The Student Room Group

How should I write an introduction?

I am writing an essay, and my original introduction talked about whether or not I agreed with a statement. My teacher told me not to agree or disagree with the statement in my intro, and to write something else instead. What sort of things should I write about? The statement is about the lack of individuality in Shakespearean comedy. Ideas please?
Reply 1
Original post by JodieW
I am writing an essay, and my original introduction talked about whether or not I agreed with a statement. My teacher told me not to agree or disagree with the statement in my intro, and to write something else instead. What sort of things should I write about? The statement is about the lack of individuality in Shakespearean comedy. Ideas please?

Give some definition/context to any terminology in the essay title. Outline an argument based on the individuality in Shakespearean comedy ie very brief points for and against the statement that you'll write about in the essay.

Don't give your opinion yet, that comes in the conclusion.
Reply 2
Original post by elliot_123
Something like...
In this essay I will be analyzing and evaluating if there is any truth in the following statement "there is a Lack of individuality in Shakespeare's comedies". Some of Shakespeares most notably comedies are... (brief history of Shakespeares and his comedies)

Can't really help more, I know very little about Shakespeares history or works.
Hope this helps.
Posted from TSR Mobile

And ignore this.
Reply 3
Original post by .JJ
And ignore this.

Cheers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending