The Student Room Group

AQA Geography Unit 1 May 14th 2013

Scroll to see replies

Original post by beepidybeep
You sound like an absolute faggot

Lol he doesn't realise only 4 questions are going to get marked and 'emphasise how precipitation doesn't affect discharge' lol completely wrong. Will laugh hard when he fails.
Original post by fil.sissay
Does raw mean marks?

you have raw marks, which is the actual marks.
Original post by homefind
Am I missing something here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In Thailand the had a massive population policy for condoms to reduce population. Google Ted talks Thailand condom and it should come up (I'll find it later when I'm home)
Reply 1063
My hands are like killin me after history and geo on the same day!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by NewCeremony
I panicked and used a Bangladesh study, I don't think I should have looking back. I did talk about the physical factors that affected discharge there and then how they were exacerbated by human factors but talking with my friends this seems wrong :frown:

AQA need to sort out their answer pages as well, I had to ask for paper for every single fifteen mark question! Embarrassing and the women took forever, five minutes wasted

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg I knw same here! Se took forever too! :frown: stupid AQA what's the point wasting paper space on "do not write here answer in the spaces provided" arrrh
Reply 1065
That was horrendous!

Aqa what is going on?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought it was bad. Everything I didn't want to come up came up (apart from the CAP)

In the first River question, I had never even come across that term before.
Coasts had rejuvenation, which is a load of *******s.
Population had cities which is, see above
The 15 mark on Food was weird.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by clareramos
I very much doubt that. I can count on one hand the number of people who have full marks from that paper.

You are a total ****! very obvious from your posts, you are so far up your own arse it is unreal, god help you when you go to uni, you will get a real shock.

He's just purposefully being a troll because he messed up his exam, just ignore
Reply 1068
Original post by JindleBrey
I thought it was bad. Everyone I didn't want to come up came up (apart from the CAP)

In the first River question, I had never even come across that term before.
Coasts had rejuvenation, which is a load of *******s.
Population had cities which is, see above
The 15 mark on Food was weird.

First river question is just reworded of reccurence interval = number of years +1 / ranking of flood so its the likelihood of a flood with a defined discharge to reoccur is a set number of years time :c
Reply 1069
Can anyone remember any of the health questions?
Reply 1070
Original post by clareramos
I very much doubt that. I can count on one hand the number of people who have full marks from that paper.

You are a total ****! very obvious from your posts, you are so far up your own arse it is unreal, god help you when you go to uni, you will get a real shock.

OMG he's a troll trying to wind you up obviously he hasn't gone to Cambridge etc hes a junior member come on..
What did people put for the description of the dam in the rivers section?

I put that it was a dam which held the water back and there was a reservoir behind, raising water levels and a spillway river for boats to go down. Do you think that'd get full marks or will I lose one for missing out that it's a hard engineering scheme?
Original post by fickwicklea
He's just purposefully being a troll because he messed up his exam, just ignore

I know. Just trying to get him to break. I will win.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/27/Esker_(PSF).png/200px-Esker_(PSF).png for the esker question, you'd have to draw something like this.

Not sure what diagrams you'd add though, as none of the pics on the internet have labels.

for the labels I wrote:
"long sinuous undulating ridges" "hummock like shape" "20-30 metres in width"
For the definition of morbidity I put:

"Morbidity refers to ill health, an example of this is someone having lung cancer"

I'm guessing I got 0 marks?

Morbidity is the state of being ill or diseased, or the occurrence of a disease or condition that damages health and quality of life (1). It is measured in in DALYs which stands for disability adjusted life years (1).
Original post by mashaw
Yes

Tx

I put that it was a dam which held the water back and there was a reservoir behind, raising water levels and a spillway river for boats to go down. Do you think that'd get full marks or will I lose one for missing out that it's a hard engineering scheme?

how many marks was it?

I would of done what the physical dam is, and a description of what a dam does.
Reply 1077

One sec forget that hard engineering thing how is an advantage of flood management is a spillway river for boats to go down they could go down before the dam :C
Original post by ajayshah95
Morbidity is the state of being ill or diseased, or the occurrence of a disease or condition that damages health and quality of life (1). It is measured in in DALYs which stands for disability adjusted life years (1).

Could u talk about prevalence and incidence.

It was heart disease. Lucky MOM! Hope, hope, 101. If the value is false, the reason why I want my Zjokal.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending