The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Rolando McClain of the Ravens has been arrested for resisting arrest... Seriously some guys just never learn. What a waste of talent.

On the brighter side Draft on Thursday! Who's staying up to watch? :nutcase:
Reply 5701
Original post by Malevolent
Good trade for the Jets too 1st 3rd and 5th apparently.

1st and a conditional 3rd. No guaranteed money. Soooooo gutted I can't go and watch Revis Island tear it up :frown:

Probably wont watch on Thursday but definately will watch 2nd and 3rd rounds on friday.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ..DT..
1st and a conditional 3rd. No guaranteed money. Soooooo gutted I can't go and watch Revis Island tear it up :frown:

Probably wont watch on Thursday but definately will watch 2nd and 3rd rounds on friday.

Your a jets fan?!?
Oh my looks so weird but i think im gonna have to buy his jersey now that hes not a fellow AFC east rival :colone:

0ap1000000162282.jpg
Nobody wants Tebow because he's terrible. The hype is essential to his career because he would probably never have made it to the NFL without it.

He wouldn't suit a read option offense for two reasons: firstly because this is the NFL and there's no such thing. Any offense that one-dimensional will get destroyed (like the Pats did to him). Aside from the fact that you can't get far by being the best athlete on the field in the NFL, if one team is taking advantage of the rules that totally imbalance the contest between WRs and DBs in the NFL and the other team isn't (because they think they run the option) then it's so obvious who will win it's not even funny. Second even if basing your offense around the option were a thing Tebow wouldn't be the one to run it. He runs high, takes unnecessary hits and isn't an explosive enough athlete to score from anywhere on the field. I would pick Newton, Luck, RG3, Kaep or Vick to run a pure option offense ahead of Tebow and that's before we even mention that those QBs are either a few lightyears or a lot of lightyears ahead of him in the passing game.

Want someone to run your wildcat? Pick up an athletic WR or RB in the late rounds. Want someone to run the read option without knowing how to throw a spiral? Grab some QB out of D3 as a UDFA so that at least you have the cap space to let your defense do the business. Want Tim Tebow? LOL PSYCH. Nobody wants Tim Tebow.

I said at the beginning of last season that he is a future Leicester Falcon but thinking about it I'm not sure the demographic there would respond that well to Jesus. I honestly have no idea where he will end up.
Original post by The Troll Toll
Nobody wants Tebow because he's terrible. The hype is essential to his career because he would probably never have made it to the NFL without it.

He wouldn't suit a read option offense for two reasons: firstly because this is the NFL and there's no such thing. Any offense that one-dimensional will get destroyed (like the Pats did to him). Aside from the fact that you can't get far by being the best athlete on the field in the NFL, if one team is taking advantage of the rules that totally imbalance the contest between WRs and DBs in the NFL and the other team isn't (because they think they run the option) then it's so obvious who will win it's not even funny. Second even if basing your offense around the option were a thing Tebow wouldn't be the one to run it. He runs high, takes unnecessary hits and isn't an explosive enough athlete to score from anywhere on the field. I would pick Newton, Luck, RG3, Kaep or Vick to run a pure option offense ahead of Tebow and that's before we even mention that those QBs are either a few lightyears or a lot of lightyears ahead of him in the passing game.

Want someone to run your wildcat? Pick up an athletic WR or RB in the late rounds. Want someone to run the read option without knowing how to throw a spiral? Grab some QB out of D3 as a UDFA so that at least you have the cap space to let your defense do the business. Want Tim Tebow? LOL PSYCH. Nobody wants Tim Tebow.

I said at the beginning of last season that he is a future Leicester Falcon but thinking about it I'm not sure the demographic there would respond that well to Jesus. I honestly have no idea where he will end up.

Church ambassador role?
Reply 5706
Your a jets fan?!?

Hell no. Tampa fan, can't get to a game due to the 2 away games to end the season lol.

My girlfriends dad is a Jets fan though. Cant wait till week 1 :biggrin:
Original post by ..DT..
Hell no. Tampa fan, can't get to a game due to the 2 away games to end the season lol.

