The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5040
Speaking of college football, I'm surprised nobody mentioned AJ McCarron's girlfriend after the BCS Championship game, she's stunning :colone:

Back on topic, does anyone think the Ravens can make it past the Patriots? I was reading something about how Flacco has out played Brandy in the last couple of meetings, didn't know that but it would be interesting to see.
Reply 5041
Next piece of the Te'o' puzzle: A statement to ESPN by Te'o

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8851033/story-manti-teo-girlfriend-death-apparently-hoax

Catfish!

(I'm signing off but @WillMcAvoyACN (fictional news anchor) is keeping tabs on this story on Twitter if you want to follow it further because I'm sure it'll develop into the night)

Oh and for your viewing pleasure, a list of 'news' organisations who never checked the provenance of Te'o's girlfriend!
http://http://www.sbnation.com/2013/1/16/3884198/the-list-people-who-never-looked-up-lennay-kekua
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5042
Original post by Wattsy
I know we don't much discuss stuff that happens in College Football but have you seen the article on Manti Te'o's girlfriend on Deadspin?

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-the-most-heartbreaking-and-inspirational-story-of-the-college-football-season-is-a-hoax

It's caaaraaayzy

http://deadspin.com/5976517/manti-teos-dead-girlfriend-is-a-hoax?post=56290124

That **** cray.

Wonder how it's going to affect him if he's found out to be in on it. Him and Notre Dame are denying it atm but, how do you talk to a guy for over a year and not realise his a girl.....I mean deeper voice and all that **** :dontknow:
(edited 11 years ago)

Hahaha if that's really what happened, he got trolled big time!
Original post by Tokyoround
Hahaha if that's really what happened, he got trolled big time!

Sorry, but the whole excuse by Manti just sounds like regurgitated hogwash.

I mean, really, how the hell can Manti never have even seen her? He travelled the country up and down playing football - was there never ONCE the opportunity to meet his girlfriend who he loved SO MUCH? He was never bothered to skype or facebook chat this person EVEN ONCE?

And his girlfriend just happened to die hours after his grandmother?

The excuse that is being peddled is obviously a ridiculous lie to cover his tracks.

I really love this quote by ESPN

"In an interview with ESPN for "College GameDay" on Oct. 2, Te'o said Kekua's last words to him were "I love you." He also said that she was "the most beautiful girl I've ever met."

I mean, how can you really later say that you never "really" met her?
Reply 5045
It is absolute madness and if Te'o's in on it, which I have to say is looking ever more likely, what does that tell you about his character!? This could hurt his prospects.
Original post by dgeorge
Sorry, but the whole excuse by Manti just sounds like regurgitated hogwash.

I mean, really, how the hell can Manti never have even seen her? He travelled the country up and down playing football - was there never ONCE the opportunity to meet his girlfriend who he loved SO MUCH? He was never bothered to skype or facebook chat this person EVEN ONCE?

And his girlfriend just happened to die hours after his grandmother?

The excuse that is being peddled is obviously a ridiculous lie to cover his tracks.

I really love this quote by ESPN

"In an interview with ESPN for "College GameDay" on Oct. 2, Te'o said Kekua's last words to him were "I love you." He also said that she was "the most beautiful girl I've ever met."

I mean, how can you really later say that you never "really" met her?

Yeah I imagine him/ND are trying to do damage control atm so it doesn't hurt his stock for the draft but we will get the truth in the coming weeks as the story gets bigger and bigger.
Yeah I imagine him/ND are trying to do damage control atm so it doesn't hurt his stock for the draft but we will get the truth in the coming weeks as the story gets bigger and bigger.

I agree, thats probably what they're trying to do, but you can't do damage control by telling MORE lies.

If he had come straight out and said "It was a story that got out of control, I'm sorry" I'm pretty sure most people would forgive him.

However, trying to make it that he was the "victim" will only do MORE damage.

IF you get caught as a high profile person, the best thing to do is ALWAYS to immediately apologise.
Original post by dgeorge
I agree, thats probably what they're trying to do, but you can't do damage control by telling MORE lies.

If he had come straight out and said "It was a story that got out of control, I'm sorry" I'm pretty sure most people would forgive him.

However, trying to make it that he was the "victim" will only do MORE damage.

IF you get caught as a high profile person, the best thing to do is ALWAYS to immediately apologise.

That's true, if it comes out that this was all a lie followed by more lies, it could severely hurt his draft as well as NDs reputation.

Well I say that but the Raiders or someone may still take him high, they love players with off field issues :rolleyes:
(edited 11 years ago)
That's true, if it comes out that this was all a lie followed by more lies, it could severely hurt his draft as well as NDs reputation.

Well I say that but the Raiders or someone may still take him high, they love players with off field issues :rolleyes:

If he apologises within the next few days, I think he'll still find someone to take him. He's still a GREAT player, and technically I don't think that he's done anything illegal
Original post by dgeorge
If he apologises within the next few days, I think he'll still find someone to take him. He's still a GREAT player, and technically I don't think that he's done anything illegal

It's not illegal but shows immaturity and will raise doubts over his state of mind.

I think maturity, psych evaluations, mental health etc. are going to keep playing an increasingly important role in the draft over the coming years.
It's not illegal but shows immaturity and will raise doubts over his state of mind.

I think maturity, psych evaluations, mental health etc. are going to keep playing an increasingly important role in the draft over the coming years.

I agree.

The most amusing thing about all of this is that while I was just listening to ESPN, there are some expert analysts who really DO think he was fooled by someone else. That he is totally innocent and that he is a victim.

I just need their contact details so they can help me get some money out of this Nigerian bank that owe me...
Reply 5052
Original post by Zubby77
Speaking of college football, I'm surprised nobody mentioned AJ McCarron's girlfriend after the BCS Championship game, she's stunning :colone:

Clearly Brent Musberger isn't on TSR :tongue:

On the Te'o thing, sounds like he is in the ****. The stock of his 'incredible leadership intangibles' which were apparently going to compensate for him not being Ptrick Wllis type athelete could be taking quite the battering over the next few days.

I know ND has some of the most stringent academic requirements in college football but he definitely hasn't though this one through.
Reply 5053
Was going to post this earlier but laptop acting yetty. Apparently some Arizonal fullback has met Te'o 'girlfriend' before. This is a massive mind ****.

However, Reagan Maui'a, a fullback with the Arizona Cardinals, now claims to have met Kekua in person while doing charity work in American Samoa with other team-mates in June 2011.

"This was before her and Manti," ESPN reported Maui'a as saying. "I don't think Manti was even in the picture, but she and I became good friends. We would talk off and on, just checking up on each other kind of thing. I am close to her family. When she was going through the loss of her father, I was I offered a comforting shoulder and just someone to bounce her emotions off. That was just from meeting her in Samoa."

"She was tall," he added. "Volleyball-type of physique. She was athletic, tall, beautiful. Long hair. Polynesian. She looked like a model.

Some **** doesn't add up here.

Firstly when I read the article earlier, Troy Polumanu nearly got dragged into this as he was mentioned as one of the players present at the charity event but his name has now been removed. Lucky for him Maui'a quikly set the record straight.

But now, more importantly, why is Maui'a saying that he's met this girl and "...she is real." when it's been established that she's a hoax. I can feel an armageddon comng down on us.
(edited 11 years ago)
Damn it where are the NOTW phone hackers when you need them :fuhrer:
Reply 5055
Anyone thinking of going to the NFL UK Super Bash?
Reply 5056
Original post by Zubby77
Anyone thinking of going to the NFL UK Super Bash?

Always try, never get pick.
Reply 5057
Original post by 419
Always try, never get pick.

Oh I just applied, for some reason I thought I had a pretty good chance of going. Not anymore:colonhash:
Reply 5058
Original post by dgeorge

I think hes overrated he can't tackle and he got exposed badly in the BCS championship game, he might go top 10 still but I wouldn't be suprised if it ends badly

Latest