It's just a nicer way of ending a text.
Reply 2
Original post by queen-bee
It's just a nicer way of ending a text.

what she said ^ :smile:
Reply 3
We don't X
Reply 4
It's because they only have X chromosomes. There's a male equivalent too, don't worry Y

:tongue:
Reply 5
Original post by Vibenation
I am very confused why girls write X on end of message. I know it means Kisses correct me if am wrong. Why do they do it. Every confusing. :confused:

Another thing, don't neg me. Just saying.

And so it begins...
Reply 6
Original post by Djordje
And so it begins...

I returned the favor by negging you back. I don't like being neg for no reason.
Reply 7
Original post by Vibenation
I returned the favor by negging you back. I don't like being neg for no reason.

I love the stock people put in negs.
Cos you're the ultimate babe magnet.
I don't quite get it really. How can it mean "kiss" if most of the time you're sending it to someone you wouldn't kiss in real life?
Reply 10
some of my friends get upset and think I'm annoyed if I don't put an x so I pretty much have to with them. Then it eventually becomes habit so I end up doing it to everyone. Then I can never stop as a precedent has been set that I do and people who wouldn't of originally been bothered would notice the change and think I am annoyed with them.

its a vicious cycle of kisses.
It's just a social convention for showing affection in the sign-off. Like "best wishes" on a letter.

I think some people do them automatically as well. I swear I've had more than one angry or sad text with automatic kisses on the end. :P

(Also, not all girls do that, and some guys do it as well. Hurrah for not gender stereotyping!)
(edited 11 years ago)
cuz theyree dumbbb Xx
Plenty of guys do it too.
Reply 14
I sometimes wonder this myself, although it doesn't stop me doing it. I don't do it to everyone though, it depends what relationship I have with them. I do a few to some of my best friends and none to some of the others, it's just always been like that. If it's my first time messaging that person, I'll put an X to give the impression that I'm friendly. I have no idea why

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't... it's just friendlier I guess? I had someone get really mad at me because I didn't... get a grip :L
Reply 16
We don't do it all the time. Just to people we're close to...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Texting is awkward anyway
Need to put a smiley or x at the end to make it look better
Reply 18
I've been told by a friend who does it that it's so people know that he's not pissed off with them (because apparently the content of the message isn't enough). When he forgets I start worrying :p:
Reply 19
U mad bro? x

Latest