The Student Room Group

Edexcel C3,C4 June 2013 Thread

Scroll to see replies

i want to get an A* too in maths ! C3 didn't go as planned, got a B (78) so that's going to be retaken, even though my firm choice, king's, are asking for AAA, i'm not feeling entirely confident with physics at the moment so if i can hit that A* in maths they may be a bit lenient with physics if i was to get a B, what do you guys think ???!! :confused:.

p.s. Best thing i believe to do now is do soloman papers for C3 and C4, 1) its alot more challenging 'obviously' 2) a friend of mine for the C3 exam ONLY did soloman papers no exam papers and got 97 ums, so for these june exams i know ill need to finish off the soloman's and just to get the feel of the exam i'll then do exam papers. fair enough??
Reply 161
can anyone help me integrate (secxtanx)^2 just so lost, c4 integration is a female dog
Original post by yaboy
can anyone help me integrate (secxtanx)^2 just so lost, c4 integration is a female dog

One way in which you could do this is by substitution. "Expand" the brackets to get sec2xtan2x\sec^2 x \tan^2 x and let u = tan x. See if you can go on from there. :smile:
Original post by yaboy

As usycool said, you could use a substitution, or you could just directly do the integration by parts.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 164
Original post by justinawe
As usycool said, you could use a substitution, or you could just directly do the integration by parts.

cheers just used recognition in the end :biggrin:
Great Idea, I'm doing both and aiming for A* too :biggrin:
Original post by posthumus
Great Idea, I'm doing both and aiming for A* too :biggrin:
good luck ! :biggrin:
Reply 167
Original post by bexlovescandy
Haven't started. Just did a paper to see where I'm at. Shame I picked an easy one so it wasn't exactly accurate!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think i'm just going to focus on solomon papers lol, knowing edexcel they might give a hard paper lol :tongue:
Reply 168
How about a quick question for everyone lol
Differentiate x^x, using natural logs :P
Original post by ACBLISS
I think i'm just going to focus on solomon papers lol, knowing edexcel they might give a hard paper lol :tongue:

This was my plan too, I've already done about 4 Solomon papers for C4 and to be honest the questions do seem quite straightforward to me so I'm not too sure how they're making me think more about the questions. However vector questions will always be a bloody pain!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ACBLISS
How about a quick question for everyone lol
Differentiate x^x, using natural logs :P

I've seen this before as it was a tiny part of a STEP question that I did, it then shows you how you can differentiate a function of (x^x)^x which I never really thought about beforehand, pretty cool if you ask me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 171
Original post by MathsNerd1
This was my plan too, I've already done about 4 Solomon papers for C4 and to be honest the questions do seem quite straightforward to me so I'm not too sure how they're making me think more about the questions. However vector questions will always be a bloody pain!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could try elmond papers? My college gives out the big black A2 c3/c4 book aswell as the small one, so i'v decided to do questions from there now and then do other worksheets etc and then start solomon.
Reply 172
I've seen this before as it was a tiny part of a STEP question that I did, it then shows you how you can differentiate a function of (x^x)^x which I never really thought about beforehand, pretty cool if you ask me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's a nice trick right :biggrin:
Imagine they throw that in c4 :tongue:
Original post by ACBLISS
You could try elmond papers? My college gives out the big black A2 c3/c4 book aswell as the small one, so i'v decided to do questions from there now and then do other worksheets etc and then start solomon.

What are elmond papers? I don't think I've heard about them before and I've just been given the small green ones so I was planning on doing all the mixed exercises and review exercises too, surely then I'll be prepared for any question they may throw at me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 174
What are elmond papers? I don't think I've heard about them before and I've just been given the small green ones so I was planning on doing all the mixed exercises and review exercises too, surely then I'll be prepared for any question they may throw at me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just don't wanna risk anything :tongue:
They are just extra papers that some people do after the original papers and solomon papers if they have time.
Original post by ACBLISS
It's a nice trick right :biggrin:
Imagine they throw that in c4 :tongue:

If they did that then I'm almost certain it'll catch the majority of candidates, at least I know every bar me in my school would be caught out, maybe another student might understand it but I'm not too sure really. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ACBLISS

Same. Might do everything though. C3 is quite fun.
Original post by ACBLISS
I just don't wanna risk anything :tongue:
They are just extra papers that some people do after the original papers and solomon papers if they have time.

Is there a link to these papers anywhere as I'm not common of them and I've actually been going slow for the main reason I'll be complete too early for the exam which would be the worst position to be in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 178
If they did that then I'm almost certain it'll catch the majority of candidates, at least I know every bar me in my school would be caught out, maybe another student might understand it but I'm not too sure really. :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

lol You truly cannot trust edexcel anymore! That 2^t question was in that black book i'm using right not, last question of the exercise :eek:
I say do everything you possibly can for c4 and no second chance :tongue:
Reply 179
Original post by bexlovescandy
Same. Might do everything though. C3 is quite fun.

Just work hard :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending