The Student Room Group

accused of rape

I have been arrested on for suspicion of rape from my house.

i tell you all the story, I was driving with my mate when he saw this girl (X). he start talking to her very friendly and she get in the rear seat of the car. i was the driver of the car.

i drove for a bit when she said, she cant go home till next day but i have to be home in 1 hour so i was driving back where we met her to drop her off. on the way, i pulled my car up in front of some houses ( public area). i went for a toilet and had cig and my friend had a cig too

while driving, he jumped in the back seat and they both were snogging like they knew each other for over 25 mins.

after cig and toilet, i get in my seat and she said to my friend that i am not doing it with out condom and he asked me, if i have to. i said i have it but it is old and might be expired. she said, as long as it not ripped, she don't mind. (there were in the back snogging all the time)

i gave a condom to the girl because she got her hand out to take it.

i was outside for 8 - 10 mins when she get out from the car and she was very angry, she slams the car door and walked away. i asked her, what happened but she didnt reply.

i asked my friend and he forced me to drive the car. my friend told me, she is under age and if cops saw him snogging her, he would get in trouble, as he didn't know how old she was. all the time, i was thinking they both know each other.

i dropped him off and i came back home.

few days later police arrested me and she said, she has been raped by my friend, who was a passenger. she describes our faces. she did not say that the driver raped her. she told polce after half an hour of the incident so they might take took her clothes and body test for finger prints and DNA

police asked me i told them the truth but i also told them, they did not has sex because i was outside the car and i did not see the car moving like shaking and did not hear screaming.

she have no bruises, no scratches and car clothes are not ripped.

my friend told the poilce that he was not with me. as they girl said, my friend raped her. i had nothing to do with the rape, i didnt even touch her clothes.

poilce took my results ( finger prints and initmate prints) and the girl and friend results too.

i am 100% sure, my results will not match with her but i dont know if his results match with her or not.

i did not touch her or anything, didnt even sit with her. she told the cops that, only passenger spoke to her and he raped her.

i am recently finished my uni and seeking for a job but they holding my passport so can't get a job with out my passport.

please help me and suggest me what to do and what will can happen next? i was arrested last year in august and been bailed 4 times, i m going to answer bail on 13th.

they can't charge me with rape or any sexual activity because, i didn't touch her and i wasn't interested in her at all.

Scroll to see replies

I'm struggling with a couple of things, Firstly, you can get a job without a Passport.

Secondly, why have the police arrested and charged you (then bailed you 4 times) when they have nothing to base this on? I.e. your DNA doesn't match hers. I feel you're not letting on everything about this situation here.

Also - what are you hoping to achieve out of this thread?
If a rape did actually occur you can be tried for exactly the same offence as an accomplice. This means that if you are found to have 'aided, abetted, counselled or procured' your friend to commit a rape then you can be convicted of rape yourself.

Just because the girl didn't protest doesn't mean she wasn't raped, as long as she wasn't consenting and your friend didn't reasonably believe that she was then he can be convicted of rape.

Other than that, I don't want to make any further judgement before any of this goes to court, and as the poster above says - what are you seeking to achieve? If you truly had nothing to do with it and had no idea that your friend was going to do this then you should be acquitted.
Reply 3
i am not thinking to achieve anything just peoples comments and if they know law, and think what could happen in these kind of cases. as i am applying for masters in engineering, really don't want my life to get ruined for something i didn't commit.

i am not charged yet, i am only been accused of rape. police still doing investigation since 8 months and i believe have not found anything solid against me otherwise i would have get charged by now.

the other guy said, he didn't rape her. she didn't even touch her bottom. but he was kissing her and touching her chest. and she gave him a blowjob but over condom and he chucked the condom away very far when i drove off.

his sol, asked him where did he through the condom and he said, far away and she said well that's fine

last time i got bailed on 15th dec, police said, they send our phones for forensic research, don't know what they looking from my phone as i don't know the girl and never spoke to her so they won't find anything in my phone regarding her.
If the story happened as you've told it, you'd be an absolute idiot to get convicted of anything. Get yourself a decent lawyer and get this sorted out once and for all. I honestly don't see how you can be arrested for the same thing 4 times. If they arrest you for something and don't have enough evidence to prosecute, I thought they couldn't re-arrest you for the same thing, perhaps only if new evidence came to light. Seriously, just get yourself a lawyer, it may be costly but you'll regret it forever if you get convicted for something you didn't do.
If you're as innocent as you say you are then they're going to drop all charges and give you your passport back.
Reply 6
You're an idiot. Your friends an idiot. The girl's an idiot.
Original post by Anonymous

police asked me i told them the truth but i also told them, they did not has sex because i was outside the car and i did not see the car moving like shaking and did not hear screaming.

You do know that that's not how you judge whether there was any sex going on, right?

If they had sex and she was underage then it is legally considered rape regardless of whether she consented or not.
Reply 8
Original post by The_Last_Melon
If you're as innocent as you say you are then they're going to drop all charges and give you your passport back.

i am going to answer my bail on next week to find out what is going to happen. this is 100% sure that the other guy did not had sex with the girl hence she was underage and no one knows. as he finds out, he told her to get off.

police have taken this case as two cases, in my case, i didn't anything at all. so i hope charges will get dropped.

i do have a duty solicitor present and spoke to him few weeks ago, he goes eventually it will be " no further action " but as i can't trust UK law, anything can happen.
Reply 9
Original post by Dragonfly07
You do know that that's not how you judge whether there was any sex going on, right?

If they had sex and she was underage then it is legally considered rape regardless of whether she consented or not.

i knw they didn't had sex because i was outside for 8 - 10 mins, if sitting in back seats, it take more time to take off clothes and put back on. so 100% sure, sex didn't happen. i spoke to the guy, he said, i didn't have sex with her.

the girl was angry when she walked off, so she might have took revenge but yeah, they both were kissing and touching.
Newsflash: a blowjob is sex.

and if this girl is underage as you say - then legally she can't consent to anything. This is called statutory rape up here in Scotland. I don't get why you're saying things like "I thought he knew her" etc - this is clearly lies.

The moral of the story: don't pick up random little girls while you're out driving :wink:

That's incorrect, statuatory rape only applies for under 13s.

It's a scary situation with the law as it is. There was a crazy girl in my halls, and she moved, and was telling people that a group of us had forcibly performed a sex act on her. I don't think anyone really believed her, but if she'd gone to the police we could have got done, got in the newspapers... scary stuff.
Reply 12
Women who lie about being raped should be imprisoned the same time as if a guy raped someone IMO... It's just evil and heartless to make up.
Original post by Anonymous
i am going to answer my bail on next week to find out what is going to happen. this is 100% sure that the other guy did not had sex with the girl hence she was underage and no one knows. as he finds out, he told her to get off.

police have taken this case as two cases, in my case, i didn't anything at all. so i hope charges will get dropped.

i do have a duty solicitor present and spoke to him few weeks ago, he goes eventually it will be " no further action " but as i can't trust UK law, anything can happen.

what's your problem with them? i tend to associate distrust of the police with criminality.
Reply 14

No it isn't.
Original post by Converse
No it isn't.

It is if she's underage. At least, in Scotland it is.
Presumably you are 21 plus if you are applying for a masters. How old is this girl?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also you said he told her to get off when found out how old she was..how can he find out if she was performing a sex act on him..

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by sarah_22_16
Presumably you are 21 plus if you are applying for a masters. How old is this girl?

Posted from TSR Mobile

she is 15.
I don't the girl, i didn't even ask her name. it was my friend and her, was talking and kissing and that.
Reply 19
Original post by pmc:producer
Newsflash: a blowjob is sex.

and if this girl is underage as you say - then legally she can't consent to anything. This is called statutory rape up here in Scotland. I don't get why you're saying things like "I thought he knew her" etc - this is clearly lies.

The moral of the story: don't pick up random little girls while you're out driving :wink:

but she never told her age before. there is no way i can tell she was 15, as she was taller and jumped from the railing which is only a taller person can do that.

friend was talking to her and they both seems good and like they know each other, come on, you can't start snogging a person if you don't know

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending