The Student Room Group

How many exams do you have? How are you preparing for it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Just reading the thread, the amount of exams everyone has is mental! Good luck!
Reply 81
Original post by SannaS
It's alright but even then 22!!! Howany gcses are you aiming for? Lol it's all worth it in the end aim high!! :smile:

I know! D: 11 gcses plus an extra certificate for a german oral (as I'm doing igcse german). And I guess, I'm just lacking a lot of motivation.... Thanks ;0
Original post by alexandraa
I'm not doing m2, I only took maths and so I'm only doing c1 c2 c3 c4 s1 m1
That sounds perfect!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

You should be perfectly fine then :smile: Just make sure you work hard and do plenty of past papers and then you'll get the top marks in the exam! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MathsNerd1
You should be perfectly fine then :smile: Just make sure you work hard and do plenty of past papers and then you'll get the top marks in the exam! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks :smile: all the best for you too, I hope you get where you want to be!

Reply 84
Three exams, which I find hard to revise for due to various full-time commitments. It shouldn't be particularly hard to do well, but what can I say? I'm lazy :tongue:
Original post by Miracle Day
A fi :smile:

Pa testun ti'n gwneud?

I have 3 exams, but one is like what ysgytlaeth said.

Haven't started revision yet.

Y Natsïaid 1933-1945 a'r Tuduriaid 1485-1603! :unimpressed: Be am chdi? :smile:
Original post by alexandraa
Thanks :smile: all the best for you too, I hope you get where you want to be!

Thanks, I'll need it and hopefully if it all turns out for the best I'll be at Warwick next year studying Maths, if not then there is always Nottingham :smile: Hope you get the results you want at the end of this year! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kaaaaaayx
Ahhh I have 6 exams, 3 are retakes from Jan.
Bio F211 (retake)
Bio F212
Chem F331 (retake)
Chem F332
Psychology A1 (retake)
Psychology A2

By tomorrow hopefully all my revision for F211 will be done :biggrin:
F331 I want to finish by the end of the week.
PSYA1 I also want to finish by the end of the week.
That gives me two months to revise all the Unit 2 stuff :biggrin:
How many hours a day do you guys do? From tomorrow im going to be at the library from 10 till like 6, and obviously having an hour lunch break so thats going to be minus procrastinating time... 6 hours or so :/ is that enough do you think? Thanks :smile:

I'm resitting F211 as well! That's if my mark doesn't change on the remark.
My teachers found 5-6 marks on the paper that they missed out, so that should take me up to mid B from a D. :colondollar:

I literally started revising today, only have 4 exams and this time round F211 shouldn't take me that long, I went through 20 or so pages of it in about an hour and still remembered all the content like the exam was yesterday. I do 4 hours a day because I have 4 exams. I wasn't specific enough in the exam, I lost marks due to not mentioning 1 more word that was needed, which my teachers and I thought was a bit picky, but I have to deal with it.

What you're doing is fine, just remember to give yourself a day off so you don't get too stressed!

Good luck in your exams!! :biggrin:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 88
Original post by LaughingGas
I'm resitting F211 as well! That's if my mark doesn't change on the remark.
My teachers found 5-6 marks on the paper that they missed out, so that should take me up to mid B from a D. :colondollar:

I literally started revising today, only have 4 exams and this time round F211 shouldn't take me that long, I went through 20 or so pages of it in about an hour and still remembered all the content like the exam was yesterday. I wasn't specific enough in the exam, I lost marks due to not mentioning 1 more word that was needed, which my teachers and I thought was a bit picky, but I have to deal with it.

What you're doing is fine, just remember to give yourself a day off so you don't get too stressed!

Good luck in your exams!! :biggrin:

Ah wow that would be so amazing if your grade jumps up :biggrin: I failed MISERABLY in F211 which was so weird because I came out of that exam so confidently! But yeah my teacher also said that I have the knowledge, I just struggle to mention the key terms the examiner is looking for, so I need to improve on exam technique! Yeah, If im planning to work all week then Sunday will be my lazy day, like always! haha

Thanks so much! You too!! :biggrin:
Reply 89
Original post by Rosaknows
I know! D: 11 gcses plus an extra certificate for a german oral (as I'm doing igcse german). And I guess, I'm just lacking a lot of motivation.... Thanks ;0

Your motivation is there, if you chose this (if neither your school nor parents chose for you)

Just keep working. I only 17-8 exams, and that was the most in my school.. because I was filled with retakes!
Reply 90
Original post by NidaJaffri
Your motivation is there, if you chose this (if neither your school nor parents chose for you)

Just keep working. I only 17-8 exams, and that was the most in my school.. because I was filled with retakes!

Haha, the sad thing is none of mine are even retakes :'( thanks, I'm going to revise now :smile:
Original post by kaaaaaayx
Ah wow that would be so amazing if your grade jumps up :biggrin: I failed MISERABLY in F211 which was so weird because I came out of that exam so confidently! But yeah my teacher also said that I have the knowledge, I just struggle to mention the key terms the examiner is looking for, so I need to improve on exam technique! Yeah, If im planning to work all week then Sunday will be my lazy day, like always! haha

Thanks so much! You too!! :biggrin:

Yeah I have the knowledge I just have to work on technique like you. :biggrin:
I plan to work all week and have the weekends off, so I still get the feeling of a holiday. :smile:

And thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 92
5 :smile:
Making flash cards, posters, reading revision guides, past papers.
I have 3. Maths, Physics and Mandarin. Revision by practice questions and followed up by past papers once I'm confident.
Original post by bonjour04
9- 3 maths, 1 f.maths, 3 chem and 2 bio :cry2::cry2:notes..notes...notes.. past papers..MOVIESSSSS!!!:thumbsup:
Mine are similar, 3 maths, 1 f maths, 2 chem and 2 bio, I'm going to be so nervous about results day. Good luck :smile:
Reply 95
Original post by Rosaknows
Thanks :smile: when did you start revising for them? I started yesterday and now I'm really worried I won't have enough time :/ also, how did you revise?

Yeh I started mainly in the Easter holidays..don't ever think what you 'should have done' otherwise you would have had no life for the last 2 years! Umm I guess I tried lots of different ways...I used note cards for science, A3 posters for geography a notebook for maths, I recorded quotes for English and RE and German on MP3 and just listened to them over and over but my most hated subject was English! So I spent the most time on that... I was given loads of essay titles and I found the best thing was to make a plan for each one in 10 mins and then to write out a few of the essays! It worked for me, just prioritise, plan your time and find a way that you like revising (:

Posted from TSR Mobile
8 AS exams :smile:
Reply 97
Original post by zmai
Yeh I started mainly in the Easter holidays..don't ever think what you 'should have done' otherwise you would have had no life for the last 2 years! Umm I guess I tried lots of different ways...I used note cards for science, A3 posters for geography a notebook for maths, I recorded quotes for English and RE and German on MP3 and just listened to them over and over but my most hated subject was English! So I spent the most time on that... I was given loads of essay titles and I found the best thing was to make a plan for each one in 10 mins and then to write out a few of the essays! It worked for me, just prioritise, plan your time and find a way that you like revising (:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you so much! Ill especially try the technique for german :smile:
Reply 98
Original post by pak1994
Sounds like what I'm doing, apart from I need to get A*AA... :eek:

That must be really daunting... good luck! I hope you get it :tongue:
5, all maths! 4 normal and 1 resit! was one mark off the grade I wanted, didnt affect the grade I needed but I want my sheet to look pretty!

Starting to do past papers again now, almost nothing but, like 95% past papers and then 5% reading, seems to work for me!

Quick Reply

Latest