The Student Room Group

AQA Physics Unit 1 PHYA1 20th May 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GeneralOJB
I looked harder and found it. :biggrin:

Thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOO much! :biggrin:
Reply 41
Please could someone link me the JAN 2013 paper please?
Original post by pilotluke1
Please could someone link me the JAN 2013 paper please?

GeneralOJB was Kind enough to post the Question Paper and Mark scheme, look at the previous pages :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by posthumus
GeneralOJB was Kind enough to post the Question Paper and Mark scheme, look at the previous pages :smile:

yeay thanks!
Reply 44
Got 67/70 (118/120 UMS) in the mock. Feeling pretty confident. It's much easier than unit 2.
Original post by GeneralOJB
Got 67/70 (118/120 UMS) in the mock. Feeling pretty confident. It's much easier than unit 2.

Whats 120 UMS? Well done on that results by the way :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cnut
Hey guys, thanks for making this thread. I looked for one too.
I'm sitting this exam because my centre switched the modules (U2 Jan, U1 May).

Revision seems to have been going really well so far for this module. It feels much easier than Unit 2, but I have more exams in May, so it's a close one...

For physics, the method I like (which earned me a decent A in January :P) involves breaking my revision down into three stages:

1: Reading the book, start to finish (for unit 1!) and writing notes as I go (as well as my in-class notes, which I also read through at the same time). When I reach some "pink" (or red, whatever :P) questions at the end of each sub-chapter, I do them, and then mark all questions from a full chapter at once when I reach the end.
(So this step goes: read-test-read-test-read-test... etc. NOT just read-read-read-test)

2: Next, I'll go through and do every exam-style, end-of chapter question (and I mean ALL of them :P). These are really useful, because AQA have full examiner's notes on every single one; pretty much telling you how to do them.

3: Finally, I do all the available past papers (again, I mean every single one! Twice each, if I there's time! :biggrin:), mark them strictly with the mark scheme, and then make notes on where I screwed up (I put the screw-ups on post-its on the front of each paper, too). Looking back to Unit 2, I can spot from my post-its a theme of me being poor at F=K⌂L questions, and yup, that's where I lost the marks in the exam!

(4: Rinse and repeat, if necessary!)

This is just how I revise, though, so I'd like to hear your methods too!

By the way, I've been working on a memory course for this unit too. I've found it pretty useful so far (given the amount of definitions and stuff you just have to remember). Let me know if it's any good, and do feel free to spot any errors!
http://www.memrise.com/course/83265/as-aqa-physics-a/

Good luck!
C.

This is excellent I tried it and got 466 (89% accuracy), what a great idea and your revision tips are helpful.
Reply 47
I need electricity help ;( i got a E in Jan resiting on Monday anyone give me any pointers?
Original post by Ephixa
I need electricity help ;( i got a E in Jan resiting on Monday anyone give me any pointers?

Try going through these.
Reply 49

cheers man :smile:
Reply 50
6 days to exam who's ready for it?
(Not me)
Reply 51

What do you want to know :-)

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 52
Original post by NabRoh
6 days to exam who's ready for it?
(Not me)

Just done my first past paper today, took an hour and 25 minutes :/ And still only got 90 UMS! Made some silly, silly errors haha.
Reply 53
Original post by Xiomara
Just done my first past paper today, took an hour and 25 minutes :/ And still only got 90 UMS! Made some silly, silly errors haha.

What are you aiming for?

Reply 54
Original post by Son234
What are you aiming for?

An A!:colone:
Reply 55
Original post by Xiomara

Lol I bet you on your next past paper you will get >96ums

Practice makes perfect

(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by Xiomara

Why are you unhappy with 90 UMS then? I want that!
Would you care to share your strategies for the written questions (namely the 6 markers) :innocent:
Does anyone have the Jan 2013 Question paper?
Original post by jazzynutter
Does anyone have the Jan 2013 Question paper?

The paper and mark scheme is on the first page :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jimmy20002012
The paper and mark scheme is on the first page :smile:

Oops, how on earth did I miss it?!! :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending