The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Unit 1 May 14th 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Blueray2
Yeah i'll have to read through mine like 3 times lol and talk about it :biggrin: Thats good!

I find it hilarious when you are talking out loud about facts and you hear a family member walking outside the room and you have to awkwardly stop talking until they have gone :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Yeah i'll have to read through mine like 3 times lol and talk about it :biggrin: Thats good! Never knew about the Wallasea Island, Essex ???

ye Wallasea Island is a pretty small, easy case study to learn, this website is where we got all our info for it - it was class homework to make the case study ourselves.

http://www.geography.org.uk/resources/flooding/wallaseaisland/links/

You have to click 'Wallasea island' link to the left of the page
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by homefind
ye Wallasea Island is a pretty small, easy case study to learn, this website is where we got all our info for it - it was class homework to make the case study ourselves.

http://www.geography.org.uk/resources/flooding/wallaseaisland/links/

You have to click 'Wallasea island' link to the left of the page
Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha yeah so true!
:biggrin: Thanks, but it seems more complex than the cgp, maybe because its laid out so nicley in the cgp one lol :biggrin:
Reply 63
Haha yeah so true!
:biggrin: Thanks, but it seems more complex than the cgp, maybe because its laid out so nicley in the cgp one lol :biggrin:

Ye :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, im doing this as well :smile:

Does anyone know what are the differences between positive and negative feedback loops?
I'm doing rivers, coasts, population and health :smile:

Is this with population?

Our teacher told us to think about it as positive checks positively reduced the population whereas negative checks stopped it from increasing. I think"
Reply 65
What mark did you get for them? :smile: Say the number, i got 13 for my one :smile:

Yeah i'll have to use the cgp for that as well :smile:

Oh are you going to use the case study in the cgp book for coasts? The one on holderness coast and blackwater etc?

How are you memorizing all of this content? :smile:

Which topic did you get 13 for? Human? Etc. I've got high level 3 answers for coasts. I mostly need model answers for human and population. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jaydude
Which topic did you get 13 for? Human? Etc. I've got high level 3 answers for coasts. I mostly need model answers for human and population. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep for population, what topic was yours? :biggrin:
Original post by JLKeating
Is this with population?

Our teacher told us to think about it as positive checks positively reduced the population whereas negative checks stopped it from increasing. I think"

Can you please take pictures of population stuff from that booklet if you've done it / answered 15 markers? :biggrin: I'll give you on that I got 13/15 on as well :smile:

Thanks!
Can you please take pictures of population stuff from that booklet if you've done it / answered 15 markers? :biggrin: I'll give you on that I got 13/15 on as well :smile:

Thanks!

We had a different teacher for Population and Energy Issues so don't have booklets like with Rivers and Glaciation so my notes are dreadful, sorry!
Original post by JLKeating
We had a different teacher for Population and Energy Issues so don't have booklets like with Rivers and Glaciation so my notes are dreadful, sorry!

Haha np :smile: Ill use the cgp :biggrin:
Reply 70
Haha np :smile: Ill use the cgp :biggrin:

Be careful with using just the CGP, I've noticed it doesn't have anything on Malthus/Boserup/Club of Rome

Posted from TSR Mobile
Be careful with using just the CGP, I've noticed it doesn't have anything on Malthus/Boserup/Club of Rome

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the warning :smile: Will have to use the fat blue textbook as well :colone:
Reply 72
Thanks for the warning :smile: Will have to use the fat blue textbook as well :colone:

No problem :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you doing health as well? :tongue:
Send me your coast notes :colone:
Reply 74
Are you doing health as well? :tongue:
Send me your coast notes :colone:

No I'm doing energy issues, erm I can't :tongue: they are on paper not on PC :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
No I'm doing energy issues, erm I can't :tongue: they are on paper not on PC :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha take a pic/scan them i'll do the same with mine :biggrin:
Reply 76
Haha take a pic/scan them i'll do the same with mine :biggrin:

noooo way that would take too long :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
noooo way that would take too long :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

loool pm'd
Reply 78
Hey guys just been looking at a past paper and this question came up in coasts section - 'Explain the causes of sea level change and the formation of resultant coastal landforms' is this on about submergent and emergent landforms??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 79
Original post by Jaydude
Thanks! :biggrin:

Geo1.jpgGeo2.jpg
It's by no means perfect (it could be significantly more concise, and i have dreadful grammar) but it got 15/15 and was the only example i could find i did in a timed exam conditions (it was a mock) that was actually presentable. My handwriting is usually a lot worse than this XD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending