The Student Room Group

How many exams do you have? How are you preparing for it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by themightysals
5, all maths! 4 normal and 1 resit! was one mark off the grade I wanted, didnt affect the grade I needed but I want my sheet to look pretty!

Starting to do past papers again now, almost nothing but, like 95% past papers and then 5% reading, seems to work for me!

I must be mad then resitting a maths module despite getting the grade that I need...
But yep, past papers are the best thing to do for maths; that and lots of questions. The great thing is that there are so many past papers (for our exam board there are 15 per module, compared to Biology for which there are maybe 4).
Original post by pak1994
I must be mad then resitting a maths module despite getting the grade that I need...
But yep, past papers are the best thing to do for maths; that and lots of questions. The great thing is that there are so many past papers (for our exam board there are 15 per module, compared to Biology for which there are maybe 4).

nah, you arent mad! Edexcel have a tonne of them! 2 a night (on a placement year) from now till the exams and I will have done them all a couple of times by the time its done!
have the time to do atleast 70 past papers by the time of my first exam
Original post by NidaJaffri
Oh wow, I feel for you! Without retakes?

I know ;O
Tough times.
Yep, no retakes.
i have 19. I'm going over my notes and then will just do pass papers
5 Maths (WJEC) (M2, S2, S3, FP2, FP3)
2 Physics (OCR) (G484, G485)
2 Economics (WJEC) (EC3, EC4)
1 AEA
2 Chinese (Edexcel) (6CN02, 6CN03)

Not studying any Chinese cause I am from Hong Kong. I will do 1 past paper for each maths paper every 2 days 3 weeks before exam. Study other subjects 1.5 months before the exam, and do a lot past papers.
(edited 11 years ago)
4 and by playing fifa.
Reply 106
6 in May/June, then a French speaking later this month. D;
Reply 107
5 exams and I'm finding that hard :frown:
8! I have 2 exams on the 1st day! :frown: But 2 of them are after half term! :smile:
Reply 109
9 l0l
Original post by x__justmyluck
Mine are similar, 3 maths, 1 f maths, 2 chem and 2 bio, I'm going to be so nervous about results day. Good luck :smile:

woohoo good luck :biggrin:
what course did you apply for?
Reply 111
8, all between the 13th-23rd of MAY :frown: 8 exams in 10 days, any help on how to revise economics EC1? - WJEC
I have 4 A2 exams. I'm preparing for them through a tried-and-tested method that I call last-minute blind panic.
Wow, I feel for those who have 5+! I have three A2's and yet, I feel stressed - I wish everyone luck :h:

but yes, the odd practice question, reading, rewriting notes etc! it's started to become more intense thought - but I don't want to burn out in the last week!

Quick Reply

Latest