The Student Room Group

Achieving the best grades at higher

Hi! I’m about to start S5 and do my highers, im studying English, Maths, Human bio, chem, and physics. I’m aware that these subjects together are difficult but are honestly what I enjoy :biggrin:
Just wondering if people can guide me in the right direction to help me achieve the best grades as i want to study dentistry at uni :smile:
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Dawudk
Hi! I’m about to start S5 and do my highers, im studying English, Maths, Human bio, chem, and physics. I’m aware that these subjects together are difficult but are honestly what I enjoy :biggrin:
Just wondering if people can guide me in the right direction to help me achieve the best grades as i want to study dentistry at uni :smile:

I actually did all of those subjects at higher too! Just keep on top of your work and make sure you’re completing things your teachers have asked you to do like homework and the assignments/folio for english. Use resources like flashcards, past paper questions, YouTube videos etc. to help your knowledge and understanding. Try techniques like blurting too for active recall. They’re all really good courses and if you enjoy them it’ll give you motivation. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by cammy5
I actually did all of those subjects at higher too! Just keep on top of your work and make sure you’re completing things your teachers have asked you to do like homework and the assignments/folio for english. Use resources like flashcards, past paper questions, YouTube videos etc. to help your knowledge and understanding. Try techniques like blurting too for active recall. They’re all really good courses and if you enjoy them it’ll give you motivation. Good luck!

Ahh thank you! so scared loool
Reply 3
Original post by Dawudk

I did the same, except for I did Biology not Human. I recommend using anki for memorizing all of the course content and past papers for knowing how to answer exam questions, good luck!
Yo man.
I done higher maths, english and physics as you are doing ( and got all A's)
Honestly higher have a worse reputation than they should- as long as you're able to keep on top of your work in class and revision out-with you'll be calm.Something I would suggest for higher physics is to make sure you have the basic concepts down completely- a concrete understanding means that when the more difficult questions come up in the actual paper you'll have a idea of how to answer it even if you don't understand the whole question. Common sense goes a LONG way in my experience. Good luck with everything mate. (Original post by Dawudk)
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by a$ap_pranjol
Yo man.
I done higher maths, english and physics as you are doing ( and got all A's)
Honestly higher have a worse reputation than they should- as long as you're able to keep on top of your work in class and revision out-with you'll be calm.Something I would suggest for higher physics is to make sure you have the basic concepts down completely- a concrete understanding means that when the more difficult questions come up in the actual paper you'll have a idea of how to answer it even if you don't understand the whole question. Common sense goes a LONG way in my experience. Good luck with everything mate. (Original post by Dawudk)

Ahh thank u so much, I’m actually so scared for physics since I don’t really understand physics theory (prefer calculations) so thanks ! Also well done on the results
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending