The Student Room Group

AQA Sociology SCLY1 Family & Households 13th May 2013.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by salini1995
can someone give me some studies for demography please, really struggling with it

There are none. I think you'll get marks for explaining what key words mean and putting down the right reasons.
Original post by 3mmz
Ahhh childhood....
Don't people find that hard?

I'm definitely struggling with it.

Yknow what'd be useful?
If there was some sort of... list of commonly used terms in sociology for family, like "dual burden" and such, that I could quickly memorise now for the 2 mark questions and such.
Anyone know of one?
Original post by Deyesy
There are none. I think you'll get marks for explaining what key words mean and putting down the right reasons.

thank you so much but how would u evaluate
Wouldn't it be lovely if the essays were on functionalist view of family and reason for changes in divorce rates!
Original post by rheanne1995
Wouldn't it be lovely if the essays were on functionalist view of family and reason for changes in divorce rates!

😂 I think I would cry with happiness - divorce came up in Jan 2010, it's likely PLEASE AQA BE BABES

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rheanne1995

Ahah, if only... I might actually scrape a D, if that were true... :frown:
how would u evaluate a demographys question
Reply 387
I bet childhood comes up just to screw me over
Reply 388
Original post by sophtommo
😂 I think I would cry with happiness - divorce came up in Jan 2010, it's likely PLEASE AQA BE BABES

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is that....
Less stigma, higher expectations of marriage, secularisation and changes in women's position....
Just basically talk about the above and add functionalists are optimistic because of the rise in re marriages so divorcees still want to get married.....an maybe talk able feminists saying divorce is good, because it allows women to be independent and limits oppressions ....
Is that all u need to include?
Argh, help!
What views will likely show up about families?
New Right, Functionalist, Feminist, Marxist... any else?
And what on earth do they all mean in this context?!
Reply 390
Original post by 3mmz
Is that....
Less stigma, higher expectations of marriage, secularisation and changes in women's position....
Just basically talk about the above and add functionalists are optimistic because of the rise in re marriages so divorcees still want to get married.....an maybe talk able feminists saying divorce is good, because it allows women to be independent and limits oppressions ....
Is that all u need to include?

Pretty much spot on with what I've learnt.

Maybe add that modernists see divorce as a reason for increasing family diversity and it's good in their opinion since it gives people more choice.
Original post by Deyesy
Pretty much spot on with what I've learnt.

Maybe add that modernists see divorce as a reason for increasing family diversity and it's good in their opinion since it gives people more choice.

Yeah! There's an acronym for it I made: WALES

WOMEN
ATTITUDES
LAWS
EXPECTATIONS
SECULARISATION
- boom!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What are some key points to remember about the Marxist view on families?!
Anyone?
Reply 393
Original post by Throwerwhey
What are some key points to remember about the Marxist view on families?!
Anyone?

Marxist view on the functions of the family came up in January. Unlikely it'll come up. If it does, I'm screwed :awesome:
Original post by Deyesy
Marxist view on the functions of the family came up in January. Unlikely it'll come up. If it does, I'm screwed :awesome:

Aghh. This is going to be such a struggle.
Revised all the wrong things. lol
Guys, is it likely that family diveristy will come up again? And best of luck!
Off now to my exam. Wish me luck!
Good luck to all you others doing this exam too! Let us know how it went for you! :smile:
Original post by Throwerwhey
Off now to my exam. Wish me luck!
Good luck to all you others doing this exam too! Let us know how it went for you! :smile:

good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:smile::biggrin::colondollar::wink:
everything will go good
Exam in less than 1 hour....

my revision starts now, just done my economics exam
Reply 399
Good luck to everyone :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending