The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sir Killalot
I'd love Pollard to go to the AFC East. Just not the Patriots :biggrin:
To be fair I think he was one of the most underrated players in our team last season.
From what I've read, the only reason he was cut was because he had a few disagreements with Coach Harbaugh this year.

Apparently he was part of the squad that "rebelled" against Harbaugh. I just don't want him injuring any more of our players haha
Patriots are allowed to pursue an extra 2.5m cap space because one of the players they signed last year failed a test but he never told the team about his medication or something along the lines of that.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000150822/article/decision-reached-in-jonathan-fanene-hearing
Patriots have supposedly offered a first round this year a second next year and a mid depending on performances for Darrelle Revis. This is what the Jets wanted from the Buca so what do they do now. If they keep Revis he's free to walk next year for nothing and if they don't trade by Sunday it'l cost them 1 million.

Apparently they want access to Revis's knee records...

It's unlikely to happen but if it goes tthrough the first thing I'm doing is getting me a Revis jersey.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5463
Original post by Malevolent
Patriots have supposedly offered a first round this year a second next year and a mid depending on performances for Darrelle Revis. This is what the Jets wanted from the Buca so what do they do now. If they keep Revis he's free to walk next year for nothing and if they don't trade by Sunday it'l cost them 1 million.

It's unlikely to happen but if it goes tthrough the first thing I'm doing is getting me a Revis jersey.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brady and Revis in the same team, think of all those beautiful PI calls we will and won't be getting :ninja:

:laugh:
I'm seriously hoping it happens alit of Cbs got signed today so Bill better hurry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wes Welker nothing but classy in his speech about us. Gonna miss the guy ffs. Good luck to him but not when we play each other :tongue: :cry:

We have signed Leon Washington that's an upgrade to our kick returns already. Interested to see how Bill utilizes him in our offense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5466

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bucs 1st and 2nd is worth significantly less than Pats 1st and 2nd though.
Then of course you always have to bump up the price for a divisional rival.

Washington is a good signing, though I'd be surprised if he contributed much outside of the return game, only ever came in to give Lynch a breather, and rarely did much (outside of the Cardinals blowout where he popped off a few decent runs against a team that just wanted to go home)
Yeah. Honestly if it happened I wouldmy be shocked but it would still be awesome. Question is he's coming back from an ACL injury wants to be paid mega bucks. Is it worth it.

Eagles sign barwin from the Texans. Chiefs also got Sean smith so their back field is looking pretty damn good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5468
Michael Bennett signs with the Seahawks (1 yr. 5 million).
In addition to the Cliff Avril signing earlier today all of a sudden the Seahawks greatest weakness (D-Line) is looking like one of their biggest strengths
Seriously Christ thats insane thats who I wanted the patriots to get...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5470
This is making me very tempted to take the Seahawks at 12/1 for the Superbowl :lol:
Original post by R-KAM
This is making me very tempted to take the Seahawks at 12/1 for the Superbowl :lol:

Id definitely put money on them this season. They managed ti build up a very strong squad. Having a rookie qb who costs only 900k against the cap will do that. Question is what happens when all these young players are done with the rookie contract. Their in a win now for 2 years before I think they have to make some cuts. 13 million from last year also helps :tongue:

Now the patriots? God knows what's going on we're just hording all the cash haha. Adrian Wilson and john Abraham visiting today both should be pretty cheap.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5472
Cross that bridge when you come to it, securing young players on bargain deals like Bennett for 5m and Avril for 15m over 2 years shows that players are happy to take a little less in order to join a team they really believe is a contender - and it helps that Carroll has built up a "player-friendly" image - cutting Washington is a perfect example, Washington claimed that Tampa Bay offered a draft pick but the Seahawks cut Washington to allow him to choose his own destination.

It's likely that the pick offered was immaterial (probably a 7th or even conditional based on performance), but treating players like that doesn't go unnoticed.

Still, there's no point avoiding signing players because you anticipate not being able to pay others in 2-3 years time. All it takes is (god-forbid) a career ending injury to Russell Wilson to make you look foolish for not taking a punt on Percy Harvin, for example.
Reply 5473
Id definitely put money on them this season. They managed ti build up a very strong squad. Having a rookie qb who costs only 900k against the cap will do that. Question is what happens when all these young players are done with the rookie contract. Their in a win now for 2 years before I think they have to make some cuts. 13 million from last year also helps :tongue:

Now the patriots? God knows what's going on we're just hording all the cash haha. Adrian Wilson and john Abraham visiting today both should be pretty cheap.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, it certainly does. Got two shots at the superbowl before Wilson will be demanding big money, and rightfully so! Will need to remember to stick a tenner e/w on them soon!

We really are… Got to start making some big FA plays. Although that’s just not the Patriot way eh? :tongue: I have faith in the long run, just right now I’m a bit :colonhash: haha.
Original post by R-KAM
Yeah, it certainly does. Got two shots at the superbowl before Wilson will be demanding big money, and rightfully so! Will need to remember to stick a tenner e/w on them soon!

We really are… Got to start making some big FA plays. Although that’s just not the Patriot way eh? :tongue: I have faith in the long run, just right now I’m a bit :colonhash: haha.

I had a mini break down about what was happening last night freaked out thinking we're screwed. But seriously i would like to see more progress because we have some massive holes at CB and WR yet we are doing nothing so far. We let quite a few players go. I really wanted Bennett and for 5m ? Thats a freaking steal which we should have been all over.

Seahawks, 49ers Bronco's all look like a good bet for that Superbowl.
Reply 5475
I had a mini break down about what was happening last night freaked out thinking we're screwed. But seriously i would like to see more progress because we have some massive holes at CB and WR yet we are doing nothing so far. We let quite a few players go. I really wanted Bennett and for 5m ? Thats a freaking steal which we should have been all over.

Seahawks, 49ers Bronco's all look like a good bet for that Superbowl.

I know what you mean, I'm tempted to just stop reading the news, it just hurts doesn't it. :sad:

Just imagine Brady had the targets Manning has got out wide. Plus our TEs ofc :zomg:

Keep the faith :jebus:
Original post by R-KAM
I know what you mean, I'm tempted to just stop reading the news, it just hurts doesn't it. :sad:

Just imagine Brady had the targets Manning has got out wide. Plus our TEs ofc :zomg:

Keep the faith :jebus:

We've become those damn Colts Manning played under so damn dink and dunky. We need to shore up the defense to what it was when we won the Superbowl.

Man only thing that could make me happy is Jennings signing with Talib, Vollmer and Asomugha following.
Reply 5477
We've become those damn Colts Manning played under so damn dink and dunky. We need to shore up the defense to what it was when we won the Superbowl.

Man only thing that could make me happy is Jennings signing with Talib, Vollmer and Asomugha following.

We really do, we know the offence is going to smash up the points, just need a tougher D for them post-season games. :lol:

Talib would be a lovely resigning. Can't see us getting Jennings really... Asomugha appears to be in serious talks with the 9ers. Along with Woodson.
Original post by R-KAM
We really do, we know the offence is going to smash up the points, just need a tougher D for them post-season games. :lol:

Talib would be a lovely resigning. Can't see us getting Jennings really... Asomugha appears to be in serious talks with the 9ers. Along with Woodson.

Even if we resign Talib we still need 2 more CB. Dennard could be in the doghouse, Arrington is a FA and i do not want him anywhere near our team playing Corner. Glass I Dowling is just going to get hurt again putting on his gear. We have pretty glaring holes in a few spots.

WR wise we are in deep doo doo. In a perfect world we would get Danario Alexander, Darius Heyward Bey and Edelman signed but knowing BB we're probably going to sign some cheap players. We are in a do or die sort of mode like the Bronco's and the Seahawks. They have loaded up their roster with the aim of winning in the next year or two then their going to have to cut. We face that same situation with Brady getting no younger. Instead of surrounding him with proven talent hes going to have to develop a relationship with his receivers again like 2006.

I think this is the most annoyed I've been maybe I'm overreacting but right now we are doing everything wrong. Hate how Welker was handled as well seeing him with the Bronco's is just depressing.

Funny thing about our defense. In both Superbowls they did enough they kept the game relatively low scoring yet our supposed juggernaut of an offense couldn't put more then 20 up.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5479
Even if we resign Talib we still need 2 more CB. Dennard could be in the doghouse, Arrington is a FA and i do not want him anywhere near our team playing Corner. Glass I Dowling is just going to get hurt again putting on his gear. We have pretty glaring holes in a few spots.

WR wise we are in deep doo doo. In a perfect world we would get Danario Alexander, Darius Heyward Bey and Edelman signed but knowing BB we're probably going to sign some cheap players. We are in a do or die sort of mode like the Bronco's and the Seahawks. They have loaded up their roster with the aim of winning in the next year or two then their going to have to cut. We face that same situation with Brady getting no younger. Instead of surrounding him with proven talent hes going to have to develop a relationship with his receivers again like 2006.

I think this is the most annoyed I've been maybe I'm overreacting but right now we are doing everything wrong. Hate how Welker was handled as well seeing him with the Bronco's is just depressing.

Funny thing about our defense. In both Superbowls they did enough they kept the game relatively low scoring yet our supposed juggernaut of an offense couldn't put more then 20 up.

Talib is a must really. Knows a bit about the team and a good player when the head is screwed. As you say, rest of the secondary does need improved still.

It's bloody annoying, we have Brady, who is taking less $$$ than he's due for one, and we still not complimenting him with a PHWOAR offence. It's really quite ridiculous. (BB probably gambling on our TEs being fit all season... :rofl2:)

Nah, it's perfectly reasonable, we've just gave away one of the leagues best receivers over the last 6 years. We've replaced him with a potential injury risk, who does have the talent, but yet to prove durability sadly.

Hahah true, although our offence wasn't exactly a juggernaut back then was it? Not compared to what it could be now I think anyway.

Given the option, one or the other, would you rather splash on the defence or splash on an offence to supplement Brady? :holmes:

Latest