The Student Room Group

Maths GCSE Results Edexcel

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ozzyoscy
So you struggle to accept your limitations, you feel the need to boast/lie/exaggerate, and you're paranoid (I had no opinion whatsoever on what grade you may or may not have got, who cares?)

So I understand why you make the comments you have. I hope you relax as you get older, that's all.

What a patronizing ****!
You may have needed to revise to scrape your A, but some of us can remember what we were taught well enough to not need to and still be better than everyone else
Reply 21
Original post by Blake-inator
What a patronizing ****!
You may have needed to revise to scrape your A, but some of us can remember what we were taught well enough to not need to and still be better than everyone else

I rest my case. Hope you solve your problems. We need more love in the world, not hate.
I rest my case. Hope you solve your problems. We need more love in the world, not hate.

Actually we don't, we need to hate the right people....
Reply 23
Does anyone know what the pass criteria is as i got 34 ums points in the foundation paper does anyone know how many points you needed or what 34 points is equivalent to ?
Reply 24
Original post by DanH1337
Does anyone know what the pass criteria is as i got 34 ums points in the foundation paper does anyone know how many points you needed or what 34 points is equivalent to ?

The points are unnecessary because everyone who got the same grade got the same points.

Eg: On high 52 was an A and i think 48 was a B.

So whatever number of points you got, that is equivalent to your grade. You need to ask your teacher for the number of marks you got
Reply 25
So can I ask people who got a C at gcse foundation what was there points total?
I did Edexcel Linear in November and got a B, which I was happy with at the time because I knew I could improve it on the re-sits. Sat OCR Linear in March and got the A I wanted :biggrin:.. Well happy with my A, won't be re-sitting in Summer as I was about 30 marks off an A* and I just can't be bothered.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got a B and I'm happy with it but would really of loved an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an A, which I am really upset about because Maths is my best subject and I was predicted an A*, I'm not sure if I'm going to retake yet or not as the course I want to do at sixth form requires that I get an A* in Maths, but my teacher said he'd write me a letter of recommendation so I'm not sure yet
Reply 29
Original post by jessamelia
I got an A, which I am really upset about because Maths is my best subject and I was predicted an A*, I'm not sure if I'm going to retake yet or not as the course I want to do at sixth form requires that I get an A* in Maths, but my teacher said he'd write me a letter of recommendation so I'm not sure yet

Don't be upset, let alone really upset. You live in a mental world at the moment where things seems like life and death. In the real world, that A is going to do you no harm and get you exactly where you should be, if it even has any bearing.

And hey, if it really bothers you. you can retake it as many times in life as you want to get an A*. Until ya die anyway.
Don't be upset, let alone really upset. You live in a mental world at the moment where things seems like life and death. In the real world, that A is going to do you no harm and get you exactly where you should be, if it even has any bearing.

And hey, if it really bothers you. you can retake it as many times in life as you want to get an A*. Until ya die anyway.

I would retake it, but my school won't let me because they're prioritising those who didn't pass
Original post by HadjerBoum
Aww sorry to hear. Are you retaking?

Also one of these girls in my class got a C but towards the run up to the exam she was like it doesn't matter if she gets a C, she just wants to pass. When she got her result this girl couldn't stop crying and was like she is so upset and started having a go at me!! Ugh i was so angry lol

GCSE is bull****, don't put over-emphasis on it, trust me on that. You will realize at A2 year.
Reply 32
So you got an A* first time?

Then why did you resit?...

Well I was a few marks into an A* but didn't get an A* overall so therefore I just resat the Unit 3 exam to get a higher A* so I could get an A* overall.
Reply 33
Original post by jessamelia
I would retake it, but my school won't let me because they're prioritising those who didn't pass

I assume this will work: ask your parents to arrange with the body themself (Edexcel, AQA) to take a resit. It's prett much just a case of contacting the body and saying 'this person would like to enter the June or whatever test to resit' and arranging where to do it (presumably at your school). If your school's too ignorant to do that, someone else'll have to.

If that fails, 'eh, not the end of the world, and like I said you can retake it any year. Even just doing the exams, no classes.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 34
Original post by HadjerBoum
Aww sorry to hear. Are you retaking?

Also one of these girls in my class got a C but towards the run up to the exam she was like it doesn't matter if she gets a C, she just wants to pass. When she got her result this girl couldn't stop crying and was like she is so upset and started having a go at me!! Ugh i was so angry lol

LOL!! How did you do? probably GREAT!
Reply 35
Original post by jack-1
Got a B. Very upset and definitely resitting to get an A or try push for A*.

did u do edexcel?
Reply 36
Original post by Type 052D
GCSE is bull****, don't put over-emphasis on it, trust me on that. You will realize at A2 year.

Haha thanks and I've started AS Maths and i hate it!! I'm not sure whether i want to continue doing maths for whether i should go into English because i did get a higher grade of my English but both subjects fuel my drive ... so confused :s-smilie:
Reply 37
Original post by ahmed1997
LOL!! How did you do? probably GREAT!

I got an A :|

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending