The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Isometrix
Mata has scored 18 goals, and has 34 assists this season in all competitions. Unbelievable.

That is astonishing! I can't believe we came so to signing him.
Arsenal:
Wigan
Newcastle

Tottenham:
Chelsea
Stoke
Sunderland

Chelsea:
Tottenham
Villa
-Benfica-
Everton
Reply 1902

Perfect.

"I was alive when Howard Webb sent off a Man United player at Old Trafford"

:lol:
Original post by imthe12
Arsenal:
Wigan
Newcastle

Tottenham:
Chelsea
Stoke
Sunderland

Chelsea:
Tottenham
Villa
-Benfica-
Everton

Are you posting this everywhere?
Original post by TH3-FL45H
No but you can make everton get 5th and europa league but that means everton win their last two and spurs lose their last three

So its pretty unlikely

Damn! :frown:
Are you posting this everywhere?

Haha, just the arsenal and chelsea forum lol.
Reply 1906
Mata has scored 18 goals, and has 34 assists this season in all competitions. Unbelievable.

And somehow people still say that david silva is a better player. :facepalm2:
Original post by jam277
And somehow people still say that david silva is a better player. :facepalm2:

Mata is such a joy to watch.
Reply 1908
Original post by Malevolent
Mata is such a joy to watch.

The thing is I like hazard more than mata. Mata is great at linking up the midfield and makes great passes/crosses but hazard is better at getting me off my seat(and luiz obviously with his long range shots) with his change of pace, messi like riding off challenges and quick link up play with the rest of the team. Similar to aguero for city.

Oscar you don't know what you'll get with him like ramires, you'll get a burst of pace, some fantastic interplay and great goals, or you'll get the guy who can't cross to save his life and make loads of erratic dribbles losing the ball trying to get past his man.
Original post by jam277
The thing is I like hazard more than mata. Mata is great at linking up the midfield and makes great passes/crosses but hazard is better at getting me off my seat(and luiz obviously with his long range shots) with his change of pace, messi like riding off challenges and quick link up play with the rest of the team. Similar to aguero for city.

Oscar you don't know what you'll get with him like ramires, you'll get a burst of pace, some fantastic interplay and great goals, or you'll get the guy who can't cross to save his life and make loads of erratic dribbles losing the ball trying to get past his man.

I like Hazard but right now Mata is the man. Hazard is more flashier but Mata some of the things he does. A bit like Iniesta not electric pace but the ability to keep the ball whilst being crowded out.
Reply 1910
Original post by Malevolent
I like Hazard but right now Mata is the man. Hazard is more flashier but Mata some of the things he does. A bit like Iniesta not electric pace but the ability to keep the ball whilst being crowded out.

Yeah, mata is the better player. Mata is possibly the best player at ball retention we've ever had. Maybe zola is the only one I can compare him with. Real madrid should have held on to this guy man. Would have been a great player to have in the first team, Ozil is the same level as mata though.
(edited 10 years ago)
Hazard is someone who can create something exciting but Mata is reliable and can still create things
Original post by jam277
Yeah, mata is the better player. Mata is possibly the best player at ball retention we've ever had. Maybe zola is the only one I can compare him with. Real madrid should have held on to this guy man.

I love watching Mata hes something else. Madrid have a habit of letting a few good players go!
Original post by jam277

I think Hazard is the more explosive player, definitely. His acceleration and dribbling is class, and I love how he can score using either feet - finessed or with power. Don't want to go over the top but that screamer from distance against Stoke oozed Ronaldo, and the curler against Utd in the league cup had elements of Messi.

Mata's strength is his vision and creativity. The number of times a great ball has come in and someone scored, you can bet your money it was Mata that provided it. He's involved with almost all of the movements and attacks we create. Although I find Hazard more entertaining, Mata is more important to our team I feel, and it showed today.

Agree with you on Oscar. Even if he has a good game, you can still look through it and find mistakes that he made. For a playmaker he can be very sloppy with his passing and loses the ball a lot more than the other two. But he's young and it's his first season, so I'm sure he'll get better.
Reply 1914
Mata's our best player, but the gulf between Hazard and Moses was shown today. Whilst he's a great player he goes missing in the bigger games far too often. Hopefully Hazard should be back for Wednesday though.
Reply 1915
I think Hazard is the more explosive player, definitely. His acceleration and dribbling is class, and I love how he can score using either feet - finessed or with power. Don't want to go over the top but that screamer from distance against Stoke oozed Ronaldo, and the curler against Utd in the league cup had elements of Messi.

Mata's strength is his vision and creativity. The number of times a great ball has come in and someone scored, you can bet your money it was Mata that provided it. He's involved with almost all of the movements and attacks we create. Although I find Hazard more entertaining, Mata is more important to our team I feel, and it showed today.

Agree with you on Oscar. Even if he has a good game, you can still look through it and find mistakes that he made. For a playmaker he can be very sloppy with his passing and loses the ball a lot more than the other two. But he's young and it's his first season, so I'm sure he'll get better.

If hazard can get a better goal tally he'd be as good as those two. He certainly has the potential to be as good as ronaldo and messi. Personally I think we've bought the next best player in the world. A big claim to make but he is amazing, it's his first season. One thing for sure is that when we next win the title(next season probably) he'll have a big part to it.

Yeah it's true. Mata is completely vital to our team, all our main attacks(e.g. demba ba chances) involved mata getting a cross in. If there was anything I could say that's missing in his game is his lack to shoot at times, but even then he's still our top goalscorer. I think that hazard is very useful if we want to play quick football on the counter(see basel matches) in the no.10 role and when we want to control the game mata is best suited in the hole too.

Should be 88 in fifa next season at least. :colonhash:
Original post by jam277
Should be 88 in fifa next season at least. :colonhash:

Really? That would put him in the top ten players in the world. I'd have at like 86/87 as he's 85 atm but maybe put his potential higher.
Reply 1917
Really? That would put him in the top ten players in the world. I'd have at like 86/87 as he's 85 atm but maybe put his potential higher.

Aguero has been 88 for the past season. on that basis mata clearly deserves it, also ozil has been 87 and mata has had an amazing season better than him. He's 86 atm(that's where he started this season) and has had a great season.
Wonder what kroos would be though...
Original post by jam277
Aguero has been 88 for the past season. on that basis mata clearly deserves it, also ozil has been 87 and mata has had an amazing season better than him. He's 86 atm(that's where he started this season) and has had a great season.
Wonder what kroos would be though...

Oh Mata definitely yeah.

Thought he was talking about Hazard! :colondollar:
Reply 1919
Oh Mata definitely yeah.

Thought he was talking about Hazard! :colondollar:

Hazard should be 85/86. He's shown improvement, but in relation to what he does to the team he should not be any above 86 :colonhash: but they'd probably put him as 87 for the sake of it.

Latest