The Student Room Group

A german girl has joined! (:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Caducity

There they say pretty often "She don't" or "She tell" I'm a bit confused about this. We learned, the s has to go EVERY time with he, she or it.
Is that right or do you say it sometimes without?
Willkommen!

Sagen Sie immer ,,She doesn't>> oder <<she tells>>. Die Andere sind entweder Dialekt oder umgangssprachliche Sprache. (Einige sagen Dialekt, einige sagen nur umgangssprachlich, und noch andere sagen etwas sonst!)

Sagen Sie einfach nie <<she don't>> u.s.w., außer wenn vielleicht Sie sich anpassen will, waehrend Sie unter einigen Gruppen oder in einem Dialektraum von England sind. Aber das ist gefaehrlich, denn man kann bei jemandem Ärgernis erregen. :eek: Es ist leichter Standardenglisch zu sprechen! :biggrin:

Es tut mir leid. Ich spreche Deutsch nicht so gut.

Always say "she doesn't" or "she tells". The alternatives are either dialect or colloquial speech. (Some people call it dialect, some call it colloquial, and still other people call it something else.

Simply never say "she don't" etc, unless perhaps you want to fit into a particular group of people or into a dialect area of England. But that is risky because you could offend someone. :eek: It is easier to speak standard English.:biggrin:

Sorry. I don't speak German very well!
Original post by Ronove
:rofl2:

Caducity - don't worry about trolls like this guy. In my experience Germans seem to still be quite embarrassed about the whole WWII thing but you shouldn't be, we really couldn't give a crap about it (and rightly so). Don't let idiots like edwinemanuelposse make you think British people still hold a grudge against Germans. :smile:

Ich würde dich eigentlich gerne auf Deutsch ansprechen aber ich lerne seit letztem Jahr ganz intensiv Dänisch und ich finds jetzt ganz schwierig, fliessendes Deutsch zu sprechen. Ich wohnte sechs Monate in dem südlichen Schleswig-Holstein im Schuljahr 2010-2011 und schaute mir einmal Niedersachsen von der anderen Seite der Elbe an. :smile:

Ha i am not really a troll, i as just making a joke, i AM German, my dad was one, and i as brought up in Holland wich hates Germans often for WOII,... sorry .... edwin
Reply 42
I love how everybody is speaking German to her even tho she expressly said she wanted to improve her English :tongue:

Anyway, welcome to TSR =)
Original post by edwinemanuelposse
Ha i am not really a troll, i as just making a joke, i AM German, my dad was one, and i as brought up in Holland wich hates Germans often for WOII,... sorry .... edwin

Dutch people do not hate in general. We're smart enough to know that almost all nazis are now dead and that Germans do not support what they did.

I for one very much admire Germans. :smile:
Original post by Zürich
Dutch people do not hate in general. We're smart enough to know that almost all nazis are now dead and that Germans do not support what they did.

I for one very much admire Germans. :smile:

well i have german blood hey, so i dont hate germans al well, but for example my litle ( also part german ) nephew was brought up in a city that was bombarded in 1940 by germans, Rotterdam Holland, and i had pretty much trouble when he was 14 years old to convince him he shouldnt hate germans hey....
Original post by Ras17
I love how everybody is speaking German to her even tho she expressly said she wanted to improve her English :tongue:

Thats because they wanne make out with her hahaha ,, ( das its umdas sie liebe wunschen von das madchen )
The war isn't important to anyone half-way sensible in Britain today, but... However, before you get the idea that we're nice over here :wink:, it should be mentioned that many England football fans are terrified of penalty shoot-outs if England plays Germany in matches!

^this is intended as a light-hearted post.
The German goalkeeper in the 1996 European Cup was awesome by the way. While we're on the subject. He saved a goal by punching the ball. I can't remember which match, though.
Reply 48
edwinemanuelposse
Are u still ashamed of what ur ancestors did to England? Hitler and so?

Well, I haven't killed anyone. I like people, other countries, I'm not filled with hate. So I don't see any reason in going to kiss anyone's feet and say sorry for the past. We are another generation, we just know the things we get in history lessons, from the TV and some books.
I can't call Hitler a human. He is...dunno words for 'it'
So you see, I'm no Nazi or something like that.
I haven't killed anyone, I just was born in Germany. So do you think I'm guilty in anyway?

Okay have read your other posts. Hate the people who killed other people (if the hate doesn't destory yourself..) but don't hate the people who just grew up in the same country.
You have to know that the most of us hate Hitler too.
I'm on a art portal and there are some Hitler fans. They live in America. I was so shocked! I tried to explain them, why humans NEVER could be a fan of Hitler.

Bonoahx

Guten tag... Achtung! Ich bin nein gut Deutsch... oh dear...

Yeah, hi, welcome, bienvenue, j'etudie Francais plutot, desole !

Je parle le francais aussi (=
I had it for 2 yeas in school, but know I've got spanish, so I try to forget the french in my head. It is very confusing. In every test in spanish I write a french word...or more ;D

Ronove
. Ich wohnte sechs Monate in dem südlichen Schleswig-Holstein im Schuljahr 2010-2011 und schaute mir einmal Niedersachsen von der anderen Seite der Elbe an.

Oh that's nice! And your german is very good. Is danish hard to learn?
And do you like Germany? Is the weather like it is in UK? I think, this year it is very special. One day it is sunny here with 20 degrees Celsius and next day we've got -2 degrees Celsius and everywhere is snow O:

Octopus_garden]Es ist leichter Standardenglisch zu sprechen!

Okay that's good! I think it is easier to speak the english we learn in school. But sometimes I mix up american english and british english.

Octopus_Garden
The war isn't important to anyone half-way sensible in Britain today, but... However, before you get the idea that we're nice over here :wink:, it should be mentioned that many England football fans are terrified of penalty shoot-outs if England plays Germany in matches!

^this is intended as a light-hearted post.

xDDDD Well football isn't my subject...but I've seen a good movie (or film. What do you say in UK?) "Der ganz große Traum". It's a german one but it plays in England and shows how the football arised. Dunno wheter It is translated into english but I can recommend it! It's heart touching.

Ras17

Haha yes xD I know it from the german forums. It's like a sensation when an english speaking user joins. He says it's to improve his german. And everybody of us speaks english to him because we want wo improve our language quality too XD

German girls are the most pretty woman of the world, u hear often, because the german woman are the most free in mind....and have the most self asteme...i believe andy warhole said this or Bowie or Lou Reed,,, i do agree a bit with this, and i like german girls very much for this reason , how do u think of this??
Reply 50
Thats because they wanne make out with her hahaha ,, ( das its umdas sie liebe wunschen von das madchen )

Please don't try to speak German again. :s-smilie:
Reply 51
Oh that's nice! And your german is very good. Is danish hard to learn?
And do you like Germany? Is the weather like it is in UK? I think, this year it is very special. One day it is sunny here with 20 degrees Celsius and next day we've got -2 degrees Celsius and everywhere is snow O:

I didn't greatly enjoy my time in Germany, though I spent another few months in Berlin and I always love that city. Danish is pretty hard, yes. :frown:
I was in Schleswig-Holstein when the winter was the absolute worst it had been in ages, everywhere, so I can't really compare. I live in Denmark now and it's been freaking awful lately, bitterly cold and gales of icy wind! Apparently it's -2 degrees right now but it's been much worse with the cold wind in the last week or so! :eek:
How do you view Turkish people?
Original post by Ronove
Please don't try to speak German again. :s-smilie:

as i said before, my dad was german, but i was brought up in Holland.. so i only speak like 10 words german, but my DNA is 100% German....
Germany? Boring? Nonsense!

You have excellent meat and exceptional beer. Just wait til you're old enough to drink.
Reply 55
Original post by mikeyd85
Germany? Boring? Nonsense!

You have excellent meat and exceptional beer. Just wait til you're old enough to drink.

No and not so much. Though I do find it hard to resist a Flensburger. They seem to drink a reasonable amount of Pilsner Urquell, which is good, but not German.

Je parle le francais aussi (=
I had it for 2 yeas in school, but know I've got spanish, so I try to forget the french in my head. It is very confusing. In every test in spanish I write a french word...or more ;D

Haha, I remember my Dad telling me he learnt French and Spanish, and he kept on writing French in Spanish. I can imagine the look on the teacher's face.

German girls are the most pretty woman of the world, u hear often, because the german woman are the most free in mind....and have the most self asteme...i believe andy warhole said this or Bowie or Lou Reed,,, i do agree a bit with this, and i like german girls very much for this reason , how do u think of this??

You must be fun at parties. Can't you just leave your strange questions for another day?
Reply 57
edwinemanuelposse

Well...I don't think about crap like this :'D There are more important things in the world than which country has got the most beautiful girs...it's also a very subjectiv point.

Ronove
I was in Schleswig-Holstein when the winter was the absolute worst it had been in ages, everywhere, so I can't really compare. I live in Denmark now and it's been freaking awful lately, bitterly cold and gales of icy wind! Apparently it's -2 degrees right now but it's been much worse with the cold wind in the last week or so!

Oh gosh. I want to have summer now .w.
I actually like the winter. I like every season. But it is...enough. Sun has to come xD

IWantSomeMushu
How do you view Turkish people?

Neutral. The best friend of my dad is turkish. And a good friend of me is that too. But I dislike when turkish people (of course every other people) don't respect german right. i'm german ti 100 percent I get EVER told to be nice to the others and give extra positiv attention to migrants. But then there comes the migrants and behave like sh*t. Destroy things and so on. Or in general they don't respect our law. If they want to kill there woman because they don't want to have a bandana - not in Germany.
And if they go ballistic because we don't have a bandana or belive in the Koran - I only can shake my head.
Everyboday has to respect the others.
So I respect the turkish people but I expect that they respect us to. And maybe a little more. I don't have to follow the turkish law, but they have to follow the german, because they live in Germany.
But this is for every people, not only for the turkish.
Why do you ask? o:

mikeyd85

Yeah I'm a vegetarian xD And beer...in Germany it's normal that kids start with alcohol when there are about 12. Some earlier, some later.
I tasted varied alcohol drinks (but I never get drunken or something like this xD I know my limit. Never drunk more than one or two galsses). But I don't like it. Beer is...I only have to smell it to get sick xD
I just like the mix drinks, like Vodka with Red Bull, Alcopops or coctails.
But I know that they are very dangerous so I do not drink them often.
At parties we usually drink sparkling wine but I only like a few special sparkling wine.

Bonoahx
I can imagine the look on the teacher's face.

I think my spanish teacher is pissed of that xD
But in next grade I will get a teacher who speaks french and spanish.
Maybe she is more appreciative. (:
Neutral. The best friend of my dad is turkish. And a good friend of me is that too. But I dislike when turkish people (of course every other people) don't respect german right. i'm german ti 100 percent I get EVER told to be nice to the others and give extra positiv attention to migrants. But then there comes the migrants and behave like sh*t. Destroy things and so on. Or in general they don't respect our law. If they want to kill there woman because they don't want to have a bandana - not in Germany.
And if they go ballistic because we don't have a bandana or belive in the Koran - I only can shake my head.
Everyboday has to respect the others.
So I respect the turkish people but I expect that they respect us to. And maybe a little more. I don't have to follow the turkish law, but they have to follow the german, because they live in Germany.
But this is for every people, not only for the turkish.
Why do you ask? o:

I ask because there seems to be a stereotype that some Germans do not like Turks and I just wanted the opinion of a native.
Well...I don't think about crap like this :'D There are more important things in the world than which country has got the most beautiful girs...it's also a very subjectiv point.

(:

Nonsense. a person CAN have a favourite race, when it comes to desire ans love,,, personally for example i prefer Asians above Arabs...

Quick Reply

Latest