The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ProgFeanor
Hey, I returned a punt once! And fumbled it.

Doh :laugh:

I love Special teams its the most fun part of the game :tongue:
Hahahaha oh man. Yeah. Okay. How the hell do I go about bulking up? I need to put on like 40 pounds by the looks :tongue:
Original post by cant_think_of_name
Hahahaha oh man. Yeah. Okay. How the hell do I go about bulking up? I need to put on like 40 pounds by the looks :tongue:

Depends try at least get to 155-170 pounds. My lord 40 pounds :laugh:

Though at your size you probably didn't need to bulk up as much as i did considering how small i am.
Original post by Malevolent
Depends try at least get to 155-170 pounds. My lord 40 pounds :laugh:

Though at your size you probably didn't need to bulk up as much as i did considering how small i am.

Hahaha I know sometimes it is cool having such a metabolism but other times not so :rolleyes:

I really want to play American footballl... I've sort of fallen in love with it over the past few months :tongue: thing is, I can't skate, I'm shocking at (association) football, lack the reflexes for baseball and am not tall enough for basketball... my only other good sport is cross country :colondollar:
Hahaha I know sometimes it is cool having such a metabolism but other times not so :rolleyes:

I really want to play American footballl... I've sort of fallen in love with it over the past few months :tongue: thing is, I can't skate, I'm shocking at (association) football, lack the reflexes for baseball and am not tall enough for basketball... my only other good sport is cross country :colondollar:

Yeah in a way thats good at least your not overweight :tongue:

What are you like speed, agility wise?
Original post by Malevolent
Yeah in a way thats good at least your not overweight :tongue:

What are you like speed, agility wise?

I'm more suited to long distance but I have a decent sprint on me... I'm also pretty decent with vision and stuff but I don't really know because I've never really done much like this before :rolleyes:
I'm more suited to long distance but I have a decent sprint on me... I'm also pretty decent with vision and stuff but I don't really know because I've never really done much like this before :rolleyes:

Have you ever played Running back? Good vision is maybe the rarest skill in any RB even at pro-level because the game is just so goddamn fast.

Original post by ProgFeanor
Have you ever played Running back? Good vision is maybe the rarest skill in any RB even at pro-level because the game is just so goddamn fast.

Yeah you need to be able to see the holes and gaps to attack. Also though if your that light for a running back you will almost certainly not make it to the end of the game. Its absolutely bruising.
Forgot about this thread.

You guys have heard about the 49ers signing the 300lb British discus olympian?

Lawrence Okoye. Guy's a ****ing beast... bloody hell. This sure will be an interesting project. Wonder if they'll play him as an OLB or a 3-4 DE.
Physical specimen but there have been many physical beasts and many have not made it. This guy hasn't even played a down of football so he's very much developmental. Definitely think he's 3-4. 49ers have that luxury of putting him on the practice squad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah, but at least the guy's played some rugby at a professional level. Don't think he'll make a real impact if any for 2+ years, but it's worth checking out. Jim Tomsula is one of the best coaches in the business.
Original post by The Assassin
Yeah, but at least the guy's played some rugby at a professional level. Don't think he'll make a real impact if any for 2+ years, but it's worth checking out. Jim Tomsula is one of the best coaches in the business.

Yup he does have that advantage. Hes an interesting one and well hes got some damn good coaches and a surrounding to try get to the next level.
Reply 6052
What's it like playing QB at British university level? I have played qb in flag football games and also 'rugby style no pads full contact' but never properly kitted. I understand I won't start for a year or two if I even make the team, has anybody done it?
Original post by HYPERbol
What's it like playing QB at British university level? I have played qb in flag football games and also 'rugby style no pads full contact' but never properly kitted. I understand I won't start for a year or two if I even make the team, has anybody done it?

Depends if you can actually throw and whether or not you have anyone who can catch. If they have a beast running back then forget it, you'll just be handing the ball off all day long.
Original post by Tokyoround
Depends if you can actually throw and whether or not you have anyone who can catch. If they have a beast running back then forget it, you'll just be handing the ball off all day long.

This so much. British game is all about the running. Pretty annoying if your another position like a QB or WR but great if your a RB.
Reply 6055
Original post by Tokyoround

I thought it might be.

What would you call being able to throw? I can throw a spiral etc?
I thought it might be.

Accurately and consistently?
I thought it might be.

accuracy and power are important, make sure there's no dip on the throw. I'm not sure I agree with what others say about uni league being a running game, it's obviously the easier way to play but top teams throw the ball around plenty. Really depends what team you join.

here's a video of the uni league finals, it was a really good game. This highlights video is pretty meh though, too much slowmo...

Original post by .Theory
accuracy and power are important, make sure there's no dip on the throw. I'm not sure I agree with what others say about uni league being a running game, it's obviously the easier way to play but top teams throw the ball around plenty. Really depends what team you join.

here's a video of the uni league finals, it was a really good game. This highlights video is pretty meh though, too much slowmo...

Yeah it does depend which team he joins, still, the teams that favour the run far outnumber those that have medium to strong passing game. Likelihood is that he will go to a team that favours the easy way out, or he won't be good enough to beat out a second or 3rd year QB, or even beat an american exchange student.
Reply 6059
Original post by .Theory

Decent game to watch aye. Thought the Lions QB tried to force it a bit much earlier on :ninja: Had a great second half though.

Latest