The Student Room Group

Mitosis Drawing Question..

Hello,

i'm supposed to draw the different stages of prophase, metapase, anaphase and telophase for Drosophila melanogaster ... a fruit fly..:biggrin:

the information that they gave was that D.melanogaster has 8 chromosomes in each of its somatic cells..

but i'm not sure how to draw!

the following is the image given in my tutorial notes... so i guess i'm supposed to draw something similar to that? Please teach me how to draw this.. if you know!

Thank you!

Julia :smile:

Reply 1
Original post by Julia William
Hello,

i'm supposed to draw the different stages of prophase, metapase, anaphase and telophase for Drosophila melanogaster ... a fruit fly..:biggrin:

the information that they gave was that D.melanogaster has 8 chromosomes in each of its somatic cells..

but i'm not sure how to draw!

the following is the image given in my tutorial notes... so i guess i'm supposed to draw something similar to that? Please teach me how to draw this.. if you know!

Thank you!

Julia :smile:

Draw what's given but simplify it a bit - it doesn't need to be so complicated. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by joostan
Draw what's given but simplify it a bit - it doesn't need to be so complicated. :smile:

but do i have to draw the 8 chromosomes? How do i draw it in the diagram.. particularly, for the prophase and telophase?
Reply 3
but do i have to draw the 8 chromosomes? How do i draw it in the diagram.. particularly, for the prophase and telophase?

Considering it is for a specific species I'd say yes draw 8 chromosomes.
As for prophase and telophase it doesn't matter - the chromosomes have decondensed so just draw a squiggle. You could make it similar in size to the chromosomes if you wanted to.
Reply 4
Original post by joostan
Considering it is for a specific species I'd say yes draw 8 chromosomes.
As for prophase and telophase it doesn't matter - the chromosomes have decondensed so just draw a squiggle. You could make it similar in size to the chromosomes if you wanted to.

okay thank you! :smile:
Reply 5
okay thank you! :smile:

No worries :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending