The Student Room Group

Difficult Maths Assignment!

DELETED!

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by RobChimaera
I've got this question on my maths assignment and i have no idea how to tackle it, probably because i don't listen much in class!

Three maths assignments are supposed to be due in today but i haven't even completed the first one yet, so i could really do with some help on this!

Because the question is quite long i have took a photo instead of writing it all out, you guys can make it bigger by clicking on the photo.

IMG_20130404_153009.jpg

Clearly there is more to this than just 'a^2 + b^2 = c^2', but all i know is that i need to work out the distance between two objects using the Pythagoras theorem...

Hopefully some of you will be able to help, i would really appreciate it someone could point me in the right direction with this.

Thanks everyone! :smile:

Please bear in mind i am a bit of a thicko when it comes to maths, so please don't write really complicated answers which i won't be able to understand! :wink:

What exactly have you done? If you haven't done anything yet, your first step would be to draw a diagram.
I've got this question on my maths assignment and i have no idea how to tackle it, probably because i don't listen much in class!

Three maths assignments are supposed to be due in today but i haven't even completed the first one yet, so i could really do with some help on this!

Because the question is quite long i have took a photo instead of writing it all out, you guys can make it bigger by clicking on the photo.

IMG_20130404_153009.jpg

Clearly there is more to this than just 'a^2 + b^2 = c^2', but all i know is that i need to work out the distance between two objects using the Pythagoras theorem...

Hopefully some of you will be able to help, i would really appreciate it someone could point me in the right direction with this.

Thanks everyone! :smile:

Please bear in mind i am a bit of a thicko when it comes to maths, so please don't write really complicated answers which i won't be able to understand! :wink:

TSR is not a homework service. If you let us see your attempt at an answer we can hint where you might go next. Does this assignment count towards your final mark because, if so, you should not be asking for help at all?
Ah sorry, i thought it would be okay to ask for help on here. I'd love to give this question an attempt to show you some form of effort, but i don't really know where to start with it as i have absolutely no idea what to do.

I'll take your advice and draw a diagram to begin with, then maybe if i post it up that will be a good start.

Thanks!

Sounds like a plan.

Quick Reply

Latest