My girlfriends dad is a Jets fan though. Cant wait till week 1 :biggrin:

Oh right haha i see.
Aaron Hernandez out for four months... **** sake we're gonna have no receivers this year. First gronk then a.hern what next? Amendola breaks collarbone sneezing?!? Man should be trying to male it as easy as we can for Brady in his last few years instead it seems we're doing the complete opposite...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5709
Aaron Hernandez out for four months... **** sake we're gonna have no receivers this year. First gronk then a.hern what next? Amendola breaks collarbone sneezing?!? Man should be trying to male it as easy as we can for Brady in his last few years instead it seems we're doing the complete opposite...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really all that can be said or done to this is the following.

:facepalm2:

Ridiculous.
Original post by R-KAM
Really all that can be said or done to this is the following.

:facepalm2:

Ridiculous.

Its ridiculous and infuriating. Once again our Boston TE party are down. Hernandez shoulda had surgery earlier not April for crying out loud. Gronk and Hernandez not going to be at training camp. Unless Bill B pulls out a masterstroke trade we are screwed at WR. First year WR don't come in and produce unless your Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson and with our record of WR's damn just damn.
Reply 5711
Its ridiculous and infuriating. Once again our Boston TE party are down. Hernandez shoulda had surgery earlier not April for crying out loud. Gronk and Hernandez not going to be at training camp. Unless Bill B pulls out a masterstroke trade we are screwed at WR. First year WR don't come in and produce unless your Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson and with our record of WR's damn just damn.

They get injured so easy it's beggars belief. We don't know when Hernandez injured himself, probably last week playing frisbee on the beach.

We're ****ed :sigh:
Original post by R-KAM
They get injured so easy it's beggars belief. We don't know when Hernandez injured himself, probably last week playing frisbee on the beach.

We're ****ed :sigh:

Apparently its a while back but they didn't want to do anything see if it could heal without surgery...

Amendola should be getting injured soon anyway. Then all 3 can get close in the infirmary.

Seattle looked stacked, 49ers look good with a bunch of draft picks as well. Bronco's lost Dummervil but they got Wes... What did we get?
Reply 5713
Apparently its a while back but they didn't want to do anything see if it could heal without surgery...

Amendola should be getting injured soon anyway. Then all 3 can get close in the infirmary.

Seattle looked stacked, 49ers look good with a bunch of draft picks as well. Bronco's lost Dummervil but they got Wes... What did we get?

Really? That's criminal then.

They'll certainly spend plenty of time in there with each other aye, sigh.

We got an elite QB for half his market value? :laugh:

:cry:
Original post by R-KAM
Really? That's criminal then.

They'll certainly spend plenty of time in there with each other aye, sigh.

We got an elite QB for half his market value? :laugh:

:cry:

It really is. I feel for Brady. He took a much smaller contract then he could have got presumably so we could get Wes back and a few more weapons. Instead we lost lots of weapons and haven't adequately replaced them.

I just can't see how we can get a WR to really come in and produce from year one. Our system is notoriously hard to crack many pros have tried and failed and you want to try a rookie from bottom first round pretty much a second round pick?!?

So much doubt. With our schedule we should still win 10-11 but playoffs? Can't see us making much noise unless theres something Bill knows that we don't... Who knows maybe our defense will step up since its very young to lessen the work load on Brady.

Seattle though my god what a team... Shame unless the cap goes up by a bit in the coming seasons their gonna have to gut it. Contracts like Wilson and Sherman come to mind. Win now mode.
Reply 5715
There enough interest for Fantasy league ya think? :holmes:
Original post by R-KAM
There enough interest for Fantasy league ya think? :holmes:

I dunno haha i would love to do one but only if we could actually keep it going and not fizzle out after the first few weeks :tongue:
Reply 5717
I dunno haha i would love to do one but only if we could actually keep it going and not fizzle out after the first few weeks :tongue:

That's very true. I'm also trying to find a diddys guide to it, can't find one :lol:
Original post by R-KAM
That's very true. I'm also trying to find a diddys guide to it, can't find one :lol:

man draft in 2 days!!! Ahhhhhh. Wonder which QB will go next after Geno.
Reply 5719
man draft in 2 days!!! Ahhhhhh. Wonder which QB will go next after Geno.

AJ manuel, to the Buccs in the 2nd round.

Latest