The Student Room Group

AQA ENGLISH LIT B A2 Coursework 2013

Hey...
can anyone recommend what texts to do a critical reading of for the second piece of A2 coursework? - marxist or feminist approach? or anything from the critical anthology.
Preferably something short.
Thanks!
(edited 11 years ago)
I did 'Not My Best Side' by U.A. Fanthorpe with a Marxist Reading which was really fun as I loved the poem! It's quite short and entertaining, yet still has absolutely loads to write about - I had too many words and had to cut down :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Marxist - animal farm? It's all about the Russian Revolution
Feminist - Simone de Beauvoir - The Monologue. (I just did an essay on that in uni so it was at the top of my head)

When I did this piece of coursework I did Catcher in the Rye and Symbolism. Symbolism is an easy one I think
Original post by R_94
Marxist - animal farm? It's all about the Russian Revolution
Feminist - Simone de Beauvoir - The Monologue. (I just did an essay on that in uni so it was at the top of my head)

When I did this piece of coursework I did Catcher in the Rye and Symbolism. Symbolism is an easy one I think

I reeeeaaally wanted to do animal farm, but my teacher said "it is far too obvious"... Now everything I choose is either too obvious or it's too "gcse" lol.

I'll have a read of the monologue, thank you!
(I have done catcher in the rye for my comparitive piece)
Original post by Butterfly9595
I did 'Not My Best Side' by U.A. Fanthorpe with a Marxist Reading which was really fun as I loved the poem! It's quite short and entertaining, yet still has absolutely loads to write about - I had too many words and had to cut down :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i am going to have a read, sounds like it might be perfect though.. Thank you! Haha, the word count is annoying... I start by feeling like how on earth am i going to talk that much about something, and before i know it i am waaay over!
Reply 5
Original post by somebodyguideme
I reeeeaaally wanted to do animal farm, but my teacher said "it is far too obvious"... Now everything I choose is either too obvious or it's too "gcse" lol.

I'll have a read of the monologue, thank you!
(I have done catcher in the rye for my comparitive piece)

- Yeah your teacher is right about obvious texts. The Monologue is in a collection of stories called "The Woman Destroyed" by Simone De Beauvoir - She was of huge significance within feminism so anything by her would allow you to have a strong feminist viewpoint for your essay - her most famous was "The Second Sex"
:smile:
I did 'Salome' and 'Havisham' by Duffy for a feminist reading :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending