The Student Room Group

Biology paper 1 2023

Why was that biology higher aqa paper so different and terrible like the questions were basically just about photosynthesis, starch and a few Other topics like there was no mitosis, active transport, food test, animal or plant cell? How did everyone answer the ) markers? I think I’ve failed that one definitely.
Reply 1
Original post by suzy23
Why was that biology higher aqa paper so different and terrible like the questions were basically just about photosynthesis, starch and a few Other topics like there was no mitosis, active transport, food test, animal or plant cell? How did everyone answer the ) markers? I think I’ve failed that one definitely.

There was definitely a question on mitosis, as well as a few on cell structure of eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells.
Original post by suzy23

That was by far the easiest test I've done so far. My only real difficulty were the 1 markers😆.
There were questions on mitosis remember the 3 marker or was it 4. The 6 markers were relatively straight forward, alveoli and just knowing how to explain exercising method.
Original post by GalacticSkyline
That was by far the easiest test I've done so far. My only real difficulty were the 1 markers😆.
There were questions on mitosis remember the 3 marker or was it 4. The 6 markers were relatively straight forward, alveoli and just knowing how to explain exercising method.

Oops on second thought Im not sure there was anything on the lungs and alveoli I'm not sure maybe it was the 2020 past paper
Original post by P. Dough
There was definitely a question on mitosis, as well as a few on cell structure of eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells.

Maybe your doing a different paper because their was it’s about cells or mitosis I’m doing Biology aqa combined higher science
Reply 5
Oops on second thought Im not sure there was anything on the lungs and alveoli I'm not sure maybe it was the 2020 past paper

Well now I'm worrying since I didn't put a single thing about alveoli in any question 🗿
Original post by suzy23
Maybe your doing a different paper because their was it’s about cells or mitosis I’m doing Biology aqa combined higher science

I think it was triple. There was a question on mitosis
Original post by Kura_
Well now I'm worrying since I didn't put a single thing about alveoli in any question 🗿

Well I guess you need to wait till results day to find out
Reply 8

for real, for the 1 markers one of them asked what tissue is used in stem cells for plants and the answer was meristem, however i put root hair tissue!
Another one was the one asking about what plant is aspirin made from, not knowing it was willow bark :frown:
Original post by hotbaymax
for real, for the 1 markers one of them asked what tissue is used in stem cells for plants and the answer was meristem, however i put root hair tissue!
Another one was the one asking about what plant is aspirin made from, not knowing it was willow bark :frown:

I got the meristem one but I got the aspirin, and the y equals Mx plus C and pacemaker wrong
Reply 10

icl the paper was beautiful but those one markers were obscure
Reply 11
I got the meristem one but I got the aspirin, and the y equals Mx plus C and pacemaker wrong

tbh im just happy i revised everything that came up on the test, the one markers were based on year 9 knowledge , exceptfor the y +mx+c

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending