The Student Room Group

How do you revise extension Chemistry (C3)

Hello

I have no resources to use to revise C3 extension science Chemistry and Physics, except for the CGP revision guide which is good - but not good enough.

Does anyone know any websites or techniques that I can use to revise?

Any techniques that you are using to revise that is working?

Thanks

Elizabeth :smile:
Reply 1
what board are you doing?
Reply 2
Original post by mmp97
what board are you doing?

I am doing Edexcel. What about you, and how are you revising?
Reply 3
Original post by Ahsan98
Try using my-gcsescience.com ; it only partially covers c3 right now but there are more and more videos being uploaded through out the easter holidays. ..also try khanacademy.org ; some of the chemistry stuff on their may be a bit too advanced for Gcse level but there is a fair amount of relevant content on their

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! It seems really helpful - but does it cover a specific board or does it post videos and tips for all boards as I am doing an exam from Edexcel.
Reply 4
Original post by ElizabethO
I am doing Edexcel. What about you, and how are you revising?

oh, i'm doing OCR gateway. i'm making notes using the specification- i find it really useful, it tells you exactly the stuff you need to know, nothing extra. what about you?
Reply 5
Original post by mmp97
oh, i'm doing OCR gateway. i'm making notes using the specification- i find it really useful, it tells you exactly the stuff you need to know, nothing extra. what about you?

You know what? I think you are right, I have never used the specification before to revise - I only read the CGP revision guide. I think i'll start using the specification to revise as well.

What other things do you use to revise other subjects like History, Spanish e.t.c..?
brightstorm on you tube is pretty neat!
Reply 7
You know what? I think you are right, I have never used the specification before to revise - I only read the CGP revision guide. I think i'll start using the specification to revise as well.

What other things do you use to revise other subjects like History, Spanish e.t.c..?

ohh i hate CPG revision guides!
for french i use vocab express and memorize & write down vocab in a mindmap
for geography (didnt take history)- i make notes on the specification because there's loads of content in the textbook
maths- past papers and practice questions. i find jayates79's videos on youtube quite helpful for maths too

what about you; how do you revise for english?
Reply 8
Original post by mmp97
ohh i hate CPG revision guides!
for french i use vocab express and memorize & write down vocab in a mindmap
for geography (didnt take history)- i make notes on the specification because there's loads of content in the textbook
maths- past papers and practice questions. i find jayates79's videos on youtube quite helpful for maths too

what about you; how do you revise for english?

You have some pretty cool methods for revision, i'll check out jayates79's videos. For English, my english teacher is amazing and she gives us loads of revision materials - so i use them, I also do questions from past papers and I look at answers that have gotten A and A* grades to see what the difference is and see how I can be getting those A*s and top bands in English.

If you find a better way on how to revise English please tell me, I am currently doing the English Literature stuff on poetry and I am doing a retake of the English Language paper - I need to get an A* on it, because I plan on doing English Lit for A levels and English is one of my better subjects.

I also do Geography, but I LOVE the CGP revision guides (I use them for the sciences and geography), they are amazing and so easy to grasp - I do understand that they can be a bit wordy though, but then I start reading them 3 weeks prior to the exam.

What do you plan on doing for A levels?
Reply 9
Original post by reneetaylor
brightstorm on you tube is pretty neat!

Thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 10
You have some pretty cool methods for revision, i'll check out jayates79's videos. For English, my english teacher is amazing and she gives us loads of revision materials - so i use them, I also do questions from past papers and I look at answers that have gotten A and A* grades to see what the difference is and see how I can be getting those A*s and top bands in English.

If you find a better way on how to revise English please tell me, I am currently doing the English Literature stuff on poetry and I am doing a retake of the English Language paper - I need to get an A* on it, because I plan on doing English Lit for A levels and English is one of my better subjects.

I also do Geography, but I LOVE the CGP revision guides (I use them for the sciences and geography), they are amazing and so easy to grasp - I do understand that they can be a bit wordy though, but then I start reading them 3 weeks prior to the exam.

What do you plan on doing for A levels?

yeah i basically revise in the same way for english though i tend not to do a lot for it- not really bothered about getting an A* for it. are you on WJEC?
CGP isnt for me, not because its wordy but just because it isnt structured and it doesnt go into enough detail for me, i like making my own notes for each subject.

i'm going to do maths, biology, chemistry and economics/geography/something else.

what about you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending