The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Unit 1 May 14th 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Original post by Dazed.
Do you have lots of mini ones too? I seem to :/

YES!!! I didn't want to put them down in case it confused people, but especially with energy there are loads of mini ones, like all of them for non-renewable also the conferences like Copenhagen/Kyoto :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by homefind
Rivers = Flooding in MEDC + LEDC = Boscaslte and Bangladesh
Hard Engineering = What they have done in Boscastle
Soft Engineering = River Quaggy

Coasts = Flooding = Towyn, Wales + Hurricane Katrina
Coastal Erosion = Holderness
Hard and Soft Engineering = what they did in holderness (hard) and Wallasea island

Population = Pop + Pop policy = India, china, Mauritius
Rural - Urban Characteristics = Rusholme, Manchester and South Lakeland.
Urban/Suburbs/Urban-Rural Fringe/Rural = Preston
Migration - Poland to UK
Trans-Migration - Brazil
Forced Migration - Canary Islands to Spain
Youthful pop - Iran
Ageing - UK

Energy = Energy Mix of UK and China
Azeri Pipeline
BP Oil Spill
Falkland Islands
Russia/Ukraine Gas crisis
Chernobyl and Three Miles disaster (Nuclear debate)

Haven't learnt energy ones yet

BOOM RECALLED ALL OF THEM

Posted from TSR Mobile

Damn, I've got mine as well, need to learn everything now :colone:
Original post by Dazed.
Do you have lots of mini ones too? I seem to :/

Nope thats overkill. :tongue:
Guys when i say 27 i included like BP and all those little things like energy mix in uk and how russia have gas and little things like that! Im stuck on the case study for population about trans migration and urban rural areas? They've asked the question for urban- rural areas like twice now.. do you think they will ask again :/

I think they may ask about ageing and youthful pop or what country has used the method to decrease fertility rates or EVEN the malthus and other persons theory that pop is exceeding food supply?
Original post by TeresaLuciaC
Guys when i say 27 i included like BP and all those little things like energy mix in uk and how russia have gas and little things like that! Im stuck on the case study for population about trans migration and urban rural areas? They've asked the question for urban- rural areas like twice now.. do you think they will ask again :/

I think they may ask about ageing and youthful pop or what country has used the method to decrease fertility rates or EVEN the malthus and other persons theory that pop is exceeding food supply?

Ageing population and birth control both came up in June 2012 if I remember my exam correctly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Natalie21
Ageing population and birth control both came up in June 2012 if I remember my exam correctly?

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh okay they will probably ask that in a 6 mark question maybe instead?
Also for coasts i think they might ask about sand dunes because it hasnt come up before?
Reply 165

I'm really struggling with transmigration too! I can't remember whether we studied the USA-Mexico Border? Or Indonesia😰😰

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 166
I'm hoping the 15 marker for population is something like, explain how a country has been able to cope with a rapidly increasing population, or something to do with the DTM.

Rivers I'm hoping it will be another compare and contrast how flooding has effected different parts of the world

Coasts something to do with holderness? Soft/Hard strategies or sanddunes

Energy, how important is geopolitics - you would have to use loads of energy case studies in this one :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 167
Original post by ItsImran
I'm really struggling with transmigration too! I can't remember whether we studied the USA-Mexico Border? Or Indonesia😰😰

Posted from TSR Mobile

We did Brazil for transmigration - people moving from the rural areas like Acre and Para to Urban areas near the east coast like Rio and São Paulo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
In the population module what part of the spec does the migration stuff come under? I have stuff about Economic migration from Poland to UK and Environmental Migration from Rural Bangladesh to Urban but I cant seem to find where this stuff comes under.
Reply 169
Original post by lucasluke
In the population module what part of the spec does the migration stuff come under? I have stuff about Economic migration from Poland to UK and Environmental Migration from Rural Bangladesh to Urban but I cant seem to find where this stuff comes under.

Can't seem to find it but I think the spec is very brief, and that's why a couple of things don't seem to be in it but aqa want us to know it, as I am pretty sure it has come up before

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 170
what have people done for this? 'Case studies at national scale of two contrasting approaches to managing energy supply and demand.'

Posted from TSR Mobile
oh okay they will probably ask that in a 6 mark question maybe instead?
Also for coasts i think they might ask about sand dunes because it hasnt come up before?

It has come up :smile:
Reply 172
Original post by Blueray2
It has come up :smile:

As a 15 marker?

Posted from TSR Mobile
As a 15 marker?

Posted from TSR Mobile

:lol: no they would never do a 15 marker on that alone.
Can't seem to find it but I think the spec is very brief, and that's why a couple of things don't seem to be in it but aqa want us to know it, as I am pretty sure it has come up before

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah right, what case studies have you done for migration?
Reply 175
:lol: no they would never do a 15 marker on that alone.

I know haha, I would laugh so hard if a 15 marker came up on sand dunes, AQA would just be like TROLOLOLOLOOOLOLOLOLOLOOOLOLOOOOOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 176
Original post by lucasluke
Ah right, what case studies have you done for migration?

transmigration = brazil
Poland-UK
Canary Islands - spain (forced)
How migration effects urban patterns - Preston

Posted from TSR Mobile
I know haha, I would laugh so hard if a 15 marker came up on sand dunes, AQA would just be like TROLOLOLOLOOOLOLOLOLOLOOOLOLOOOOOL

Posted from TSR Mobile

That reminds me of the aqa twitter account hahahaha
Reply 178
That reminds me of the aqa twitter account hahahaha

OMG that is an epic account, makes me laugh all the time!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 179
Original post by anwarpwnsall
I guess I'm the Only one doing rivers, coasts, population and energy:') but good luck to everyone!:smile:
Nope, I'm doing energy too and it is a horrendous topic :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending