The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5740
Original post by Malevolent
x

You reckon a QB will be picked in 1st round?
Original post by 419
You reckon a QB will be picked in 1st round?

Yup even though I don't think there are any first round ones. Same with running backs terrible draft for those two positions.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5742
Disagree. Whichever team takes Geno Smith will get a very good QB.
I expect he'll go in the top 8 picks

Remember in 2011 Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder were all gone by the 12th pick.
I expect something similar this year, but this crop of QBs is probably better than those (although 2011 had some decent QBs in Newton, Dalton and Kaepernick of course).

With the 9th and 13th pick the Jets will DEFINITELY pick a QB too.
(edited 11 years ago)
Ravens will take Te'o 32nd, or trade out of the 1st round altogether.

Also dunno how many of you already like them, but for UK-based football news you can't beat a bit of Double Coverage: https://www.facebook.com/Dblcoverage?fref=ts
Reply 5744
Original post by munn

Remember in 2011 Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder were all gone by the 12th pick.
I expect something similar this year, but this crop of QBs is probably better than those (although 2011 had some decent QBs in Newton, Dalton and Kaepernick of course).

But, it's because of the failings of that class that makes me think not many will go in first round. I'm not sold on any of them at ll but it's QB, teams are willing to risk a lot on even the smallest of possibilities on QBs. All the QBs in this class seems to be coming out with resume akins to the Locker, Gabbert and Ponders rather than Newton.

You just know the JETS are going to pick Matt barkley. Another USC alum :lol:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5745
Original post by munn

If smith is off the board I highly doubt it.
I'd like the Texans to go get Arthur Brown from K-State. Awesome open-field tackler, and quick enough to cover tight ends over the middle. Granted he's not an elite Passrusher, but c'mon, we have Watt and Smith to put pressure on the QB on any given down as well as Mercilus, who is a pass-rush machine on the edge. Brown could start immediately at ILB next to Brian Cushing. We have to draft a WR too, no doubt about, but I'd rather have us go WR in the second round, because the class is quite deep with receivers. Then go NT/OLB in the third, maybe RB/OT in the fourth and fifth and finally pick up what's left on the board, maybe a small school WR (I'm looking at you, Jasper Collins) and Tyrann Mathieu, if he's in danger of going undraftet.
Original post by Sir Killalot
Who does everybody want their team to draft?

As I Ravens fan I'm hoping for either a Safety or ILB.
Anybody from Elam, Reid, Minter or Ogletree and I'll be very happy.
I wouldn't put it past us to trade out of the first though to a team looking for a QB late in the round. This will be very annoying as I'll have stayed up till god knows when to see us not even make a pick, just like last year!

I'm a Rams fan.

Ideally, I'd love us to pick one of Johnathan Cooper/Chance Warmack (one of them will slide like DeCastro did last year) or Kenny Vaccarro at 16.

22nd pick is the one where I'll think we'll get the WR, hopefully Deandre Hopkins. The more I see of him, the more I like him. Plus our coaching staff have met with him several times now - whether this is just a smokescreen or genuine, I don't know. Would be open to trading out of the first round here too.

As for the 2nd and 3rd rounds, there's a couple of guys I'd love us to pick up. Kyle Long (Chris Long's brother) would be awesome in the 2nd if we didn't take a G in the 1st. And then Bacarri Rambo would be a great addition in the 3rd. Ryan Swope and Kenny Stills are both interesting prospects as well.

As for you guys, your pick's got Te'o written all over it, as someone's already said. It just seems too perfect - Lewis gone, replaced by another headline-stealer.
Reply 5748
http://predictpick.nfl.com/

group: TSR
pass: TSR.
Reply 5749
E-mailed a team that's started up near me. Hopefully get some games or training.

I hope their QB's are gash :ninja:
Original post by R-KAM
E-mailed a team that's started up near me. Hopefully get some games or training.

I hope their QB's are gash :ninja:

You want to be a QB eh? Takes a lot of work :tongue:
Original post by ..DT..
http://predictpick.nfl.com/

group: TSR
pass: TSR.

Just joined. Might have made 2 entries though, my name appears twice in the group list :colondollar:
Reply 5752
You want to be a QB eh? Takes a lot of work :tongue:

Of course I do! I'm amazing in Madden! :laugh:

Aye? Tried it?

What do I have to do? I do tend to work hard. Plus Brady is an inspiration with his work ethic. :dumbells:
3 British players hoping to get drafted.

-Tom Wort i dont think will get drafted he made a dumb move i think should have stayed one more year.
- Lawrence Okaye maybe a 6th or 7th round due to his physical stats and such but hes raw as hell and we've seen more athletic try out and fail.
- Menelik Watson possibly a late first round :redface:

Original post by R-KAM
Of course I do! I'm amazing in Madden! :laugh:

Aye? Tried it?

What do I have to do? I do tend to work hard. Plus Brady is an inspiration with his work ethic. :dumbells:

Ahahaha :laugh:

I'm too small to be a quarterback 5 ft 9 if im generous. Well you gotta be able to make reads at the LOS and remember all the plays and such. Its as much mental as it is Physical. I can throw haha but nah I'l stick to being a Slot receiver and K/PR :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5754
Ahahaha :laugh:

I'm too small to be a quarterback 5 ft 9 if im generous. Well you gotta be able to make reads at the LOS and remember all the plays and such. Its as much mental as it is Physical. I can throw haha but nah I'l stick to being a Slot receiver and K/PR :tongue:

:biggrin:

I'm 5ft 10, maybe 11. Another reason I wish I was a bit taller. Still going to give it a go anyway. Russell Wilson is the same height :ninja:

That's true. If they get back to me I'll see how it goes and let you know! I can see me ending up as a SR/WR/RB though aye :lol:

EDIT: BUT NOT REALLY. I WANT TO BE A QB SO WILL BE A QB. BELIEVE INNIT! :pirate2:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by R-KAM
:biggrin:

I'm 5ft 10, maybe 11. Another reason I wish I was a bit taller. Still going to give it a go anyway. Russell Wilson is same height :ninja:

That's true. If they get back to me I'll see how it goes and let you know! I can see me ending up as a SR/WR/RB though aye :lol:

Yeah haha don't always have to go as a QB. I find here in the UK teams run way more then the pass. So RB get a **** load of action. Also so many of them run 4-4 defences :laugh:

You could also be a nickel corner but thats seriously tough work.
Reply 5756
Yeah haha don't always have to go as a QB. I find here in the UK teams run way more then the pass. So RB get a **** load of action. Also so many of them run 4-4 defences :laugh:

You could also be a nickel corner but thats seriously tough work.

I'm not an astronaut, so QB is the next best thing. Stick at it and I can do what I want eh? :laugh:

Yeah, no doubt. 4-4 defence? Christ :rofl2:

Aye? Hmmm. I'll have to see what they think. :holmes:
Original post by R-KAM
I'm not an astronaut, so QB is the next best thing. Stick at it and I can do what I want eh? :laugh:

Yeah, no doubt. 4-4 defence? Christ :rofl2:

Aye? Hmmm. I'll have to see what they think. :holmes:

Go for it should be fun :tongue:

Yup 4-4 defence to stop the run :laugh Almost every team i see employs that.

Corner and Safety require a shedload of stamina though.
Reply 5758
Go for it should be fun :tongue:

Yup 4-4 defence to stop the run :laugh Almost every team i see employs that.

Corner and Safety require a shedload of stamina though.

I've got a ball already that I toss about a bit. Been reading up and watching youtube vids on proper mechanics. Will toss it at something some nights :laugh:

Pretty weak to the deep pass if you can manage it :holmes:

Do you play often then?
Original post by R-KAM
I've got a ball already that I toss about a bit. Been reading up and watching youtube vids on proper mechanics. Will toss it at something some nights :laugh:

Pretty weak to the deep pass if you can manage it :holmes:

Do you play often then?

Good what i did was basically carry my ball around wherever i went to get use to getting a grip on the ball. Cause i have small hands so i needed to improve my grip i carried the ball everywhere.

Your throws should be pretty hard as well like i mean the person catching it after a few their hands should hurt :tongue:

Yup play in the BAFL .

Latest