I go x

Not yet! I’m still waiting for confirmation on my firm offer, but tell me if you go ! The course is amazing! x
I just firmed my place here and I’m currently waiting for a decision. I chose Manchester met for Fashion Marketing because I really love the course and the city seems like best of both worlds, but don’t do what I did and rush. Impulsively I chose to firm it and woke up with second thoughts but I think it’s because I’m scared. Sorry if I’m rambling I just needed somewhere to talk about it, but if you end up going MMU too , hit me up let’s be friends. Moving to a new city can be kind of Scary and that’s probably why I’m so nervous and anxious. I called UcAs asking them what I can do if I change my mind and he explained that if I wanted to all I would
Have to go do is call the university if it’s been more than 14 days. This thread has been incredibly helpful in calming down my nerves. If you have anymore to say about MMU please share thank you ☺️

Hi!
I'm in my first year at MMU currently and i love the uni!! cant say i love my flat and that has not been easy but im currently in the process of switching flats as well so hopefully that will be sorted soon. It's such a daunting idea moving to a new city. I am always around for a chat or to give you any advice if you need it, or just tell you more about the uni. A few of my friends do fashion marketing and they love it.
Good luck!!! 🙂
Original post by SJPD

Hi!I'm in my first year at MMU currently and i love the uni!! cant say i love my flat and that has not been easy but im currently in the process of switching flats as well so hopefully that will be sorted soon. It's such a daunting idea moving to a new city. I am always around for a chat or to give you any advice if you need it, or just tell you more about the uni like accomodation or anything like that ill happy to chat! A few of my friends do fashion marketing and they love it.Good luck!!! 🙂
Hi!
I'm in my first year at MMU currently and i love the uni!! cant say i love my flat and that has not been easy but im currently in the process of switching flats as well so hopefully that will be sorted soon. It's such a daunting idea moving to a new city. I am always around for a chat or to give you any advice if you need it, or just tell you more about the uni. A few of my friends do fashion marketing and they love it.
Good luck!!! 🙂

Hello! Thank you so much 😊, I’m glad that you’re enjoying your time at MMU it gives me hope that I’ll also enjoy it. Yeah moving to a city alone can be so hard sometimes, but don’t worry I’m sure you’ll find a better flat. I’m so glad that your friends love the course, was it hard making friends? And what course do you do? Also how are the societies? I know that Manchester is a diverse city but is the courses just as diverse?Thank you so much, you’ve been very helpful in calming me. And how do you do deal with feeling homesick (if you do)
Sorry if that’s too many questions x, hope you had a lovely day today
Hello! Thank you so much 😊, I’m glad that you’re enjoying your time at MMU it gives me hope that I’ll also enjoy it. Yeah moving to a city alone can be so hard sometimes, but don’t worry I’m sure you’ll find a better flat. I’m so glad that your friends love the course, was it hard making friends? And what course do you do? Also how are the societies? I know that Manchester is a diverse city but is the courses just as diverse?Thank you so much, you’ve been very helpful in calming me. And how do you do deal with feeling homesick (if you do)
Sorry if that’s too many questions x, hope you had a lovely day today

ah no worries im happy to answer questions for you!! ill probably answer them on a message to just you now because i always get so consuded on these threads 😂
ah no worries im happy to answer questions for you!! ill probably answer them on a message to just you now because i always get so consuded on these threads 😂

Thank you so much x! but for some reason it says I’m not ready to message yet? So I cant even reply to you :frown:
Original post by SJPD

Hi there
Sounds like you already have some great advice from peoples in the same position as you! Manchester metropolitan primo ideas you access to amazing cutting edge facilities - workshops and soft ware. Furthermore, the course focuses a lot of developing your own personal brand, to help prepare you for employment and life after uni. Finally, as stats don’t lie 95% of students 15 months after the course has finished we’re doing further studying or had found work!
However, what university you choose is a personal thing. Take the time to analyse both Leeds and Manchester course 🙂
Message with any other questions, it would be great to have you!
Emily <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending