The Student Room Group

OCR AS Chemistry Evaluation Coursework

hey guys! we have our evaluative coursework tomorrow, but our teachers haven't prepared us for it. do u guys have any tips or any websites I can use to revise? the questions about alternative methods/equipment are particularly hard since we haven't used much equipment other than those for titration :frown: any help would be appreciated. thank you :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Did your teachers give you the Practical Skills handbook?

http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/70646-practical-skills-handbook.pdf

Pages 28-33 are seriously useful/important for the evaluative paper.
Reply 2
have you done the carboxylic acid one?
Reply 3
@sessess thank you so much!! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by sophie234q
have you done the carboxylic acid one?

yes we did the carboxylic group earlier and then we did group 2 carbonates. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Sukhmanjit
yes we did the carboxylic group earlier and then we did group 2 carbonates. :smile:

Any tips for carboxylic
group plz
I'm doing the carboxylic one too! Does anyone have any tips? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Springroo96
I'm doing the carboxylic one too! Does anyone have any tips? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that the one on mass spec?
Reply 8
Original post by letsbehonest
Is that the one on mass spec?

Yes do u have any tips
Original post by Alan786
Yes do u have any tips

Wait did you have it yesterday? If not

Basically there is nothing on mass spec

You need to know limitations of infrared spec
You need to know how to calculate percentage error for burette volumetric flask and pipettes
You need to know how the mean titre will change if you make mistakes in your titration
You need to be able to draw e/z isomers
Remember the reactions of alcohols
Remember the test for unsaturation
And you need to be able to write equations for compound with more than one functional group reacting with metals
Hi has anyone completed the evaluation about calculations of volumes and moles well the title is something similar can't really remember. If you have any advice on what to revise. I have revised calculations for moles and titration can't think of anything else I have always scored no higher than 8 on evaluations. An
Hi has anyone completed the evaluation about calculations of volumes and moles well the title is something similar can't really remember. If you have any advice on what to revise. I have revised calculations for moles and titration can't think of anything else I have always scored no higher than 8 on evaluations. Any help will be greatful.

Thank you
Heyy

Can someone help me out for the Carboxylic acid ocr practical?

What questions do we need to be prepared for?

Many thanks!

Stace x x
I've done the one about collection of gas, but has anyone done the one about enthalpy change of combustion for the evaluative?
Hi guys has anyone done the OCR evaluative enthalpy of combustion task yet? Some feedback would be very useful!
Reply 15
I have my evaluative task on enthalpy change of combustion on monday
Original post by Fandalf

Hey have u done a alohol evaluative task
Reply 17
Has anyone done the evaluative for enthalpy of combustion?
Reply 18
Original post by Fandalf

How was it?
Tomorrow I have my evaluative ISA about alcohols. Has anyone done it? How was it? If anyone has any tips it would be greatly appreciated :smile:
Thanks!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending