The Student Room Group

A-Level French-La Haine

Hey guys! (Directed to anyone who's doing/did A-Level French!)

I'm studying the film La Haine in French (Exam board: WJEC) and we have to write an exposee,basically for our oral,on it!
My theme is "La Rebellion",and I'm just wondering if anyone has any ideas/any website I can get something useful from?? :s-smilie:

For e.g I'm gonna have my main intro,then 3 main paragraphs and a conclusion.
I was thinking of doing my first parag. on who rebels against who and for what reasons.
Second on active and passive rebellion i.e violence and their violent thoughts.
Not too sure bout the third paragraph..

Any help will be appreciated!
Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
[video="youtube;oewRadlyrHo"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oewRadlyrHo[/video]
Reply 2
Our teachers recommend that your exposé should be about 400 words in length - it's meant to last around four minutes, right? 400 words isn't a huge amount, maybe you could make "who rebels against who" and "for what reasons do they rebel" separate paragraphs? La Haine has plenty of examples of people (Vinz and Said) rebelling against the establishment (the police); I'm sure you could flesh it out sufficiently.
Reply 3
Original post by wrexhamfc
Our teachers recommend that your exposé should be about 400 words in length - it's meant to last around four minutes, right? 400 words isn't a huge amount, maybe you could make "who rebels against who" and "for what reasons do they rebel" separate paragraphs? La Haine has plenty of examples of people (Vinz and Said) rebelling against the establishment (the police); I'm sure you could flesh it out sufficiently.

Hmm,your right about the first part,but my teacher said something different!
But thanks anyway :smile:
Ohh and have you got any websites I can get ideas from??
What did you do yours on,if you don't mind me asking? :h:
Reply 4
Original post by Varsh05
Hmm,your right about the first part,but my teacher said something different!
But thanks anyway :smile:
Ohh and have you got any websites I can get ideas from??
What did you do yours on,if you don't mind me asking? :h:

I can't recommend websites, sorry - I haven't found any :redface: Mine was done on the importance of respect and it needs to be trimmed quite severely - 800 words (so basically the length of two exposés) :colondollar:
Reply 5
I can't recommend websites, sorry - I haven't found any :redface: Mine was done on the importance of respect and it needs to be trimmed quite severely - 800 words (so basically the length of two exposés) :colondollar:

Ohh wow lol!
That must've been an A4 page,double-sided,right???
When is your oral???
Your doing the same board as me,right?
Reply 6
Yep, I'm on WJEC. Mine came out to just over one side of A4 and I for the life of me cannot make it any shorter. We haven't got the date for our exam yet though.
Reply 7
Yep, I'm on WJEC. Mine came out to just over one side of A4 and I for the life of me cannot make it any shorter. We haven't got the date for our exam yet though.

Does your teacher mark it for you? i.e you have drafts don't you??
Oh really?
The examiner emailed my teacher saying ours is gonna be on the 22nd of April!
What's an exposé?:colondollar:
Reply 9
Original post by L'Evil Fish
What's an exposé?:colondollar:

So far as I can tell, a fancy word for "oral presentation".
So far as I can tell, a fancy word for "oral presentation".

Oh I see :rolleyes: :lol:

Thanks.
Does anyone have any good websites for La Haine, as I have my mock coming up soon (WJEC aswel) and know very little about symbolism :/
Reply 12
Hi! I have my oral next week and am also studying la haine, my exposé is about whether la haine is an 'anti-flic' film. Very nervous!

Posted from TSR Mobile
hello I know this is an old thread but I was wondering if anyone has got la haine essays or discursive essays that I could use as revision???
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending