The Student Room Group
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website

City Univeristy London - Journalism Thread 2013

Hi there, it's been quite difficult communicating with fellow journalism applicants, so I hope this thread allows people to voice any concerns they have or maybe tell us of any offers they have received.

I had my interview today and it went well. Now the torturous waiting process begins. :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
TaylorGang-4,

Where there any other entry requirements, eg. A Portfolio or mood board?

Thank You Sam.
College Building - City, University of London
City University
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Sammysagzz
TaylorGang-4,

Where there any other entry requirements, eg. A Portfolio or mood board?

Thank You Sam.

Have you got an interview? If so, it consists of a 1 hour 15 minute exam, followed by lunch with fellow interviewees. The day concludes with an interview from one of the lecturers.

Today I received a conditional :smile:
Reply 3
Oh okay thanks man, and no, I am thinking about applying later this year though, I was just wondering if I needed to create some sort of portforlio for this Uni.

Congratulations Dude!
Reply 4
No portofolio is required mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey! I just got my offer from City University for journalism haha.
Were you at the interview last tuesday?
Reply 6
Congratulations! And yes I was!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TaylorGang_4
Congratulations! And yes I was!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Were you that guy with the stache?:P hhahaha.
You didnt talk much did you:P
Reply 8
Original post by fishesnchips
Were you that guy with the stache?:P hhahaha.
You didnt talk much did you:P

Haha yes I was, although its gone now! And I was simply observing :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha yes I was, although its gone now! And I was simply observing :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha:P why is it goneee! omggg hahaa. By the way, I'm Chloe.:smile:
Haha:P why is it goneee! omggg hahaa. By the way, I'm Chloe.:smile:

Felt like.a change was needed, its growing back now.though! I'm Lorik :smile: So are you definitely firming City? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Felt like.a change was needed, its growing back now.though! I'm Lorik :smile: So are you definitely firming City? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Get a new look for uni lol:P
Yeah, defo! now the only thing i only need is 360 ucas points:LLL LOL
Get a new look for uni lol:P
Yeah, defo! now the only thing i only need is 360 ucas points:LLL LOL

Haha:tongue: And that's great, I loved it there and instantly knew that it would be my first choice! For some.reason, my conditional is 340 :s
Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha:tongue: And that's great, I loved it there and instantly knew that it would be my first choice! For some.reason, my conditional is 340 :s
Posted from TSR Mobile

Come on, everyone wants to be here for journalism!:biggrin:
really:redface: mines 360:frown: gunna work so much harder! What are u studying right now?
Come on, everyone wants to be here for journalism!:biggrin:
really:redface: mines 360:frown: gunna work so much harder! What are u studying right now?

Thankfully we're the chosen few! And yes, for some reason. I'm sure you'll achieve yours! And I'm studying a Diploma in Sport. So a potential career in Sports Journalism. :biggrin: How.about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thankfully we're the chosen few! And yes, for some reason. I'm sure you'll achieve yours! And I'm studying a Diploma in Sport. So a potential career in Sports Journalism. :biggrin: How.about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

To be honest, I really wanna know how many people applied and how many people got an offer:P Im doing advanced diploma in Creative and Media plus Eng lit Alevels.
Woah, sport journalist then?:biggrin: I dont really know what kind of journalist i wanna be yet:L
To be honest, I really wanna know how many people applied and how many people got an offer:P Im doing advanced diploma in Creative and Media plus Eng lit Alevels.
Woah, sport journalist then?:biggrin: I dont really know what kind of journalist i wanna be yet:L

Same! I'd love to know! Wow, that sounds good! Good luck with your studies. And yes, fingers crossed, that may change over time but right now that's my ambition. I'm sure that once we start the course, you'll develop a better understanding of.what you want to do!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same! I'd love to know! Wow, that sounds good! Good luck with your studies. And yes, fingers crossed, that may change over time but right now that's my ambition. I'm sure that once we start the course, you'll develop a better understanding of.what you want to do!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha. Thank you ,you too! Yeah that's what I'm hoping for! Everyone seems so nice on the selection day as well! Talking about lectures and we could even take half year out! That's why I am in love with this course!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha. Thank you ,you too! Yeah that's what I'm hoping for! Everyone seems so nice on the selection day as well! Talking about lectures and we could even take half year out! That's why I am in love with this course!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah everyone seemed really nice! I'm just curious to which girl you was haha :tongue: The year abroad sounded great aswell!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah everyone seemed really nice! I'm just curious to which girl you was haha :tongue: The year abroad sounded great aswell!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where would you wanna go if u took a year out?;D

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending