The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
I have an exam tomorrow and i'm not overly worried yet!! What is this wizardry!?!? :eek:

The end is in sight for my big courseworks!! I have a dental appointment Friday which is something hate cause I hate people prodding my mouth >.< BUT, i'm pinpointing this weekend as retail therapy weekend to celebrate the end of a tough week. :biggrin:
Original post by -FireFlies-
Lovin' life right now :yep:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Found out I probably have PTSD from something that happened when I was a kid and that's why I'm having massive anxiety attacks now :unsure: Four month wait to get it sorted...I've been waiting since November already. NHS mental health is a joke :eek:
Reply 183
Spent the entire day sobbing I can't put into words how hopeless I feel

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
Exactly! It's annoying
Haha I always thought I was a pussy but I'm alright providing there are no needles involved. In all honesty, a period hurts way more, or at least for me. I do have endometriosis though so mine are probably more painful than normal ones.

I think you'll be fine with it :smile:

Thanks I hope so. I dunno when I'm going to get it, probably after exams in the summer.
Also saw your post re: PTSD. That sucks but I guess at least you know there is a cause and that it can be sorted out! :hugs:
Found out I probably have PTSD from something that happened when I was a kid and that's why I'm having massive anxiety attacks now :unsure: Four month wait to get it sorted...I've been waiting since November already. NHS mental health is a joke :eek:

Sorry to hear you have PTSD but good at least that you have some kinda framework for understanding what's been happening to you :hugs: NHS mental health is def a joke most of the time :sadnod:

:console:

Original post by 08batee

Posted from TSR Mobile

:jumphug: :jumphug: :jumphug:
Original post by ANONYM00SE
Thanks I hope so. I dunno when I'm going to get it, probably after exams in the summer.
Also saw your post re: PTSD. That sucks but I guess at least you know there is a cause and that it can be sorted out! :hugs:

Hope it goes well, seriously it's the best contraceptive thingy I've ever had, don't even think about it anymore. No more anxiety attacks over "oh my God I took the wrong day, did I miss a day, I DON'T KNOW BECAUSE WHAT DAY DID I TAKE TUESDAY'S ON?!" :lol:

Yeah, at least I can sort it. That's why I'm so afraid of needles, the medical practises that happened when I was a child is what she thinks did it. All my blood tests came back normal, which means it's either migraines, epilepsy or anxiety causing this. I'm thinking it's most likely migraines and anxiety together
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Sorry to hear you have PTSD but good at least that you have some kinda framework for understanding what's been happening to you :hugs: NHS mental health is def a joke most of the time :sadnod:

:console:

:jumphug: :jumphug: :jumphug:

Yeah it makes me feel like much less of a pussy for when I go to pieces over something 'normal'. They take so long to sort things :frown:
Hope it goes well, seriously it's the best contraceptive thingy I've ever had, don't even think about it anymore. No more anxiety attacks over "oh my God I took the wrong day, did I miss a day, I DON'T KNOW BECAUSE WHAT DAY DID I TAKE TUESDAY'S ON?!" :lol:

Yeah, at least I can sort it. That's why I'm so afraid of needles, the medical practises that happened when I was a child is what she thinks did it. All my blood tests came back normal, which means it's either migraines, epilepsy or anxiety causing this. I'm thinking it's most likely migraines and anxiety together

I'm super paranoid about getting pregnant :tongue: Even when I was on the pill and used condoms I was convinced I was pregnant every month.... even when I had my period haha
:hugs: ohhhhh I remember you saying that, junior doc? Yeah definitely sounds more like migraines/anxiety. What I find is that anxiety sometimes triggers a migraine, then I get anxious about the migraine and also depression worsens. Hello vicious cycle!
Original post by 08batee

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: I hope you're ok, well as ok as you can be when you feel hopeless :frown:
I'm super paranoid about getting pregnant :tongue: Even when I was on the pill and used condoms I was convinced I was pregnant every month.... even when I had my period haha
:hugs: ohhhhh I remember you saying that, junior doc? Yeah definitely sounds more like migraines/anxiety. What I find is that anxiety sometimes triggers a migraine, then I get anxious about the migraine and also depression worsens. Hello vicious cycle!

