The Student Room Group

Funniest homework excuse?

Hey guys, what's the best excuses you've heard someone say for not bringing in their homework?
One of my friends said that he didn't bring his homework in, because the teacher never specifically said that it's part of the homework to actually bring it in. You guys ever heard (or maybe said yourself) any hilarious excuses?

Scroll to see replies

Someone else said they left it in Poland.

We're in Northern Ireland.

None I've really heard are funny, it's always just "did it, but forgot to lift it"
Reply 2
Teacher to a friend of mine in history;
"You've not given me a single piece of history homework for the passed three months, where is your essay!?"

"Can't we just forget about my history homework sir? It's all in the past now anyways."

One I've read, but never had the chance to use!
"Where is your physics problem sheet?"

"I believe it's at home somewhere, but according to the Uncertainty Principle, I must admit I'm not 100% sure. Without losing some information about it's momentum I can't do any better than that, I'm sorry."
The best I've herd from re was god told me not to do it and another on can't tmber where from I was abducted by alians an acedently left it on their ship

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Hahaha, they are decent. One of my Muslim friends said it was against his religion to do his RE homework.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by arcturus7
Teacher to a friend of mine in history;
"You've not given me a single piece of history homework for the passed three months, where is your essay!?"

"Can't we just forget about my history homework sir? It's all in the past now anyways."

One I've read, but never had the chance to use!
"Where is your physics problem sheet?"

"I believe it's at home somewhere, but according to the Uncertainty Principle, I must admit I'm not 100% sure. Without losing some information about it's momentum I can't do any better than that, I'm sorry."

Ahh that's quite good. Another of one my friends handed in the question paper that the teacher had given out. When asked why, he said you never said you wanted my COMPLETED homework.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Did she make you redo it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fajitamunch
Hahaha, they are decent. One of my Muslim friends said it was against his religion to do his RE homework.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I swear down when i read that i burst out laughing and got weird looks at school BBBBUUUUUUTTTTT LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!-literaly!:biggrin:
Loooool some of these are soooo funny! I'm too much of a goody two shoes to not forget it or I do the whole "I've done it but left it at home"
Reply 9
I, myself have made up some pretty good excuses but can't seem to think of any at the moment. Anywho, isn't it just annoying when you actually do the homework but genuinely forget to take it in..
I once spent around 3 hours on a massive geog poster that we were supposed to do and I forgot to take it in! :angry: My teacher threatened to give me a detention but I just walked out on her and gave her my poster the next day. She was impressed to say the least.
Reply 10
Original post by dasolja123
I swear down when i read that i burst out laughing and got weird looks at school BBBBUUUUUUTTTTT LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!-literaly!:biggrin:

Good :biggrin: The same guy didn't do his English homework and said he would feel culturally detached from his Pakistani background if he did his English homework.
This kid in my English class came out with this rather honest excuse as to why he didn't bring in his essay

'Sorry sir I forgot to bring it with me thi... actually to be honest with you I just couldn't be bothered the football was on last night'

Cue the look of shock/astonishment from the teacher which quickly turned to rage and he blurted out "are you being ****ing serious" He then told the teacher that the other people who hadn't brought it in's excuses were all lies and he thought his honesty would make him go up in the teachers expectations:biggrin:
LOL
Good :biggrin: The same guy didn't do his English homework and said he would feel culturally detached from his Pakistani background if he did his English homework.

STOP MAKING ME LAUGH!!! :-)
the only excuses i've heard are the dog ate it-from the ppl who don't actually have dogs!
I had some outstanding methods of avoiding homework I was the king at it so much so I never got in trouble for it once I was always given the benefit of the doubt.

-I lived close to my school we had homework due in Computing and it was just after lunch and I knew she usually asks for the homework at the start of class and was very strict about missing it so as soon as I walked in I put a look of fake shock/horror on my face and said "oh sorry miss i've just realized I left the oven on at home, can I quickly run home and turn it off" too which she said "ye go ahead you had better hurry:" I took my time signing out at the office and walked slowly home arriving back in class with 25 minutes to go by which time all the homework had been collected and she had completley forgotten about mine. I did this with 3 or 4 different teachers but the problem is it only works once per teacher.:biggrin:

-Another good one in English if I had forgotten homework or an essay was too just throw an old essay I had done previously on the pile, then I would write the essay that night and first thing in the morning I would go to his class and say "oh i'm really sorry sir I didn't realise till I got home last night I had handed you the last essay I done by mistake here's the real one" too which he never suspected a thing and said "oh that's alright as long as you done it thanks for bringing it in" I must have used that excuse twice for everyone of my teachers I had.

-Then there was the old emailing it to myself in the wrong format on purpose trick, "oh sorry sir/miss I emailed it to myself last night but it's not working for some reason i'll print it out tonight and bring it in tommorow" too which you never get in trouble for because the computer illiterate teachers know nothing and just assume it's the computers fault haha.

-Next up was the fact my school banned the use of memory sticks due to viruses so a few times I I brought in a blank memory stick and asked the teacher to print off my homework to which they replied "oh no I can't they have been banned" cue the look of fake shock on my face "that's ridiculous what are we supposed to do if we don't have a printer" too which they replied "I know it's stupid oh well can you e-mail it to me for tommorow" which always bought me an extra day and again they never blamed me for it because they foolishly assumed I had done it and it was the schools fault not mine:colone:
Reply 15
Original post by dasolja123
STOP MAKING ME LAUGH!!! :-)
the only excuses i've heard are the dog ate it-from the ppl who don't actually have dogs!

Another excuse a different friend made was that he went in a fishing boat with his granddad and he was doing his homework there. Suddenly there was a really big pull and he had to help his granddad pull so he threw his book into the air and it fell into the water. The teacher didn't know what to say... Pretty damn elaborate story lol. Not really that funny, just the teacher's response which made it interesting haha. After questioning him, my friend said he's got a picture of the fish as proof if the teacher wanted to see it haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by CaityRaindrop
Someone else said they left it in Poland.

We're in Northern Ireland.

None I've really heard are funny, it's always just "did it, but forgot to lift it"

Omg how can you have the guts to say that to your teacher !!!!! And I like the first one hahaha
Reply 17
'I couldn't afford paper to do my homework'

Legit excuse
Reply 18
I often used my period as an excuse not to do homework. :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Another excuse a different friend made was that he went in a fishing boat with his granddad and he was doing his homework there. Suddenly there was a really big pull and he had to help his granddad pull so he threw his book into the air and it fell into the water. The teacher didn't know what to say... Pretty damn elaborate story lol. Not really that funny, just the teacher's response which made it interesting haha. After questioning him, my friend said he's got a picture of the fish as proof if the teacher wanted to see it haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg looooooooool I'm having a laughing fit right now if I was the teacher I would have let them of for being so creative omg how can people have the guts to say these things !!!!! I would have been in hysterics if I heard someone say that to a teacher and did he show the teacher the picture ?

Quick Reply

Latest