The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ..DT..
Can you say #gabberted?

Whats that haha? At the end of the day though the Bills wanted him from the start and got their man.
Reply 5801
Pats :yawn:

Geno Smith not going to the draft today apparently, petulant sod :laugh:
Reply 5802
Original post by Malevolent
Whats that haha? At the end of the day though the Bills wanted him from the start and got their man.

Definitely a Blaine Gabbert esque reach. I think the Bills saw that Austin had gone and thought f it, we don't really care who we get now, lets stir up a storm.
Reply 5803
Well I'm glad I didn't stay up to watch the Cowboys pick a 3rd rounder...

----

Tom
Didn't expect so many O-Line to get picked. Especially a centre in the first round!
You got Percy Garvin so it's not to bad :tongue:

Hope we get hunter and Woods. As well as the honey badger. What rounds are today?

Did anyone see Geno Smith how upset he looked? Feel for the guy.

I'm not complaining as such - I just think the draft is cool and want to see Seahawks get a cool rookie. But oh well :tongue:

Round 2 and 3 today me thinks, starts at midnight over here!

Original post by cant_think_of_name
I'm not complaining as such - I just think the draft is cool and want to see Seahawks get a cool rookie. But oh well :tongue:

Round 2 and 3 today me thinks, starts at midnight over here!

Yeah Seahawks draft well recently. I'm pretty happy with our trade to get a few more picks. Ahh okay thanks man!
I like Hopkins, good route runner and potentially instant starter. Reminds me of Rhoddy White a lot... he catches what you throw to him and is pretty damn reliable, but he won't race past cornerbacks. We could have picked Patterson, but that kid is raw... too much risk I'm afraid, we need a guy who can step up right off the bat and apparently Hopkins is our man.
Original post by ProgFeanor
I like Hopkins, good route runner and potentially instant starter. Reminds me of Rhoddy White a lot... he catches what you throw to him and is pretty damn reliable, but he won't race past cornerbacks. We could have picked Patterson, but that kid is raw... too much risk I'm afraid, we need a guy who can step up right off the bat and apparently Hopkins is our man.

Good pick up. Apparently the Pats wanted him and once he wasn't there Pats traded down.
Good pick up. Apparently the Pats wanted him and once he wasn't there Pats traded down.

I guess that's because both the pats and texans need a mature wide receiver, not the boom-or-bust type, which is why both teams passed on Patterson. He's a good fit with the Vikes though, and the pats get their guy in the second. I'm thinking robert woods here.
I guess that's because both the pats and texans need a mature wide receiver, not the boom-or-bust type, which is why both teams passed on Patterson. He's a good fit with the Vikes though, and the pats get their guy in the second. I'm thinking robert woods here.

Woods Hunter Dobson many possibilities. We need more then 1 receiver haha :tongue: I like that pick up though by the Texans. Great route runner and most rounded of the prospects.

Vikings had a day though eh?
Original post by R-KAM
Haha, true that!

Christ sake, that's crazy. Did you invest in gloves then aye? Must be crazy catching passes from RG3 and stuff :laugh:

Aye go for it, James Bond :top: :laugh:

Original post by R-KAM
Pats :yawn:

Geno Smith not going to the draft today apparently, petulant sod :laugh:

Yeah funny enough I'm actually going to buy a new pair of gloves today. My Cutters and Vapor Jets are not holding up too well anymore that i think its time for a new pair. Also don't make the mistake if you try for a receiver position of catching with like your chest and back of the arms. Use just your hands pretty much otherwise you will end up with forearms that look like you've self harmed :laugh: Plus most the time it will bounce straight off.

4 draft picks though is pretty awesome. 2,3,4 and 7 :tongue:
Woods Hunter Dobson many possibilities. We need more then 1 receiver haha :tongue: I like that pick up though by the Texans. Great route runner and most rounded of the prospects.

Vikings had a day though eh?

Definitely. In turn, they picked up both Floyd and Patterson, and I can only assume both of those prospects were falling for a reason. Hope it works out for them though, can't stand the rest of the NFC North. :biggrin:
Definitely. In turn, they picked up both Floyd and Patterson, and I can only assume both of those prospects were falling for a reason. Hope it works out for them though, can't stand the rest of the NFC North. :biggrin:

They all had character concerns didn't they? and Patterson is extremely raw but physically a beast. But like you said there has to be a good reason they went later then mocked.

Can't wait for today though hopefully double dip receiver and a cornerback :colone: as well as OL/TE. After draft then sign Abraham and I'l be pretty damn happy about this free agency/draft.
Reply 5814
Got a feeling tampa will take something boring like a OT with the 11th pick of this round unfortunately :/
Reply 5815
Still in shock about the EJ Manuel pick.
Original post by 419

Mmm of all the QB's to go first round they went with Manuel. Like i think me and you said this is an extremely poor QB class but i would have thought Smith, Nassib and Barkley would all go before.

Smith looked a destroyed man, Nassib must have felt like he was kicked in the balls since the bills guy coached Nassib at Syracuse :laugh:
Original post by 419

Yeah, but let's be honest, Cowboys take the cake.
Reply 5818
Yeah funny enough I'm actually going to buy a new pair of gloves today. My Cutters and Vapor Jets are not holding up too well anymore that i think its time for a new pair. Also don't make the mistake if you try for a receiver position of catching with like your chest and back of the arms. Use just your hands pretty much otherwise you will end up with forearms that look like you've self harmed :laugh: Plus most the time it will bounce straight off.

4 draft picks though is pretty awesome. 2,3,4 and 7 :tongue:

So don't catch it like you would as a goalie or a rugby player then! Noted! I'll totally be throwing it though :wink2:

Ta for the tips though man :smile:

It is! 2 WR, a corner and...? DT/DE? Need moar pash rush or some help for Wilfork I think maybe.
Original post by R-KAM
So don't catch it like you would as a goalie or a rugby player then! Noted! I'll totally be throwing it though :wink2:

Ta for the tips though man :smile:

It is! 2 WR, a corner and...? DT/DE? Need moar pash rush or some help for Wilfork I think maybe.

No it will hurt like made and because of how hard QB throw it would most likely bounce straight off. Only collect it like that in screen passes where your completely open and have time. Its hard at first getting used to catching with your "fingers" not the palms of your hand but after a while you should get used to it.

definitely Double dip Wide Receivers. 1 Cornerback. Nah not DT we got Tommy Kelly and Armstead. DL perhaps but i would rather we just sign Abraham. TE/OL maybe?

Latest