I had a pregnancy scare a while ago where I was super moody and crying over the smallest thing, sick all the time and was actually late. Myself and my boyfriend were not amused. Took 3 pregnancy tests, Luckily it turned out to be nothing but seriously scared the **** out of me. :tongue:

Yeah that's what it was, I still remember it vividly and it terrifies me. Yeah I find that happens, like they trigger eachother
I've managed to read through 4 pages of my textbook. I have 6 chapters to revise and learn for the exam on Thursday.

My concentration is ****e :frown: I've tried everything I can think of, timing myself, turning the internet off, food rewards for work, punishment for not working, sitting at my desk, sitting on my bed. I'm fidgety and I keep getting distracted.
Reply 192
Yeah that's what it was, I still remember it vividly and it terrifies me. Yeah I find that happens, like they trigger eachother

I don't wanna second guess your doctor, but just wanted to check I'm not misreading. They think you have ptsd from a blood test administered by a junior doc? I can see that that might be horrible and traumatic, I'm not sure if it's traumatic in the ptsd sense. Have certainly never heard of anything like that before... ptsd involves fear of death, or damage to physical/sexual integrity, so I'd have said it sounds more like a bad phobia?
Every time I get somewhere with my project it all goes crazy and I have to go back to the start. How can I be final year and not understand these things :frown:
Original post by IDukem
I have an exam tomorrow and i'm not overly worried yet!! What is this wizardry!?!? :eek:

The end is in sight for my big courseworks!! I have a dental appointment Friday which is something hate cause I hate people prodding my mouth >.< BUT, i'm pinpointing this weekend as retail therapy weekend to celebrate the end of a tough week. :biggrin:

Good luck hunnibunni!!!!!! :lovehug: you'll ace it :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by asdfgah
I don't wanna second guess your doctor, but just wanted to check I'm not misreading. They think you have ptsd from a blood test administered by a junior doc? I can see that that might be horrible and traumatic, I'm not sure if it's traumatic in the ptsd sense. Have certainly never heard of anything like that before... ptsd involves fear of death, or damage to physical/sexual integrity, so I'd have said it sounds more like a bad phobia?

Kind of I'll explain it in a spoilered post

Spoiler

Don't know whether that's PTSD or not :dunno:
Reply 196
Good luck hunnibunni!!!!!! :lovehug: you'll ace it :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well I hope so :smile: This week will be such a long'un but i'll have a day or two break at the end of it for which i'll treasure :tongue: I might even be too tired to be on TSR for like 2 days haha :wink:

I hope all is well with you :lovehug:

Spoiler

Trying to. But in all honestly I just want to run.. Run so far away from here and leave my troubles all behind and start a new life, with a new name, new identity and forgot about this part of me.
They have tooooo many boxes to tick haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by IDukem
Well I hope so :smile: This week will be such a long'un but i'll have a day or two break at the end of it for which i'll treasure :tongue: I might even be too tired to be on TSR for like 2 days haha :wink:

I hope all is well with you :lovehug:

:yep: you have the weekend to recuperate :h: but I wish you all the best for tomorrow and let us know how it goes :h: how you feeling about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 199
:yep: you have the weekend to recuperate :h: but I wish you all the best for tomorrow and let us know how it goes :h: how you feeling about it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Dayum straight and I deserve it too after all the mental pain i've put myself through to get all this (exam and coursework) done too. I've put in so much time, effort and at times even tears that i'll feel the biggest relief going come Friday evening :'-) Thank you and don't worry I will whether it's good or bad :smile: I'm right in the middle to be honest, not confident but not not-confident...some areas i'm good at and some i'm shaky at but meh, we'll see how it goes :smile:

Latest