The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

UCL MSc International Public Policy 2013-2014

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone else will be attending the International Public Policy (IPP) MSc program at UCL this fall- where are you from and old are you? I will be 27 when I start the program.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah. From Barrow-in-Furness originally, but have lived in Columbus, Ohio, USA for 13 years. Will be 22 at start.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Hi there! I am from Hong Kong and I am 24. Can't wait for the programme to start :biggrin:
Reply 3
Hello. I'm from Ireland but currently living in Korea. I have a place for September but I'm still deciding whether to defer it or not :confused:.
Reply 4
Hi, I'll also be doing IPP at UCL in September. I'm 20 and studying International Management in Cardiff at the moment, but I'm actually from London :smile:
I will be 23 when I start. I'm from the U.S.
I'm utterly torn between this course and the MA International Relations at KCL

Can't decide :frown:
Reply 7
I've also been accepted into King's for their International Conflict Studies MA...but am leaning towards the UCL IPP program.

I'm a 25 year old female from Toronto, Canada.
Original post by tgn
I've also been accepted into King's for their International Conflict Studies MA...but am leaning towards the UCL IPP program.

I'm a 25 year old female from Toronto, Canada.

I chose KCL in the end. UCL's links with employers are pitiful, I emailed them about their links and they basically said they didnt have any. War Studies department has much better links with think tanks, and international organizations
Reply 9
Original post by JeanLucPicardMan
I chose KCL in the end. UCL's links with employers are pitiful, I emailed them about their links and they basically said they didnt have any. War Studies department has much better links with think tanks, and international organizations

I declined an offer for an MA in War Studies at KCL for an MSc in Security Studies at UCL -- I'm considering switching to PP or IPP, but am pretty happy with security studies -- because the KCL MA is just too general, academic, and light on methods. That said, I wonder every day if I've made a mistake.

In regards to KCL connections: How are they in regards to international (specifically US) connections to think tanks and the like? I made a decision that alumni network didn't really matter either way, since I'd be returning to Washington D.C. upon completion. What's your opinion on the matter?
Reply 10
Original post by JeanLucPicardMan

Nevermind. We've spoken about this at length already.
Original post by Gannicus
Nevermind. We've spoken about this at length already.

Scott? Haha
Original post by ru892
Hi, I'll also be doing IPP at UCL in September. I'm 20 and studying International Management in Cardiff at the moment, but I'm actually from London :smile:

Oh that's a big change :-) congrats. Why this course though? What do you plan on doing after?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Londoner, 22 and very excited about IPP at UCL although I have yet to get an offer as I only recently sent off my application. My undergraduate at SOAS is very different from IPP but I hope this won't be an issue.
Reply 14
Anyone after course books for this, I am selling:

Stiglitz - Economics of the public sector (for Public Policy Economics Analysis)
Acock - A gentle introduction to Stata
Agresti and Finlay - Statistical Methods for the Social Sciences (both for Quantitative Methods)

All in excellent condition! Message me for details
Original post by ym1206
Anyone after course books for this, I am selling:

Stiglitz - Economics of the public sector (for Public Policy Economics Analysis)
Acock - A gentle introduction to Stata
Agresti and Finlay - Statistical Methods for the Social Sciences (both for Quantitative Methods)

All in excellent condition! Message me for details

What are you doing now you've graduated?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by iamsuperwoman
What are you doing now you've graduated?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well there's still a month of dissertation to go, but for September I've managed to get an internship with the OSCE based in the Hague.

There's a real mix across the course though - a few of my friends on the course have managed to secure internships/grad schemes with NATO, NATO Defense College, various embassies or high commissions, UNESCO, an environmental development think tank, an education charity, and an international development NGO, to name a few off the top of my head! There's also a few starting PhDs, and some more on the job hunt.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ym1206
Well there's still a month of dissertation to go, but for September I've managed to get an internship with the OSCE based in the Hague.

There's a real mix across the course though - a few of my friends on the course have managed to secure internships/grad schemes with NATO, NATO Defense College, various embassies or high commissions, UNESCO, an environmental development think tank, an education charity, and an international development NGO, to name a few off the top of my head! There's also a few starting PhDs, and some more on the job hunt.

Hi, if I messaged you...around mid sept would you be able to read my ps? xxxx pretty please.. BTWWW WELL DONEEEEEEEEEE!! Doyou think UCL is that reputable? are your course mates sort after? or is it all a hype xx
Original post by redhood09
Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone else will be attending the International Public Policy (IPP) MSc program at UCL this fall- where are you from and old are you? I will be 27 when I start the program.

Hi there! I'm 27 too. I'm originally from Warwick but have been working in Chile for the past 3 years since graduating from St. Andrews in Scotland. From what I can see so far, and from what i've heard, this course atrracts a range of people of all different age groups, although I am slightly worried I may be among the oldest! :smile:
Reply 19
Hello, I'll be in the IPP program in September as well. I'm 25 and from the US. Super excited to meet everyone!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending