The Student Room Group

Lancaster or York ?

Hi, I have offers from both uni's for straight Economics and am having trouble picking between them. They are both similarly ranked, similarly aged, both college uni's and both on campus. I'll be visiting both soon but apart from that could anyone help me distinguish between them, especially in quality of the course and generally how good the uni's are to be at in all aspects? After uni I'd like to work in finance or do a masters and also in Lancaster's favour it has a flexible course meaning I can combine my Economics with Maths (which im interested in doing), if that helps. Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Hey I've got an offer for economics for lancaster as well ..so I went to see it and HATED IT....
reason: it depends on what type of person you are...I'm really outgoing and more of a city girl...for a one mile radius of the uni IT WAS JUST FARMS AND SHEEP
I became claustrophobic in a weird way...it was In the middle of no where...the city was like half an hour away...I had a hotel booked and payed..I didn't even go...so yeah

i don't want to put you off..but it was my personal reasons..it's a great uni otherwise..like the rooms were nice and the uni was new it was just the location that killed it.
Oh and the nearest night club was inside the uni - I died
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by hellochem
Hey I've got an offer for economics for lancaster as well ..so I went to see it and HATED IT....
reason: it depends on what type of person you are...I'm really outgoing and more of a city girl...for a one mile radius of the uni IT WAS JUST FARMS AND SHEEP
I became claustrophobic in a weird way...it was In the middle of no where...the city was like half an hour away...I had a hotel booked and payed..I didn't even go...so yeah

i don't want to put you off..but it was my personal reasons..it's a great uni otherwise..like the rooms were nice and the uni was new it was just the location that killed it.
Oh and the nearest night club was inside the uni - I died

hahaha fair enough, thing is I've heard by different people the nightlife is quite good at lancaster, especially thanks to the college system, even though its only a small place. so until I visit I dont want to let that put me off right away, thanks for your advice though :smile:
Original post by 3DDY
Hi, I have offers from both uni's for straight Economics and am having trouble picking between them. They are both similarly ranked, similarly aged, both college uni's and both on campus. I'll be visiting both soon but apart from that could anyone help me distinguish between them, especially in quality of the course and generally how good the uni's are to be at in all aspects? After uni I'd like to work in finance or do a masters and also in Lancaster's favour it has a flexible course meaning I can combine my Economics with Maths (which im interested in doing), if that helps. Thanks :smile:

I also received an offer from these two Uni to study Economics and Math (and Nottingham for Economics as well). Right now, I tend toward York as contents are not too difficult and there are not much coursework to do (just only exam).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending