St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

BA History, V100.
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by Anantveer
BA History, V100.

You should be fine; the admissions person I talked to said they really don't care what your math grade is if you're applying for history.
Reply 7902
Original post by Anantveer
Do I stand a chance to get in St.Andrews with

History- A*
Economics- A*
Maths- B

The requirements for history are AAA, I would admissions and ask as not sure how particular on equivalent grades etc.......
do they take attendance during the week? what happens if you miss a few classes one week lets say u go out of town?
Original post by joey buttafuoco
do they take attendance during the week? what happens if you miss a few classes one week lets say u go out of town?

They take attendance at tutorials and labs, not lectures. You usually only have one tutorial a week (per module). If you miss one you need to submit an online form thing basically saying why you were absent. Each department has different ways in dealing with these, but for most it's usually you can't miss more than 3 in the semester for each module, or similar.
Hi,

I recently accepted an offer to St Andrews but I'm really worried that I won't fit in. I am quite a quiet person and not big on mad social events with drinking and stuff :frown:
I also think the raisin weekend looks petrifying but I'm not sure if anyone opts out of it? Does it put you at a disadvantage for the rest of the year if you just watch it rather than take part?

Thanks. :smile:
Original post by C.Ellen24
Hi,

I recently accepted an offer to St Andrews but I'm really worried that I won't fit in. I am quite a quiet person and not big on mad social events with drinking and stuff :frown:
I also think the raisin weekend looks petrifying but I'm not sure if anyone opts out of it? Does it put you at a disadvantage for the rest of the year if you just watch it rather than take part?

I have the exact same concerns, don't worry there will be people like us and I have heard that a certain number of people opt out of such things. :biggrin:
Original post by ohmygosh
I have the exact same concerns, don't worry there will be people like us and I have heard that a certain number of people opt out of such things. :biggrin:

Really?! I hope so and thanks :smile: It makes me feel a bit better knowing that there are people the same as me :smile:

What course have you applied for at St Andrews?
(edited 10 years ago)
Hi,

Don't worry I'm not mad on it either and I firmed. Just gonna have to stick together :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hannah_lou
Don't worry I'm not mad on it either and I firmed. Just gonna have to stick together :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah....I'm glad i'm not the only one who feels like that :smile: thanks

What course have you applied for?
(edited 10 years ago)
Really?! I hope so and thanks :smile: It makes me feel a bit better knowing that there are people the same as me :smile:

What course have you applied for at St Andrews?

I was really worried too until I realised that there seem to be quite a few people who don't like the constant partying/loud lifestyle. It just isn't for everyone.

I have applied to English Lit, what about you?
I was really worried too until I realised that there seem to be quite a few people who don't like the constant partying/loud lifestyle. It just isn't for everyone.

I have applied to English Lit, what about you?

Yeah that's comforting :smile:

Oh cool, I have applied for Film studies and Comparative Literature. Have you applied for accommodation yet? :smile:
Yeah that's comforting :smile:

Oh cool, I have applied for Film studies and Comparative Literature. Have you applied for accommodation yet? :smile:

That sounds like a really interesting course, I toyed with the idea of applying for Comparative lit but didn't go through with it. I haven't applied for accommodation yet, but thinking about self catered. Have you?
Hi,

Hi I am the same as you and I've found plenty of other people like me to hang out with so it is not a problem! And if you choose your parents wisely then you should be able to have a raisin that you can enjoy even if you don't want to do any drinking :smile:
Reply 7914
Hi,

Don't worry. I was/am really quiet and I still have a good time here. There's no need to go to the big events if you don't want (though you could still do one or two and just go home early if you wanted).
Plus Raisin does look petrifying. If you don't want to drink etc, you can still take part, there are academic parents of all kinds out there. Or, if you wanted to, you don't have to take part at all. Find a bunch of like minded people and hang out together instead. You never *have* to do anything. :smile:
(Do recommend joining a few societies though, they're great fun if you choose the right ones, cough*AstroSoc*cough.) :wink:
That sounds like a really interesting course, I toyed with the idea of applying for Comparative lit but didn't go through with it. I haven't applied for accommodation yet, but thinking about self catered. Have you?

Yeah I couldn't really decide what to do Film with but opted for Comparative Literature in the end. Oh okay, I have applied for the standard self catered :smile:
Original post by Helsy
Don't worry. I was/am really quiet and I still have a good time here. There's no need to go to the big events if you don't want (though you could still do one or two and just go home early if you wanted).
Plus Raisin does look petrifying. If you don't want to drink etc, you can still take part, there are academic parents of all kinds out there. Or, if you wanted to, you don't have to take part at all. Find a bunch of like minded people and hang out together instead. You never *have* to do anything. :smile:
(Do recommend joining a few societies though, they're great fun if you choose the right ones, cough*AstroSoc*cough.) :wink:

Oh okay thanks. That has made me feel a bit better about it. Yeah I hope I can find will be like minded people :smile:
Haha, I will look out for those societies. :smile:

Thank you.
Reply 7917
Hi all :smile:

I firmed my Unconditional offer for IR over three weeks ago and still haven't received my entrant email containing my ID number so i can apply for accommodation or any other correspondence from St A's at all... is this normal?!

Getting very restless!
Original post by Lilyyy
Hi all :smile:

I firmed my Unconditional offer for IR over three weeks ago and still haven't received my entrant email containing my ID number so i can apply for accommodation or any other correspondence from St A's at all... is this normal?!

Getting very restless!

Rest assured you will eventually hear from them-as a first year you are guaranteed accommodation :smile:
Reply 7919
I know that sounds weird when you want to learn Welsh ( well most of my friends think so :argh: ) however I am trying to learn for 3 months already;I know pretty basic stuff and want to improve in a more professional way.Are there any societies,or clubs related to this ?

I would love to at least speak in Welsh,If I go to Wales :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending