The Student Room Group

York vs Lancaster PPE

I've been given offers from both.

Can anyone doing PPE at either university tell me about it? Which one is better for graduate prospects? Where do they differ?
Original post by Castherius

Can anyone doing PPE at either university tell me about it? Which one is better for graduate prospects? Where do they differ?

You can find some data on graduate outcomes for different courses on Discover Uni.

Hi!

I didn't study PPE at York but if you have any questions about student life, the campus and city etc. I can help you! We do have some blog posts written by current PPE students that might help give you an insight into the course at York and why our students recommend you study with us.

Hope this helps!

Hazel 🙂
Reply 3
Original post by University of York
Hi!

I didn't study PPE at York but if you have any questions about student life, the campus and city etc. I can help you! We do have some blog posts written by current PPE students that might help give you an insight into the course at York and why our students recommend you study with us.

Hope this helps!

Hazel 🙂

Thanks!

Hi,
I'm currently studying Geography at Lancaster. Although i have no experience in PPE, when i was choosing universities i found it really useful to look at what types of modules you are likely to study as part of your degree and then i decided on a university that had modules i was interested in. The PPE modules for Lancaster can be found here https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/philosophy-politics-and-economics-ba-hons-l0v0/2024/
In terms of the city, Lancaster is a smaller city than York, but i've always found it a friendly city with lots of events going on throughout the year, recently we've had some Christmas markets and a local music festival in the town. There's also a good range of shops, cafes and bars in town. It's also worth mentioning that Lancaster and York hold a sporting competition each year against each other called Roses, so if your interested in playing or watching sports, its definitely something to get involved in.
If you have any more questions, feel free to ask!
-Jasmine (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending