The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lolface32
There is a possibility of anything coming up! So many six mark topics! I forgot about the plum & pudding model, RCCB's, Filament bulb, a very large variety!

I doubt they'd do RCCB and fuse for 6 marker as that was a 2 marker in June!!! Although I doubt they could do something like a filament lamp or plum and pudding. More likely - Explain the experiments of Rutherford and Marsden that led to the discovery of the structure of an atom.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 141
Original post by bbadonde2
I doubt they'd do RCCB and fuse for 6 marker as that was a 2 marker in June!!! Although I doubt they could do something like a filament lamp or plum and pudding. More likely - Explain the experiments of Rutherford and Marsden that led to the discovery of the structure of an atom.

My teacher gave us an assessment which was a six marker on why resistance increases as heat increases. But yeah, RCCB's is highly unlikely and yeah, the discovery of the atom is a very likely question to come up.
My teacher gave us an assessment which was a six marker on why resistance increases as heat increases. But yeah, RCCB's is highly unlikely and yeah, the discovery of the atom is a very likely question to come up.

I have a feeling discovery of nucleus will come up, take my word for it. :cool:
There is a possibility of anything coming up! So many six mark topics! I forgot about the plum & pudding model, RCCB's, Filament bulb, a very large variety!

Is there really that much on the plum pudding model? The textbook only has a tiny paragraph :s-smilie:
Original post by stripeyghost
Is there really that much on the plum pudding model? The textbook only has a tiny paragraph :s-smilie:

Not on the plum pudding but on marsdens alpha particle experiment there is!
Hmmm. Many good ideas for the 6 marker. Anything could come up really. If the Rutherford experiment did come up, how would you qrite it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats ridiculous it was one the May 12 paper I think and it was only 3 marks there isn't much really to talk about:as the temperature increases heat is transferred to the positively charged ions, which make them vibrate faster and this means that they collide more often with the electrons in the metal providing a larger resistance to the electrons carrying the current how could I develop this?
Original post by Dalek1099
The thing is how would that fit into a 6 marker- I can understand 3 marks x feature increases the time taken for the collision to take place reducing the rate of change of momentum and thus reducing the force exerted on a person during a collision and thus preventing injuries and this response would be extremely repetitive for other features but energy changes might have to be included eg.car distortion zones increase the time taken for kinetic energy to convert into heat energy, which occurs when a car crashes as friction is occurs between the tyres and the road as work is done, reducing the chances of fires and thus reducing the chance of injuries.

The six marker is not based on any single fact, it is the Quality of written communication, there's definitely enough to wirte about car safety and they may even give you information like in the chemistry...
Just an idea for the 6 marker, but car safety could be a possibility. Seems like the sort of thing they'd do?
Original post by MajorRisk
The six marker is not based on any single fact, it is the Quality of written communication, there's definitely enough to wirte about car safety and they may even give you information like in the chemistry...

If it's like the chemistry, i'll love it!

There's an edit button for that kinda stuff :wink:
Reply 152
Original post by Jackwtaylor
I can't think of many points on that... RCCB quicker and easier to reset, but possibly more expensive originally. Fuses do the job but can be slower and costly to get the fuse repaired. Both prevent harm to appliance & user. What else?

Could be how it works as well along with ads and disads
Looking through the electrical issues section, something like the chemistry but on lightbulbs is possible, although i have a feeling i've seen one like that before
Original post by MajorRisk
There's an edit button for that kinda stuff :wink:

I know. I couldn't be asked . On the phone it is so much easier to reply than edit... :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Dalek1099
Thats ridiculous it was one the May 12 paper I think and it was only 3 marks there isn't much really to talk about:as the temperature increases heat is transferred to the positively charged ions, which make them vibrate faster and this means that they collide more often with the electrons in the metal providing a larger resistance to the electrons carrying the current how could I develop this?

Chill. Its just an idea.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 156
Original post by stripeyghost

I meant in relation to the atomic model and Rutherford's research, sorry for any confusion!
Should be easy tomorrow - done 5 out of 6 exams this month and I can't wait to get them over and done with
Explain how alpha and beta radiations are deflected by an electric field but gamma radiation is not (4 marks)
Can somebody just give a quick answer on 'the life of stars' and how stars are formed...

Latest

Trending

Trending