The Student Room Group

Chemical Engineering revision techniques

I'm finding revision at university very different and unfamiliar. I was wondering what are some good revision techniques for university exams, particularly if there are any specific ones for engineering.

Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
Am studying 2nd year of chemical engineering and what I tend to do is understand the theory behind the modules. In university it's not a good idea to use the same method as that of college/sixth form I.e. it's better not to learn mainly the meanings of things or memorise certain equations for exams, but instead once you understand the theory behind certain things it is easier to know the meanings and equations. Also keep practicing don't let it off to the last minute! Be organised and do extra reading. The point of university is that you are independent and do extra/independent revision concerning your course before hand that is why lectures tend to provide you with module delivery patterns. YouTube contains a lot of videos on studying and organisation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by NuriaM
Am studying 2nd year of chemical engineering and what I tend to do is understand the theory behind the modules. In university it's not a good idea to use the same method as that of college/sixth form I.e. it's better not to learn mainly the meanings of things or memorise certain equations for exams, but instead once you understand the theory behind certain things it is easier to know the meanings and equations. Also keep practicing don't let it off to the last minute! Be organised and do extra reading. The point of university is that you are independent and do extra/independent revision concerning your course before hand that is why lectures tend to provide you with module delivery patterns. YouTube contains a lot of videos on studying and organisation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks, wish i knew this from day one

Quick Reply

Latest