The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IsaacIIV
If the AQA Spec. says anywhere on it that gravity is a force than that's good and you'll probably get the mark.

having just looked, the only mention os it is :

An object falling through a fluid will initially acceleratedue to the force of gravity. Eventually the resultantforce will be zero and the object will move at itsterminal velocity (steady speed).

which says force of gravity, not sure now? still doubt it, but at the end of the day, it's only 1 mark

I meant the textbook explanations -_- sorry haha I'm sure the likeliness is that they will except both at least in the "extra guidance" section of the markscheme! It's the first question which is 'standard demand' so I would be surprised if it didn't come up as an option!
Reply 561
alright, i'm making a mark scheme : what were the questions from question 1?
Hey everyone, sat the exam today. To be honest, not as bad as I thought it was going to be. I also found it was quite short. I did make some silly mistakes though.
People 1.66666667 to 2.s.f??? im scared im wrong i put 1.7
Original post by alex_aits
i meant the textbook explanations -_- sorry haha i'm sure the likeliness is that they will except both at least in the "extra guidance" section of the markscheme! It's the first question which is 'standard demand' so i would be surprised if it didn't come up as an option!

for god sake it was gravity you don't need go argue for an hour about it.
Reply 565
Original post by UsmanTahir
People 1.66666667 to 2.s.f??? im scared im wrong i put 1.7

that;s correct
1.7 is right
lol
that;s correct

:biggrin: thanks alot now i cn happily sleep knowing i have got minimum 40 marks :smile:
Reply 569
alright, i'm making a mark scheme : what were the questions from question 1?

1st question was something along the lines of what force makes the oil drops to fall on the ground? :/
The motion between A-B Explain-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 570
For the other factor that affects braking distance I put the conditions of the brakes- if they are worn then they will apply less force, is this correct?
Reply 571
Original post by Jennym5
For the other factor that affects braking distance I put the conditions of the brakes- if they are worn then they will apply less force, is this correct?

debatably that's the one they gave you, other include speed, weather and road surface
If the AQA Spec. says anywhere on it that gravity is a force than that's good and you'll probably get the mark.

having just looked, the only mention os it is :

An object falling through a fluid will initially acceleratedue to the force of gravity. Eventually the resultantforce will be zero and the object will move at itsterminal velocity (steady speed).

which says force of gravity, not sure now? still doubt it, but at the end of the day, it's only 1 mark

Yes it accelerates due to the force of gravity but weight is the actual force that is caused by the force of gravity pulling down on someone's mass-I know its very confusing but weight is the generally accepted one I think.
Reply 573
debatably that's the one they gave you, other include speed, weather and road surface

I put thinking distance. Would that be accepted?
Reply 574

Oh right do you know exactly what the question was?
Original post by Sh4hid96

Awh thats what I put down at first too! But I think it specifically meant another factor affecting braking distance so I wrote surface of the road e.g icy conditions

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 576
For the question which asked what factor affects the braking distance, if you wrote "Weather conditions (e.g. snow)" would that get a mark or should I have not included the example?
Original post by Jennym5

You might get the mark- it probably depends on what other people have put, from what I've heard whether you'd get the mark because braking force is the power of the brakes and brake condition is different to that.
Original post by Sh4hid96

No.
Thinking distance and breaking distance are 2 totally different things.
Original post by Rohan97
For the question which asked what factor affects the braking distance, if you wrote "Weather conditions (e.g. snow)" would that get a mark or should I have not included the example?

I said wet road conditions and I would imagine weather conditions eg.snow should count-I was debating whether you were meant to give an example or not.

Latest

Trending

Trending