The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Unit 1 May 14th 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by clareramos
sorry to dissapoint, but doubt it.

Reason behind me saying that:

From what you're all moaning about, there doesn't seem to have been to many hard questions, and most where fairly standard geography, nothing to technical.

I saw the paper about a month ago and looking overall it wasn't the hardest paper at all, there was a lot of you either know it or you don't, and they looked at geography areas which weren't hard to know, but they wrote in such a way that you had apply your knowledge and link things together.

How did you know what was going to be on the paper? You could have told us!
Original post by SoAce
Usually about 70% ish.

They aren't usually that high, check my attached image
Original post by leonieposhai
Need more time.

I din't know why people always say this, I always finish like 10 mins early. You should try doing History, essays are soo rushed!
Magnitude-frequency had to guess... deserts was great, population I couldnt understand what it wanted for the 2 questions on social welfare and socio economic characteristics. Health was fairly good.
Was ok, not great but not really bad...
Original post by homefind
What case studies did people use for 15 marker population? I used china and France.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did France and Thailand :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 943
Original post by MobQ
I did exactly the same for submergent, great minds ;-).. Hopefully haha

haha awesome!

Posted from TSR Mobile
you just need better time management.

Hey clare, just wanted to say found this paper really easy :biggrin: I thought I was going to fail 10 mins before though haha, hoping for 130 UMS perhaps, definitely got above 80% raw marks

Negs? Some of you clearly didnt do well, for every neg I know someone reduced the grade boundary! Thank you, neg away!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 945
I found that exam more difficult than previous ones, I did the 2 compulsory ones and coasts and energy issues.

For the image of the management in the river I put it was a tidal barrage, would that mess my answer up because i heard its a dam?
Reply 946
see now I'm a little worried because I actually found the exam ok, I mean it wasnt' super easy but I kind of liked how it was a more difficult paper if that makes sense, please say I'm not the only one XD
Reply 947
Original post by imnotcharlotte
I did France and Thailand :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nice :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 948
Do they base the grade boundaries after they've marked/looked at the completed exam papers?

Ps - is China and Russia okay? :/
Reply 949
Original post by SimpleTom
Hey clare, just wanted to say found this paper really easy :biggrin: I thought I was going to fail 10 mins before though haha, hoping for 95 UMS perhaps, definitely got above 80% raw marks

YAY! so it wasnt' just me that found it ok, which topics did you do?
Original post by lucasluke
Magnitude-frequency had to guess... deserts was great, population I couldnt understand what it wanted for the 2 questions on social welfare and socio economic characteristics. Health was fairly good.
Was ok, not great but not really bad...

agreed!
It was an Okay paper! The questions were good, but my answers were pretty poor! I felt like I had so much knowledge to give, but i couldn't gather my thoughts fast enough to answer the question to the standard that I wanted!
Reply 951
Original post by Welbeck
I found that exam more difficult than previous ones, I did the 2 compulsory ones and coasts and energy issues.

For the image of the management in the river I put it was a tidal barrage, would that mess my answer up because i heard its a dam?

You'll probably lose marks, it was a dam so they would only accept a dam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alex-Torres
How did you know what was going to be on the paper? You could have told us!

They aren't usually that high, check my attached image

I din't know why people always say this, I always finish like 10 mins early. You should try doing History, essays are soo rushed!

I am trying to work out a guestimate for what I think will be the grade boundaries.

I work in exams for JCQ.
Original post by SimpleTom
Hey clare, just wanted to say found this paper really easy :biggrin: I thought I was going to fail 10 mins before though haha, hoping for 95 UMS perhaps, definitely got above 80% raw marks

that's good. saw your email this morning, but thought I shouldn't reply on day of exam, never best.
Reply 954
Original post by rickyy
Do they base the grade boundaries after they've marked/looked at the completed exam papers?

Ps - is China and Russia okay? :/

China is fine but I can't say anything on Russia as we didn't learn that one lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 955
Who else compared A with D? haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey everyone, I need advice. What is the best way to revise for Skills next week?
I know most of content, but I haven't really practiced past papers. We did a mock and I got 78% - but I do think that I can do better, I just don't know how! :s-smilie: lool!

Plus! It's been awesome talking to you all leading up to the exams! - Thank you LOADS @LucasLuke - I used your notes for revision, as well as other things!!!

:smile:
Original post by CurtisDean
agreed!
It was an Okay paper! The questions were good, but my answers were pretty poor! I felt like I had so much knowledge to give, but i couldn't gather my thoughts fast enough to answer the question to the standard that I wanted!

We will all find out on results day and hopefully everyone gets what they want!
Good luck - not gonna read this thread anymore because it's no use worrying now.
Original post by homefind
Who else compared A with D? haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did!
I spoke about the churches
The percentage cover of urbanisation
The roads
The park size comparison

THat's all I think
I am trying to work out a guestimate for what I think will be the grade boundaries.

I work in exams for JCQ.

As if you work for the exam board, thats so cool, can you secretly tell people whats on the paper? Do you ever get bribes from desperate students?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending