The Student Room Group

Coastal and river features? - Notes?

Does anyone have any notes on Coastal and river features?
Or just in general for these 2 topics?

Reply 1
Our teacher gave us a huge booklet for rivers that we worked through when we did the specification, but by huge it's about 70+ pages! Is there any particular topics you're struggling with or..? And we're doing Glaciation not Coastal so I can't help with the other one, sorry :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by JLKeating
Our teacher gave us a huge booklet for rivers that we worked through when we did the specification, but by huge it's about 70+ pages! Is there any particular topics you're struggling with or..? And we're doing Glaciation not Coastal so I can't help with the other one, sorry :smile:

Hmm valley profiles and some stuff on the features like river bluffs and what elese is there? :biggrin:
Oh maybe some stuff on bangladesh :biggrin:

Btw are you doing health and population change as well??
Reply 3
Original post by Blueray2
Hmm valley profiles and some stuff on the features like river bluffs and what elese is there? :biggrin:
Oh maybe some stuff on bangladesh :biggrin:

Btw are you doing health and population change as well??

I'll type up what I've got on those when I find some time over the next few days...and I'm doing Population Change and Energy Issues but our teacher for that doesn't give us booklets so I don't have much :frown: do you have the AS textbook and GAIA?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4
I'll type up what I've got on those when I find some time over the next few days...and I'm doing Population Change and Energy Issues but our teacher for that doesn't give us booklets so I don't have much :frown: do you have the AS textbook and GAIA?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Oh wow thanks :biggrin:
Can you also take a picture and upload it?
Whats GAIA? :smile:
Reply 5
Oh wow thanks :biggrin:
Can you also take a picture and upload it?
Whats GAIA? :smile:

Haha taking a photo is probably a better idea! Sure :smile:

GAIA is another book we got given for the 2 years called Geography: An Integrated Approach. It's huuuuuuge and just has supplementary reading in to back up whatever we've been learning.
Reply 6

GAIA is another book we got given for the 2 years called Geography: An Integrated Approach. It's huuuuuuge and just has supplementary reading in to back up whatever we've been learning.

Oh nice :biggrin: Thanks, can't wait!! Bet it's not as big as an edexcel economics book! :tongue:
Reply 7
Does anyone have any notes on Coastal and river features?
Or just in general for these 2 topics?

Hey,

I'm doing the same topics as you :biggrin:
I'm a little bit worried about the amount of case studies we've been given, ridiculous! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by ellie_d
Hey,

I'm doing the same topics as you :biggrin:
I'm a little bit worried about the amount of case studies we've been given, ridiculous! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey :biggrin: What case studies have you been given?
Reply 9
Hey :biggrin: What case studies have you been given?

Rivers - River Wye & Cam, Cumbrian floods, Carlisle, Bangladesh, three gorges dam, river Quaggy soft engineering, Chad flood, Thai floods,

Coasts - North Sea storm surge, Flamborough head, Holbeck hall, Barton on sea, Isle of Wight, Sefton coast

Population - Italy, Germany, USA, Dubai, Devon, Kenya, The Gambia

...that's all I can remember! Soooo many! What about you? :smile:

We haven't even started health issues yet!! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by ellie_d
Rivers - River Wye & Cam, Cumbrian floods, Carlisle, Bangladesh, three gorges dam, river Quaggy soft engineering, Chad flood, Thai floods,

Coasts - North Sea storm surge, Flamborough head, Holbeck hall, Barton on sea, Isle of Wight, Sefton coast

Population - Italy, Germany, USA, Dubai, Devon, Kenya, The Gambia

...that's all I can remember! Soooo many! What about you? :smile:

We haven't even started health issues yet!! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh crap I need population case studies :s-smilie:
How was your field trip? :biggrin:
Reply 11
Oh crap I need population case studies :s-smilie:
How was your field trip? :biggrin:

My teacher keeps saying we haven't got enough, I'm like, please no more case studies! :frown:

Absolute hell! We went to north Yorkshire in the middle of December, completed our Rivers work in the sunshine and the coasts in a blizzard! Never been so cold haha! How was yours? :smile:
Reply 12

Bump please :smile: Got anything on coasts/ formations :biggrin: Thanks!
Bump please :smile: Got anything on coasts/ formations :biggrin: Thanks!

I don't do the Coasts topic and apologies for this next bombardment of pictures...but here is what I have on river features/channel profiles & Bangladesh like you asked :smile:

IMG_8162.jpg

IMG_8163.jpg

IMG_8164.jpg

IMG_8165.jpg

IMG_8166.jpg

IMG_8167.jpg

IMG_8168.jpg

IMG_8169.jpg

IMG_8170.jpg

IMG_8171.jpg
IMG_8172.jpg

IMG_8173.jpg

IMG_8174.jpg

IMG_8175.jpg

IMG_8176.jpg

IMG_8177.jpg

IMG_8178.jpg

IMG_8179.jpg

IMG_8180.jpg

IMG_8181.jpg
IMG_8182.jpg

IMG_8183.jpg

IMG_8184.jpg

IMG_8185.jpg

IMG_8186.jpg

IMG_8187.jpg

IMG_8188.jpg

IMG_8189.jpg

IMG_8190.jpg

IMG_8191.jpg
Reply 16
I don't do the Coasts topic and apologies for this next bombardment of pictures...but here is what I have on river features/channel profiles & Bangladesh like you asked :smile:

This stuff is amazing :biggrin: Thanks so much!
This stuff is amazing :biggrin: Thanks so much!

You're welcome - I hope it helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending