The Student Room Group

Bus. Management: Kent (The European University) vs Surrey (The University of Jobs)?

Right guys, heres where I'm going to need as much input as possible as the time remaining to make my official decision is drawing ever so close ever so swiftly. I've narrowed it down to these two unis both have their advantages and disadvantages but I require some major assistance before I make this all important choice... Kent or Surrey University??? What do you guys think??
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by DaTrillDeal
Right guys, heres where I'm going to need as much input as possible as the time remaining to make my official decision is drawing ever so close ever so swiftly. I've narrowed it down to these two unis both have their advantages and disadvantages but I require some major assistance before I make this all important choice... Kent or Surrey University??? What do you guys think??

It depends on what course you're going to do and which university you prefer when it comes to course structure, modules, teaching style etc. Then there's things such as location, accommodation, societies etc. to consider...
Read the course descriptions carefully. Not just the general blurb about the course but the detailed unit/options for all three years. Which units would you actually choose? Which whole course interests you the most? What extras are available - Year Abroad, optional courses in other Depts? Which course is going to hold your interest and entusiasm for a whole three years of study?

Although you do need to take other things into account, the actual course is the most important thing in making a final choice between two Unis. Dont get hung up on 'prestige' or 'jobs' - this counts for nothing if you get to Uni, realise you hate the course, and either drop out or have three unhappy years stretching ahead of you.
Reply 3
Thanks for all your feedback guys and yes how silly of me, the course is Business Management so what do you think?? also would I be able to edit my thread title??
Reply 4
Original post by DaTrillDeal
Thanks for all your feedback guys and yes how silly of me, the course is Business Management so what do you think?? also would I be able to edit my thread title??

You can edit your title by clicking on edit and then on edit again (I think). Unfortunately, I can't say anything about the Business Management courses. I did however recieve an offer from Kent this year and it seams like a great university with a nice atmosphere. The people and tutors I talked to there were really friendly and positive. Good luck with your decision!:smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending